1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1652 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Hold value, looks good"

Cons: "City fuel mileage horrible."

Sporty and Looks Good

"Have had the truck for a few years. Trying to sell it ONLY because I drive a ton of city miles and it is KILLING me in fuel. Other than that I love this truck. Cleans up good. Love the 4WD it goes anywhere!"

Sporty and Looks Good

Great. Value / met all our needs for over 10 years

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cons: "Low EPA mileage but the power when towing good"

"Easy to tow four wheels down/ good power when towing large boat. Goes well through snow and mud. Fun to drive. Good visibility, white analog gauges attractive, easy to read in all conditions. Grab bars make it easy for all to enter car."

great when not in the shop

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Safe, nice to drive, quality leather"

Cons: "JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket"

"this jeep has had nearly every large and small issue [possible and I have purchased it twice due to mechanical, drivetrain,(new transmission and cam shaft at 35,000 miles) air conditioning, electrical , broken seat belt latches,lifters replaced, three radiators, etc. etc. Paid it off after a few years and a divorce so I kept repairing it over and over. Now the gas is leaking all over the engine and it will be another grand.I drivehas 100,227 miles since purchased in 2001 new. Love the vehicle when its ok. Drives nice, interior super comfy,etc, BUT I AM DONE !!!!!"

My 1st Vehicle "Lauretta" and she is GREAT!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort, interior, off-road, its a Jeep"

Cons: "Gas is eh, but what do you expect?"

After some muddy back roads

"I am the 2nd owner. I Got her in March of 2012 with 163,000 miles exactly. Running a 4.0 L. Inline 6 the miles don't mean a thing since she's running off the best motor jeep ever built! The interior was and still is spotless and the outside only had a small dent on the back hatch about the size of a silver dollar. Sure friends have cars that seem more "sporty" or "cool" but I'm the one laughing at them when they get STUCK in the snow and ice of Northern Indiana winters. And don't forget about being able to seat 5 comfortably! I have put new BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires on and it gives this "soccer mom jeep" a much more aggressive JEEP look and they are the best tires you can get with this truck with out getting a lift kit. I must admit I have had to replace pretty much EVERYTHING underneath except for the actual wheels due to the age of this vehicle, but its now the only Jeep i know that rides like a Cadillac! I have stretched out her legs a bit over the years I've had her, including 2 trips to Chicago, and one trip to Sandusky Ohio, some mudding, brutal winter of 2014. This jeep has made it through the same mud holes a 4 inch lifted wrangler no problem! Sure the water was over part of the hood but no worries! Some people say Wranglers are the only true Jeeps which are the TRUE Jeeps, but don't count this WJ out! This WJ is overall a great vehicle! She will get you there while also keeping your butt nice n' toasty!"

After some muddy back roads

THE BEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "f.UN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "CLOTH ENTERIER STAINED AND DOES NOT CLEAN UP EASY"

"I BOUGHT THIS SUV NEW. I LOVE MY JEEP. I WILL BE SELLING IT WHICH WILL BREAK MY HEART. BUT I AM BUYING ANOTHER JEEP LEATHER THIS TIME. THE HANDLING OF THIS JEEP IN THE SNOW AND RAIN IS UNBELIEVEABLE. I CAN ALWAYS GET OUT AND GO, 2 TRACKED IN IT IS GREAT VERY COMFORTIBLE RIDE. WE NEVER WORRIED ABOUT MAINTENCE BECAUSE THE ON BOARD COMPUTER ALWAYS LET US KNOW.I LIVE IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN LOTS OF SNOW. I HAVE A HARD TIME PUTTING INTO WORDS ALL THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY JEEP."

Great Jeep for the long run

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"I have had this Jeep (not SUV) for 5 years and out side of the normal breaks, water pump, and tires this puff kitty Jeep has done everything I've asked of it. NoT a Rubicon but it will go where any std. Wrangler will go. This is my work vehical and has over 130k miles and still give me a great ride on a long trip. The 2k trade in isn't worth mentioning for this Jeep because I'll run it till the pistons wear out before I give it up. Hope this was helpful."

Sleep easy knowing i own a jeep

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "All Wheel Drive, Comfortable Seating, Reliable"

Cons: "Head lights fog easy"

"I have owned my jeep for 4 years now and put around 60000 miles on it. I have Driven it across the country twice and do frequent trips back and forth from seattle to Boise, extremely reliable with no problems. In 4 years i have only had to replace a rear door lock actuator, fairly simple, and a muffler due to rust. I take this rig off road as well, its near stock and handles perfectly! I have never owned a better rig for snow driving either, with all wheel drive and a 4.7L V8 i dont worry at all when my wife takes it out. I even used it to pull a Uhaul out of the mud! I recommend a grand cherokee to everyone who wants an suv that is reliable and powerful."

It's a Jeep Thing.

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I bought my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 8 years ago with 65,000 miles...... 211,643 miles later and it is still running and looking as good as the day I bought it! I haven't had any major problems: the power window motor had to be replaced, and the suspension is a little stiffer than it used to be, but after 200,000+ miles through all kinds of terrain and cross country trips, worse could be expected. I've driven my Jeep on backroads and interstates alike from Maryland to Montana and still drive with confidence even with such high mileage. Great in the snow, mud and rocks, it still looks sharp! Only minor dents and dings that would be expected of an older vehicle. Interior still looks almost new. Get a Jeep and you won't regret it. There's a reason Jeep has such a great following and high reputation."

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Got this suv when I was pregnant. very, very comfortable. drives well in the snow, and is great for traveling. Only gets 17 mpg on average, which can be a pain. There do seem to be a few minor problems: Service engine light is always on and beeps every time I turn the engine on. This started about a week after I bought the jeep. I had it looked at, and was told that the gas cap sensor was saying the gas cap was off. When you take car out of four wheel drive, It still seems to be stuck in it for a few days. It's noticeable when making sharp turns, especially in parking lots and driveways. Speakers don't have very good sound. The left front speaker sometimes goes out, maybe due to a minor wiring defect...? Other than that, I'm in love with this car, and after having it for over a year, I haven't had any major problems with it."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "reliable , fun to drive"

Cons: "would be nice if had a sun roof lol"

"i love this car gets great MPG very smooth ride and other then regular maintains have nothing go wrong and i drive it up and down California."