1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1586 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

great when not in the shop

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Safe, nice to drive, quality leather"

Cons: "JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket"

"this jeep has had nearly every large and small issue [possible and I have purchased it twice due to mechanical, drivetrain,(new transmission and cam shaft at 35,000 miles) air conditioning, electrical , broken seat belt latches,lifters replaced, three radiators, etc. etc. Paid it off after a few years and a divorce so I kept repairing it over and over. Now the gas is leaking all over the engine and it will be another grand.I drivehas 100,227 miles since purchased in 2001 new. Love the vehicle when its ok. Drives nice, interior super comfy,etc, BUT I AM DONE !!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "great engine very reliable."

Cons: "lacking storage could use a lot more."

"Purchased this car in July 2012 for $3000 with 144000 miles my previous car had blown up and wanted something reliable that I could finish college with. Now in 2014 this vehicle currently has over 175000 miles on it and has been very reliable and made a trip from northern Ohio to West Virginia with no trouble at all. The 175000 miles were not easy either it was previously purchased from an auto auction by the previous owner, and also the previous owner used it to tow double axle tool trailers for a construction company. Knowing the vehicles previous history it has held up surprisingly well. This car has the 4.0 inline 6 cylinder engine and I would not hesitate to buy another one."

Best vehicle I ever owned...hate to trade it in...

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Bought it at a great price and fun to drive"

"Very reliable vehicle..."

Overall favorite vehicle!

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "goes anywhere, holds value"

"I absolutely love my Jeep! It will go almost anywhere and never lets me down. One down side is the transfer case in mine isn't built for a lot of abuse. Will be rebuilding soon which will cost me a pretty penny, but besides that i will stay true to jeep!"

best jeep i ever owed

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"this is the most comfortable jeep I have ever owned. body style is excellent. full time four wheel drive is great. ride is that of a jeep. comes in handy for all the potholes. this is one tough good looking vehicle. the only draw back is gas mileage is not great. performance make up for that. overall the best jeep I have ever had."

Great SUV, lots of repairs down the road

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, built, affordable, easy to fix, resale"

Cons: "Parts and labor can be expensive, 150,000"

"Great jeep, who doesnt love a jeep. My jeep was very reliable, but once I hit 150,000 miles it started to fall apart. replaced the starter, alternator, master cylender, break booster, all the breaks, battery, radiator, and had quite a few electrical problems....expecially with the rear break lights, must have been a short somewhere? I LOVE jeeps, and will forever drive a jeep. These vehicles are built to last, and can take a beating."

Truly Loved my Jeep!

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reason: 14 years old, beginning to need a mechanic

Pros: "Gas mileage, Comfort, option package"

Cons: "Age"

"I bought this baby new with optional package upgrades. Served me well with few repairs for 14 years. Felt like I sold my comfortable "home away from home"."

too many problems

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

"I bought this jeep used with 30000 miles. O2 sensors went out, gas cap, fuel pump, front seat broke, radio went out, radiator, front seal, ac core, left side power window and leaks water into the cab when the ac is used."

never ending problems and expenses.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, beautiful car, luxury"

Cons: "expensive upkeep, unreliable"

"I bought my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited edition quadra-drive in 2009. It had 53,000 miles on it and it now has 137k. I bought a warranty with the car and I put it to good use. As soon as the warranty ran out at 100k it was all down hill from there. I LOVED this Jeep before 100k and still did until at 130k the engine went. Not being able to afford a new vehicle I replaced the engine with a used one. It took my mechanic about a month to get all the kinks out and I was broken down on the side of the road countless times. It got to a point I didn't trust it at all to drive. The kinks finally were worked out and for 3 months it drove ok. NOW it feels like the transmission is slipping and it might have a front end problem. This vehicle has caused so much stress on my family. If you have an older jeep without a warranty you have to know about Jeeps and like working on them yourself or it's not worth it. My Classic Cherokee was SO much better in the snow. The quadra-drive is awful. It is basically an AWD so you can prepare to spend a fortune on replacing tires or ruining your drive train if you dont. Its a big gas hog and it's not very fast for a V6. I've replaced so much on the jeep its about 50% new parts! So frustrating. Jeeps are so fun to drive and when its in good condition it feels like the best car you could ever have. So comfortable, luxurious, great sound system. Exterior looks ok with minor rusting. The fake chrome wheels looked awesome until the chrome paint starts flaking off. It's a nice car but you need to be financially prepared for the upkeeps."

