1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1628 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Great "first" car for teenagers!

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Large, spacious"

Cons: "loud,"

"Though I obtained the car in 2012, the size and comfort of the vehicle allows for safe long-distance travel as well as the daily travels. The trunk of the car is extremely convenient for all necessities and I definitely plan to stick to Jeep for all future purchases."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "reliable , fun to drive"

Cons: "would be nice if had a sun roof lol"

"i love this car gets great MPG very smooth ride and other then regular maintains have nothing go wrong and i drive it up and down California."

A hard working, dependable, comfortable SUV!

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "great driving, handles well is all weather."

Cons: "no ash trays for smokers."

"I'm so proud of the service I've received from this vehicle. With proper service, it has never failed to start and go. And GO everywhere, comfortably! To the mountains, to the gulf coast and though Nevada. A Jeep is my first vehicle of choice."

Safe, reliable and comfortable

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Reliable safe and predictable drive in all weather"

Cons: "AM/FM/ cassette only. Works for me but not all."

"This 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited was my 2nd. Loved the other one so much, traded up after 4 years. Now, 16 years and 151,000 miles later, this vehicle is my go-to guy. Hit a deer last year at 67 miles/hr. There are NEVER deer on that freeway, except that one morning. The deer suffered the damage, may he RIP. No body damage or windshield damage to the Jeep, except for the plastic bug shield. I know of people who have died in accidents like this. Transmission had to be replaced about 7 years ago. ($2000 with 100,000 mile warranty) I was putting the heavy duty mountain hard driving on it about that time. Have replaced battery twice, and the starter once. Air conditioning/heating fan issue last year as well ($300). Pump for windshield washer fluid died last month. $100. That's it. Not bad in my book. A pleasure to drive. I have a V6, and it has performed perfectly in the Colorado mountains and highways. No issues on acceleration. It's a relatively quiet smooth ride, but I do have to crank up the volume on music/radio when on the highway."

It's been an awesome Jeep

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Engine, Transmission, Comfort, 4 Wheel Drive Syste"

Cons: "Electrics, Fit and Finish, Tire Wear"

"I've had my Grand for ten years now. For the first eight years it has been a joy to own minus the fuel economy, but it's an SUV with a V8, so, that's not a major contention. It's only been in the last two years of my ownership that it has finally started to let me down (discounting the fact this thing loves to eat tires and the upkeep on the front part of the 4x4 system). around the 195K mark it started to fall apart. The fit and finish has just disintegrating over the past two years, despite my valiant efforts. It requires constant maintenance it's been in and out of the shop variably making me an expert on the WJs. around the 205K mark my eletrical system went on the fritz. Three major visits to my mechanic and one to an electric specialist I'm still having an issue. I thank him constantly that he honors his warranty or I'd be in the hole 2.5K. In summary, it was a decent SUV, it had it quirks, its fit and finish was a little on the lacking side. Its electrical system on the long haul has a lot to be desired. Having said that, the engine and transmission for the most part have been a dream. If you don't mind a SUV that you can tinker around on then this one is for you."