1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

7.9

Based on 1592 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

excellent vehicle, garage kept, paint finish excl.

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "excellent transportation"

Cons: "driver seat needs mechnical repair"

"Except for the drivers seat issue, the vehicle is very good."

Cadillac of 4 wheel Jeeps

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "4 Wheel drive and comfort"

Cons: "MPG is between 15 and 20."

"This is the best overall 4 wheel luxury vehicle. It is fully loaded with comfort. I use it in Western New York where the running joke is: we have 9 months of winter. This Jeep handles the snow with no problem, giving complete comfort and safety."

Has been a solid dependable SUV for 12 years

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "solid dependable"

Cons: "rides high making it not as nimble in handling"

"This Jeep is very solid. over the years it continued to remain tight and did not loosen. It performed very well in our tough winters even after years of operations. The maintenance has been standard."

I finally have a Jeep I can call mine!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "4.0 straight-six, 4WD system, affordable price"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought my '99 4.0 WJ this past November with 172k. I only paid $2000 for it! I do a lot of driving between going to school full time (I commute 4 days/week) and work 3-5 days/week and it has always run strong. It has had some small issues, but nothing that has affected the way it runs & drives. I have always wanted my own Jeep and now I have one! Mom got her first Jeep when I was in preschool, and I've been hooked ever since. I plan on keeping this one until it falls apart, and I plan on getting another Jeep when that happens!"

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!"

Cons: "That I can't replace it with another brand new!"

"I purchased this car new in 2002 (V-8). It has easily been the most reliable car I have ever owned, with the only repairs ever having been made in the past 12 years that I have owned it being the front driver and passenger window regulators. They must have been made cheaply or faulty, but the replacement ones have been working fine for years now. Literally, other than regular maintenance items like brakes, tires and 1 battery, this car has not needed any other repairs. I owned a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country before this one, and that was a great car also. I had been a little hesitant about purchasing the 2002 as I had heard Grand Cherokee reliability can be a little sketchy, but when I took it for a test drive I felt it was a great car. I had only owned it for 2 weeks and went to see my hairdresser, and he stated that he had purchased one as well, but that it had all kinds of problems with it, and he returned it and exchanged it for another one, and it was a lemon also. When I asked him what kind of problems, he stated "everything". I was a little worried that mine would be like that too, but mine has been the most awesome car! I normally wouldn't keep a car for over 12 years, but I've loved this car so much I haven't wanted to part with it. I've been thinking about getting a new car, and would like to purchase the 2014 Grand Cherokee, but the reviews I have been reading are not very good."

NEVER AGAIN!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Reason: worst car I have ever owned

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "2 many to list.."

"This car had 50000 miles on it when I got it . after it hit 70,000 its like pandoras box opened. from the tranny to the brakes rotors pulsing and there not even a year old to the engine shutting off the dash mixer for the ac broke thousands of $ shoved in it and the list is much to long to list everything I will never buy another Jeep as long as i live!"

Very strong vehicle

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Great in winter snow"

Cons: "Expensive on fuel"

"Vehicle is strong , how ever servicing is needed to maintain proper running condition."

good value-was $2000 less than KBB

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "good handling-nice leather interior-fun to drive-"

Cons: "wind noise-"

"just minor problems but easily fixed. gas mileage is 16 city and 21 highway with v-8. handles quite well and is fun to drive. will be interesting this winter with all-wheel drive but feel good because my son will be driving back and forth to college.bought this 4 months ago with 77,000 miles."

Overall unbelieveable reliability, convenience.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "It had all the options we needed and wanted."

Cons: "Gas mileage was not great, but worth it."

"Our previous six vehicles were Honda Accords; we had bought our daughter a Honda Civic and a Honda Odyssey, so we were "Honda people" because of the quality and reliability. However, my wife wanted to try something different, so I test drove the brand new 2004 Jeep with the V-6 engine and was instantly very impressed to the point that we bought the Jeep, in part because of the engine performance, but also the look, the quality, and just overall impression. It was possibly our best vehicle buy ever. The Jeep has been everything we could have wanted in a vehicle! We have been totally pleased with this car. We have, from day one, gotten many, many compliments on the Jeep, with one friend, every few months that we saw him, for years, would comment "Did you get a new car?" It is a beautiful vehicle, it has been totally reliable, and I intend to buy another Jeep soon."

Great SUV, lots of power, very safe, AWD

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, safety"

"Seats are so comfortable in the Overland that my friend bought a newer model just for the seats(not as comfortable as mine)! This Jeep has loads of power and will go anywhere with AWD. I have towed my jeep wrangler through the mountains, in the snow, and down dirt roads with no issues. My wife loves the Jeep. it's the best vehicle we have ever owned!"