1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1646 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Great Interior, Comfortable Ride"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee since new, and it is a great vehicle. Anyone who knows cars will tell you this 4.0L engine is "bullet-proof" and will run forever. I have had no major issues with it, just a few minor repairs and maintenance in the last 13 years!"

I've owned 20 cars and this one was the best.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "dependable, powerful (4.7 H.O) comfort."

Cons: "Mileage 15/19"

"Comfortable, fast, dependable. Never left me stranded 180,000 miles. I hated to have to sell it but wife loves the new Jeeps."

Its a great car

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Go anywhere with it"

Cons: "Chrysler needs to adress the common ticking noise"

"Love this car I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun car to drive. Only bad thing is the gas milage but if your looking at SUV's then youknow that they are not the best."

99 GC Limited

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Relieabilty, Fun To Drive, Sound System,"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Factory Breaks"

"I got this car brand new and put 235000 miles on it between 1999 and 2010. It now has 265000 and is still running strong! This car dose not get driven on a daily bases because I am saving it for my son but me and my wife drive it once and a wile. When I first got it every 10000 Miles the breaks would go. But when I got them replaced at a different place other than the Jeep dealer I had no more problems. Around 90000 the first big problem was the cooling system for the car. Then at 120000 the AC went and thats about it until A cupel of months ago where it had been sitting for a long time and I had to replace some sensors to get it to start. The build quality inside is evan good by todays standards with a soft dashboard and probably the most soft comfy leather that I have ever sat in. The V6 engine is not that powerful but sounds good and if you really put your foot down it will go. It handles better that you would expect A tall SUV with a smooth ride to and its overall really fun to drive. The sound system is great with the right amount of bass and tremble. It has SIMPLE controls that everyone understands."

got my moneys worth

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cons: "ate tires and brakes up"

"I bought this jeep brand new. besides it chewing up tires and brakes I had awesome luck with it. Looking for another one now. That jeep kept me save and my kids. I can't believe I put that many miles on it(17 miles on it when I purchased it) and it would still be still going had it not been totaled. But no one got hurt and thats all that matters"

Keeping it for the long run

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safe, Power, looks good, dependable"

"I've now owned this jeep for 3 years and have put roughly 60k miles on it. At 110k miles on it i have yet to have an issue. Simple parts have had to be replaced such as oil, u-joints, and belts and hoses but i consider that all standard maintenance. Other then that the jeep is a boss in the michigan weather and one of the most comfortable rides i've ever had the chance to experience. Lastly it has the 4.7l V8 and after driving the 4l inline 6 there is no way i'd ever go back to not having the v8. It has a lot more power to get up and go when needed and gas mileage from my understanding is slightly better then the i6. If your looking to get a used car or get a safe car for a future driver, this suv should really be considered."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Fancy"

Cons: "Bad gas milage"

"I bought my 2000 Jeep this year. It was a little beat up, but not that bad for a twelve year old car. It runs like a champ and its got more buttons and switches than my T. V. remote. I feel like I'm riding on a cloud when I take it anywhere. The leather has a few rips, but it's twelve years old. The engine has a lot of miles on it, but I can tell it has many more to go. This car is like my baby, and I'll probably keep it until its last mile."

Good Overall Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I bought my jeep used in 2002 and continue to run it to this day almost 6 years laters. This car has been a great all around car. It goes great in the winter and not so big that you have problems getting around town. I have had a few repairs done including a new rear axle and most recently a new compressor for the AC. I average around $2000 a year in repairs. Parts for repairs usually run a little more than most cars but seem to last after they are replaced. I would buy again and would suggest to a friend with no hesistation. One suggestion to anyone looking at a jeep use carbon ceramic brake pads to cut down on brake dust."

Reliable durables

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Power yes fun to drive"

Cons: "The infinity gold sound system, was never good."

"Bought new in 2000, 14 years later I've replaced the brakes, oh and the tires, lol I change the oil every 3500 and the other fluids as recommended. At this point, the best vehicle I've very owned. I'm 45 years old, I've owned a few."

best vehicle i ever bought

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "looks great, roomy, comfortable, drives amazing"

Cons: "could get a lil better gas"

"I jus recently was vehicle shopping and i wanted a 4x4 truck but hten saw this jeep and instantly fell in love with it. i bought it used right then...i had 3 mechanics go thru the vehicle and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. it is the most comfortable vehicle and drives wonderful... never been happier with a vehicle. i will definitely buy another."