IS THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWN.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "GOOD, GOOD, GOOD."

Cons: "NONE"

"MY LAST 3 VEHICLES HAVE BEEN JEEP. I REALLY LIKE IT."

Literally wouldn't drive another vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "solid axles, luxurious interior, very affordable"

Cons: "4.7 does not tolerate neglect, limited aftermarket"

"I love my 2004 WJ Grand Cherokee. I've had it for 3 years now, bought it for $9300 from a good friend in 2011, which was just over the KBB at the time, but was in PERFECT condition, plus had a $2000 audio system in it. These Jeeps in my opinion are the most well-rounded vehicles Jeep has ever produced. The ride is comfortable, the interior is roomy and luxurious, and the power of the Powertech 4.7 V8 is very impressive (my favorite part!) I'm a car guy and very into off roading, these jeeps are so much more capable off road than the Jeep community give them credit for. With Solid axles in front and back this specific model grand Cherokee (WJ,99-04) will go farther than any other grand Cherokee ever made, including the brand new 2014 grocery-getters. The Quadradrive 4wd system offered on limited and overland models was revolutionary of its time, and not much will stop these things. Were stock Grand Cherokees shine is in the snow with the Quadradrive system, they are UNSTOPPABLE. I have made many modifications to my WJ, including audio, engine performance, suspension lift/tires and recently a rear axle swap. I have no intention of selling this vehicle EVER because i'm so in love with it. My jeep's KBB value is much, much lower than what it is actually worth since I have made significant modifications to suite my needs. Do some research, these Jeeps are popular on many forums online and many people like myself are active on them and will be enthusiastic to answer ANY questions you may have. Thanks for reading my review! cheerz"

My 1st Vehicle "Lauretta" and she is GREAT!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort, interior, off-road, its a Jeep"

Cons: "Gas is eh, but what do you expect?"

After some muddy back roads

"I am the 2nd owner. I Got her in March of 2012 with 163,000 miles exactly. Running a 4.0 L. Inline 6 the miles don't mean a thing since she's running off the best motor jeep ever built! The interior was and still is spotless and the outside only had a small dent on the back hatch about the size of a silver dollar. Sure friends have cars that seem more "sporty" or "cool" but I'm the one laughing at them when they get STUCK in the snow and ice of Northern Indiana winters. And don't forget about being able to seat 5 comfortably! I have put new BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires on and it gives this "soccer mom jeep" a much more aggressive JEEP look and they are the best tires you can get with this truck with out getting a lift kit. I must admit I have had to replace pretty much EVERYTHING underneath except for the actual wheels due to the age of this vehicle, but its now the only Jeep i know that rides like a Cadillac! I have stretched out her legs a bit over the years I've had her, including 2 trips to Chicago, and one trip to Sandusky Ohio, some mudding, brutal winter of 2014. This jeep has made it through the same mud holes a 4 inch lifted wrangler no problem! Sure the water was over part of the hood but no worries! Some people say Wranglers are the only true Jeeps which are the TRUE Jeeps, but don't count this WJ out! This WJ is overall a great vehicle! She will get you there while also keeping your butt nice n' toasty!"

After some muddy back roads

great car we really love em 4wd is the best too

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

"plenty o room for whayever is needed great running car"

Jeep Cherokee Lareado

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"Great running vehicle. But, the ride is too stiff for raod driving."

Love this Jeep

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Had our jeep for 9 years and 100000 miles and no major problems and fun to drive!"

Good Starter Vehicle

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Drives Good, Good Sound System, Nice Power, 4X4"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Engine Size"

"Good Starter Vehicle. Drive's really nice but get's poor gas mileage. It's a hard car to get rid of due to reliability. It's gotten me through some bad winters."

I absolutely love this car!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive!!"

"It is very comfortable to drive or ride in. It is very comfortable to drive. It has been very good to me. It is excellent in the snow and in summer time."

