1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 893 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Reliable, Practical, Durable, Good Value!

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Based on the experience I have had with my 1996 5.2l V8 4wd and a 1998 4.0l 6cyl 2wd Grand Cheroke's, both purchased new and each now with over 150k miles under their belts. I have nothing but praise for these vehicles, as they continue to serve my family daily and have proven to be very dependable, reliable, functional, and low maintence vehicles. Compared to any of the 20+ various make and model vehicles I have owned over the last 20 yrs these two Jeeps have offered me the best "Bang for the Buck" by a long shot!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I purchased this '95 Grand Cherokee Limited for my wife to replace her sick Toyota Camry. I found myself wanting one for myself. We have gone everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) in this great vehicle including mountain tops and driving on the beaches at the Outer Banks. This is the an excellent vehicle. Easy to maintain, very, very comfortable. It currently has almost 200k on it and still runs and drive like the day we purchased it. Sadly it is time to upgrade. We really need a pickup truck and with todays dual purpose truck, with 4 doors for family it makes sense now. I expected the value to be at the bottom for my Grand Cherokee because of the miles. I was surprise at how well it held it's value. I should have no problem selling this excellent vehicle."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I bought this Jeep when it had 65K and it now has 180K with no problems. The engine runs a little rough compared to my 2000 Jeep, but it is extremely reliable, and fun to drive. I used it from hauling to off road driving and it proved to be a very rugged and reliable vehicle."

Dependable

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Over 235,000 mi without and single breakdown. It just keeps goin. We have a driveway full of jeeps: another '96 Grand with 180000+ mi, and a wrangler with 200000+ mi, then mine. They also go everywhere on or off the road; the offroad performance is unbelievable for a stock vehicle. They are also pretty fast for an SUV and are really simple to work on. Good towing due to torque and minimal blind spots. The 4.OL inline six is simply a great engine"

Best Vehicle i have ever owned

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "All wheel drive is great in the winter"

Cons: "N\A"

"I bought my jeep with 60000 miles on it for $4200 in 2005. It has been everywhere and done everything and never left me on the side of the road. It has the original motor and trans. The only maintenance i have had to do is brakes and oil changes ( i had to replace the rocker panels because of michigan rust. It has been used on and off road for the past 8 years and has been wonderful the whole time."