Great performance on hauling and long trips

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great for hauling, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, the cup holders suck"

"My vehicle is now ten years old, with 151,000 miles on it and still purrs like a kitten. In the time that time that I have had it, I have taken it across country four times (most recent cross country trip was three months ago), hauled furniture on the top rack, hauled furniture on the interior of the vehicle, and hauled a 5x8 trailer filled to maximum capacity. I have also taken it off road through water, mud, snow, and other elements. The Jeep has GREAT performance off road and although proper tires help, even if you just have street tires the 4WD will get you out of almost any tough situation. I have only had a few minor problems, which have all been fairly easy and inexpensive to fix. More recently I have now investing a little more money into it to fix problems, but that comes from normal wear and tear due to it's age and mileage. As long as you keep the Jeep properly maintained it will last for a very long time. My only complaint is that it's a gas guzzler. If it were more fuel efficient I would've given it a 10."

Great all around urban warrior.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "great drive, reliable,"

Cons: "just some little stuff, still a great vehicle."

"I bought this vehicle used to replace my 95 F150 for something that could tow light duty, seat more people and haul around my military and camping gear. I have traveled all over with it and it has given me little to no trouble at all and I always receive compliments on it. My leather interior is still holding up great with no tears or wear spots in it. The 4x4 in this Jeep (slect Trac) is really great and this is coming from a serious off road guy that builds all sorts of vehicles. MD has a series of back to back waves of snow and I was driving around picking up my soldiers, friends and family as well as pulling people out along the way with my normal highway tires. Off road it is not a rock crawler but it will hold its own and I have been on many trips with it loaded down with gear, kayaks on the roof and here we are just blazing up trails like it was a driveway. So I bought this Jeep on Valentine's day 2006 with 70K miles now it has about 240K or more on it and this is 6 years later. I replaced much of the steering system but it was not needed except for my own maintenance and to ensure my lift kit was safe. I did upgrade the brakes to the later style which have improved braking and reduced maint. I love the 4.0l which at times (towing) can be under powered but its bullet proof and I would drive today to Alaska and back from MD in with with no worries at all. The rear suspension bushings take a beating with the lift but its worth it. I came on here to see the current value of the jeep because while I am currently deployed my GF was rear ended in it and it only messed up the rear hatch and plastic bumper. She loves the thing and we will replace the hatch and drive it until some real damage is done to it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Oh some other minor issues, lock actuators go out after a few years and make a noise but other wise its maint free."

Best Jeep ever!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, responsive steering and hugs the road."

Cons: "Don't have any"

"I bought this car new and have enjoyed every mile of it. Low maintenance, a joy and comfort to drive and be a passenger in, excellent visibility, good looking for an older model and still got plenty of pep. I could not love this car more if I'd given birth to it!!!"

Most Comfortable Vehicle I've Owned (:

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reason: Got a new car, had no space for this one :(

Pros: "Most comfortable vehicle, fun-to-drive (:"

Cons: "None (:"

"This had to be the most comfortable vehicle I'd ever own. The vehicle was comfortable to ride in, and had all the goodies (: I wish I wouldnt've sold this Jeep :("

Love My Jeep!

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

"Capable off road, comfortable, and dependable. The one down side is the fuel efficiency."

99 Grand Cherokee

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"Bought my 99 GC Limited in 05, love the truck! I do all the work on it and I have replaced a speed sensor on the trans and seals on the rear differential and transfer case. Also drivers blend door actuator is acting up now. Have done all 4 brake pads, normal wear. Hood actuators would not hold hood open, $30 at AutoZone, 15 minutes to replace. Oh ya, also oil pressure sensor was leaking, $50 and 15 minutes to replace. I don`t know what was done previously to it but it has a beautiful ride, better than some cars. Can`t understand some peoples complaint on the ride unless they have too stiff of a shock on theirs. Love the heated seats, infinity sound system is great, sunroof and of course the remote stater, live in Northwest IN and it gets COLD here. If you don`t work on your vehicles it`s going to cost some big bucks to keep it on the road, but I love mine! 4.7 liter is unbelievably fast, plenty of power when you need it. If you have a `99, watch for the leaks and get them fixed before you blow the diffs or transfer case."

Excellent SUV, handles very well, decent mpg

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and practical, rear cover,full size spare"

Cons: "Some peeling on aluminum wheels"

"Jeep has been detailed biweekly for years, garage kept for last 2 plus. All miles are long distance driving, not around town. All oil chgs since 100,000 miles have been fill synthetic. Engine is clean. Paint and interior in very good shape. Mileage decent driving long distance. All maintenance has been kept up to date. Jeep will need new tires soon after purchase; tread 4/6. Selling because decided to purchase a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee."

