1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1593 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!"

Cons: "That I can't replace it with another brand new!"

"I purchased this car new in 2002 (V-8). It has easily been the most reliable car I have ever owned, with the only repairs ever having been made in the past 12 years that I have owned it being the front driver and passenger window regulators. They must have been made cheaply or faulty, but the replacement ones have been working fine for years now. Literally, other than regular maintenance items like brakes, tires and 1 battery, this car has not needed any other repairs. I owned a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country before this one, and that was a great car also. I had been a little hesitant about purchasing the 2002 as I had heard Grand Cherokee reliability can be a little sketchy, but when I took it for a test drive I felt it was a great car. I had only owned it for 2 weeks and went to see my hairdresser, and he stated that he had purchased one as well, but that it had all kinds of problems with it, and he returned it and exchanged it for another one, and it was a lemon also. When I asked him what kind of problems, he stated "everything". I was a little worried that mine would be like that too, but mine has been the most awesome car! I normally wouldn't keep a car for over 12 years, but I've loved this car so much I haven't wanted to part with it. I've been thinking about getting a new car, and would like to purchase the 2014 Grand Cherokee, but the reviews I have been reading are not very good."

NEVER AGAIN!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Reason: worst car I have ever owned

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "2 many to list.."

"This car had 50000 miles on it when I got it . after it hit 70,000 its like pandoras box opened. from the tranny to the brakes rotors pulsing and there not even a year old to the engine shutting off the dash mixer for the ac broke thousands of $ shoved in it and the list is much to long to list everything I will never buy another Jeep as long as i live!"

Very strong vehicle

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Great in winter snow"

Cons: "Expensive on fuel"

"Vehicle is strong , how ever servicing is needed to maintain proper running condition."

good value-was $2000 less than KBB

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "good handling-nice leather interior-fun to drive-"

Cons: "wind noise-"

"just minor problems but easily fixed. gas mileage is 16 city and 21 highway with v-8. handles quite well and is fun to drive. will be interesting this winter with all-wheel drive but feel good because my son will be driving back and forth to college.bought this 4 months ago with 77,000 miles."

Overall unbelieveable reliability, convenience.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "It had all the options we needed and wanted."

Cons: "Gas mileage was not great, but worth it."

"Our previous six vehicles were Honda Accords; we had bought our daughter a Honda Civic and a Honda Odyssey, so we were "Honda people" because of the quality and reliability. However, my wife wanted to try something different, so I test drove the brand new 2004 Jeep with the V-6 engine and was instantly very impressed to the point that we bought the Jeep, in part because of the engine performance, but also the look, the quality, and just overall impression. It was possibly our best vehicle buy ever. The Jeep has been everything we could have wanted in a vehicle! We have been totally pleased with this car. We have, from day one, gotten many, many compliments on the Jeep, with one friend, every few months that we saw him, for years, would comment "Did you get a new car?" It is a beautiful vehicle, it has been totally reliable, and I intend to buy another Jeep soon."