My Third One

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, dependable, solid"

Cons: "not the best mileage"

"I run Grand Cherokees until they are up to 200,000 miles - then trade in for a newer one. I lived remote Montana and did not want to run it longer than that. Love them - would gladly look for my 4th in a row when this one hits 200,000 but I might be looking for better gas mileage then. But I do feel safe and comfortable in the Cherokee. Never let me down in the Montana winters, fun to drive backroads in the summers."

Excellent SUV, handles very well, decent mpg

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and practical, rear cover,full size spare"

Cons: "Some peeling on aluminum wheels"

"Jeep has been detailed biweekly for years, garage kept for last 2 plus. All miles are long distance driving, not around town. All oil chgs since 100,000 miles have been fill synthetic. Engine is clean. Paint and interior in very good shape. Mileage decent driving long distance. All maintenance has been kept up to date. Jeep will need new tires soon after purchase; tread 4/6. Selling because decided to purchase a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee."

I love my Jeep! Goes anywhere/everywhere

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "great highway power to pass"

Cons: "sound system not so hot-no bluetooth"

"My husband and I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokees since 1985, about the time they were introduced. I'm a skier now living on the California Central Coast so driving 7 hours to ski is not uncommon. I ALWAYS feel safe and comfortable in my Jeep, no matter what the road conditions. Our current Jeep, 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 liter V8 FWD with nearly 125K miles,has not given us a moment's trouble other than typical wear and tear. It is reliable, hardworking and good looking. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

99 GC Limited

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Relieabilty, Fun To Drive, Sound System,"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Factory Breaks"

"I got this car brand new and put 235000 miles on it between 1999 and 2010. It now has 265000 and is still running strong! This car dose not get driven on a daily bases because I am saving it for my son but me and my wife drive it once and a wile. When I first got it every 10000 Miles the breaks would go. But when I got them replaced at a different place other than the Jeep dealer I had no more problems. Around 90000 the first big problem was the cooling system for the car. Then at 120000 the AC went and thats about it until A cupel of months ago where it had been sitting for a long time and I had to replace some sensors to get it to start. The build quality inside is evan good by todays standards with a soft dashboard and probably the most soft comfy leather that I have ever sat in. The V6 engine is not that powerful but sounds good and if you really put your foot down it will go. It handles better that you would expect A tall SUV with a smooth ride to and its overall really fun to drive. The sound system is great with the right amount of bass and tremble. It has SIMPLE controls that everyone understands."

Well designed & built, reliable vehicle.

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Utility, durability, comfort, 4.0L engine."

Cons: "Fuel mileage- 17mpg combined city/hwy."

"I scrambled @ the end of 2005 to find a certified used 2004 Grand Cherokee, with solid axles and 4.0L. I bought a Laredo 4X4 with 18000 mile and 7yr/70000 mile warranty. Didn't want anything to do with the new 2005's. Have 105000 miles on it now- superior automobile for durability. I have maintained it under severe service interval, but drive under normal conditions.I have used only synthetic fluids throughout."

LOVE this vehicle!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quality & price."

Cons: "Sound system could be a little better for my taste"

"This is the first time I have owned a Jeep, and I couldn't love it more. I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee and have no problems with it at all other than basic maintenance. The vehicle handles very well, even on wet roads. The interior is EXTREMELY comfortable! This is the only car I have ever owned that I could take a road trip in and my back not be killing me after 5-6 hours in the car. The heated leather seats are also a nice plus :). Heat gets extremely hot in the winter, I only have to run it a few minutes before I have to cut it off for a while, and the AC is nice and cool in the summer, the sound system is okay, that would be the only thing I would like to upgrade. I would highly recommend this vehicle for an affordable SUV. I also have a V8 4x4 and get about an average of 16 mpg city and 22 mpg hwy which I find quite impressive for a vehicle of this size with a V8 motor."

I love my Jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "great price, very fun to drive on and off road!"

Cons: "ABS breaks I don't really like ABS breaks."

Love my JEEP!!!

"The vehicle is very reliable and has very good functionality. I would recommend a Jeep Grand Cherokee to just about anyone. Would make a very good small family vehicle or just something fun to drive just about anywhere."

Love my JEEP!!!