1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 899 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I purchased this '95 Grand Cherokee Limited for my wife to replace her sick Toyota Camry. I found myself wanting one for myself. We have gone everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) in this great vehicle including mountain tops and driving on the beaches at the Outer Banks. This is the an excellent vehicle. Easy to maintain, very, very comfortable. It currently has almost 200k on it and still runs and drive like the day we purchased it. Sadly it is time to upgrade. We really need a pickup truck and with todays dual purpose truck, with 4 doors for family it makes sense now. I expected the value to be at the bottom for my Grand Cherokee because of the miles. I was surprise at how well it held it's value. I should have no problem selling this excellent vehicle."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I bought this Jeep when it had 65K and it now has 180K with no problems. The engine runs a little rough compared to my 2000 Jeep, but it is extremely reliable, and fun to drive. I used it from hauling to off road driving and it proved to be a very rugged and reliable vehicle."

Dependable

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Over 235,000 mi without and single breakdown. It just keeps goin. We have a driveway full of jeeps: another '96 Grand with 180000+ mi, and a wrangler with 200000+ mi, then mine. They also go everywhere on or off the road; the offroad performance is unbelievable for a stock vehicle. They are also pretty fast for an SUV and are really simple to work on. Good towing due to torque and minimal blind spots. The 4.OL inline six is simply a great engine"

one of the best trucks ever built

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, built like a tank, 40. best engine"

Cons: "no rear power outlets"

"This truck is built like a tank will take anything you can throw at it, strong,dependable wont give up, 4.0L L6 engine is pretty much bullet proof, very spacious wont give it up for any thing just ask any one who has one they tell you"

Ye Ole JEEP

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Strong motor. great price"

Cons: "Could roll over."

"Good vehicle for the price. I've had mine for about 2 years now, nothing major just standard maintenance. I drive the car 120 miles round trip to work 5 times a week. JEEPS ARE GREAT!"