1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 885 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Solid Car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Jeep Ruggedness, early Lexus luxury"

Cons: "Poor planning on door panels"

"Great little SUV goes from point A to B no problem and hasn't let me down yet! Very mechanically sound with the I-6 4.0 liter motor kind of a shame it's only available with an automatic. Interior design lacks a bit with some of the faux leather door paneling coming off but starts every time with no problems on 100 degree days down to -25. Even pushes through snow like a champ. Just an all around good car."

Best Jeep out there

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "Low Cost Maintenance, Very Reliable"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I bought this car when I was 16, I am now 24, and have been driving it ever since. Low maintenance, never made any major repairs on the motor. I spent about 700 dollars last year, on the a/c and other items, but that is all that I have spent over the life of the vehicle. I highly recommend this model Jeep."

cant beat a jeep for the money

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Aside from the initial depreciation when purchased new, the value that the grand cherokee limited offers is hard to beat. It has 4wd, v8 performance, tow package, and every imaginable creature comfort you could desire. American made, extremely reliable when maintained properly, and still stylish after several years of service. Most service issues are very affordable to repair if need be and Diamler Chrysler is very easy to work with on warranty issues. The only weak link I have found after owning 3 of these jeeps is the transmission, but it can also be rebuilt cheaply enough and provide many more years of enjoyment. I don't believe that I would ever pay sticker price for a new Grand Cherokee simply because of the depreciation but if you find one that is a year or two old with low miles, the value is unbeatable! I'm sold on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited!"

one of the best trucks ever built

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, built like a tank, 40. best engine"

Cons: "no rear power outlets"

"This truck is built like a tank will take anything you can throw at it, strong,dependable wont give up, 4.0L L6 engine is pretty much bullet proof, very spacious wont give it up for any thing just ask any one who has one they tell you"

Robust little 4.0L!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "capability, interior, looks, power, upgradability"

Cons: "gas mileage, age, on road handling"

Just after a wash.

"I got my Jeep to replace my Subaru. I needed more hauling room and offroad prowess, both of which are plentiful with this Jeep. I have had the chance to upgrade anything yet, but it is capable enough to make it through a driver side window deep puddle without mud tires, and only in 4wd fulltime! If that isn't awesome then idk what is. The suspension is stiff so on road driving can be somewhat ruff on bad roads, but it makes up for this elsewhere. The selectrac 4wd is awesome because of the choice of drive types you have to choose from, and the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had. Cargo room is excellent with folding seats, but expect to have a few minor problems with quality being that they were built 15+ years ago and are aging. All in all, this car has become my baby, and I am likely to keep it until it breathes its last breath."

Just after a wash.