2002 jeep limited

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "very solid , good driving, powerful"

Cons: "stereo tinny"

"I bought this suv new in 2001. I have had to replace all four window regulators and the tweeters in the dash.I replaced the headlight assembly for cosmetic reasons. No other failures of any kind.It runs and drives as good as when new. Resale value is not good but with a trade-in value of $3500 I will drive it a few more years. I get 20 mpg on highway."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and like a tank in bad weather!"

Cons: "None other than SUV gas mileage"

"Purchased new and the only unscheduled maintence was a crank sensor going bad for $225.00. Smooth ride, quiet cabin, solid reliable engine that will literally plow through any weather conditions. I have had no major repairs as I kept up with all the maintence. Would highly recommend this vehicle as a good used SUV as long as it has not been abused. Gas mileage is not great but very reliable vehicle."

Never owned a jeep before...

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Reason: bought a new jeep

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Had several problems with the heater."

"this was my first jeep and I had it from 5,000 to 130,000. I loved it! It was quick and fun to drive. The size was perfect for hauling of looking nice. Very versitile. I only sold it because I bought a new one."

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Hold value, looks good"

Cons: "City fuel mileage horrible."

Sporty and Looks Good

"Have had the truck for a few years. Trying to sell it ONLY because I drive a ton of city miles and it is KILLING me in fuel. Other than that I love this truck. Cleans up good. Love the 4WD it goes anywhere!"

Sporty and Looks Good

Great. Value / met all our needs for over 10 years

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cons: "Low EPA mileage but the power when towing good"

"Easy to tow four wheels down/ good power when towing large boat. Goes well through snow and mud. Fun to drive. Good visibility, white analog gauges attractive, easy to read in all conditions. Grab bars make it easy for all to enter car."

great when not in the shop

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Safe, nice to drive, quality leather"

Cons: "JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket"

"this jeep has had nearly every large and small issue [possible and I have purchased it twice due to mechanical, drivetrain,(new transmission and cam shaft at 35,000 miles) air conditioning, electrical , broken seat belt latches,lifters replaced, three radiators, etc. etc. Paid it off after a few years and a divorce so I kept repairing it over and over. Now the gas is leaking all over the engine and it will be another grand.I drivehas 100,227 miles since purchased in 2001 new. Love the vehicle when its ok. Drives nice, interior super comfy,etc, BUT I AM DONE !!!!!"

My 1st Vehicle "Lauretta" and she is GREAT!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Style, comfort, interior, off-road, its a Jeep"

Cons: "Gas is eh, but what do you expect?"

After some muddy back roads

"I am the 2nd owner. I Got her in March of 2012 with 163,000 miles exactly. Running a 4.0 L. Inline 6 the miles don't mean a thing since she's running off the best motor jeep ever built! The interior was and still is spotless and the outside only had a small dent on the back hatch about the size of a silver dollar. Sure friends have cars that seem more "sporty" or "cool" but I'm the one laughing at them when they get STUCK in the snow and ice of Northern Indiana winters. And don't forget about being able to seat 5 comfortably! I have put new BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires on and it gives this "soccer mom jeep" a much more aggressive JEEP look and they are the best tires you can get with this truck with out getting a lift kit. I must admit I have had to replace pretty much EVERYTHING underneath except for the actual wheels due to the age of this vehicle, but its now the only Jeep i know that rides like a Cadillac! I have stretched out her legs a bit over the years I've had her, including 2 trips to Chicago, and one trip to Sandusky Ohio, some mudding, brutal winter of 2014. This jeep has made it through the same mud holes a 4 inch lifted wrangler no problem! Sure the water was over part of the hood but no worries! Some people say Wranglers are the only true Jeeps which are the TRUE Jeeps, but don't count this WJ out! This WJ is overall a great vehicle! She will get you there while also keeping your butt nice n' toasty!"

After some muddy back roads

THE BEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "f.UN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "CLOTH ENTERIER STAINED AND DOES NOT CLEAN UP EASY"

"I BOUGHT THIS SUV NEW. I LOVE MY JEEP. I WILL BE SELLING IT WHICH WILL BREAK MY HEART. BUT I AM BUYING ANOTHER JEEP LEATHER THIS TIME. THE HANDLING OF THIS JEEP IN THE SNOW AND RAIN IS UNBELIEVEABLE. I CAN ALWAYS GET OUT AND GO, 2 TRACKED IN IT IS GREAT VERY COMFORTIBLE RIDE. WE NEVER WORRIED ABOUT MAINTENCE BECAUSE THE ON BOARD COMPUTER ALWAYS LET US KNOW.I LIVE IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN LOTS OF SNOW. I HAVE A HARD TIME PUTTING INTO WORDS ALL THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY JEEP."