1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 890 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

cant beat a jeep for the money

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Aside from the initial depreciation when purchased new, the value that the grand cherokee limited offers is hard to beat. It has 4wd, v8 performance, tow package, and every imaginable creature comfort you could desire. American made, extremely reliable when maintained properly, and still stylish after several years of service. Most service issues are very affordable to repair if need be and Diamler Chrysler is very easy to work with on warranty issues. The only weak link I have found after owning 3 of these jeeps is the transmission, but it can also be rebuilt cheaply enough and provide many more years of enjoyment. I don't believe that I would ever pay sticker price for a new Grand Cherokee simply because of the depreciation but if you find one that is a year or two old with low miles, the value is unbeatable! I'm sold on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited!"

Very Versatile

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Versatile, reliable over 20 years, fun to own"

Cons: "Gas mileage not so good"

"Very versatile and enjoyable to own. Overall, very reliable. There can be be cost problem in replacing original parts. But so far so good and I am keeping the car until this becomes a problem. I bought the car 20 years ago, when there was not as much choice in the SUV market as there is now. But it has proved to be an unexpected pleasure and I am glad I went with it as opposed to, for example, a Range Rover, which was reportedly under-powered and unreliable at the time, or the to me cumbersome Toyota Cruiser."

one of the best trucks ever built

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, built like a tank, 40. best engine"

Cons: "no rear power outlets"

"This truck is built like a tank will take anything you can throw at it, strong,dependable wont give up, 4.0L L6 engine is pretty much bullet proof, very spacious wont give it up for any thing just ask any one who has one they tell you"

Robust little 4.0L!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "capability, interior, looks, power, upgradability"

Cons: "gas mileage, age, on road handling"

Just after a wash.

"I got my Jeep to replace my Subaru. I needed more hauling room and offroad prowess, both of which are plentiful with this Jeep. I have had the chance to upgrade anything yet, but it is capable enough to make it through a driver side window deep puddle without mud tires, and only in 4wd fulltime! If that isn't awesome then idk what is. The suspension is stiff so on road driving can be somewhat ruff on bad roads, but it makes up for this elsewhere. The selectrac 4wd is awesome because of the choice of drive types you have to choose from, and the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had. Cargo room is excellent with folding seats, but expect to have a few minor problems with quality being that they were built 15+ years ago and are aging. All in all, this car has become my baby, and I am likely to keep it until it breathes its last breath."

Just after a wash.

Ye Ole JEEP

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Strong motor. great price"

Cons: "Could roll over."

"Good vehicle for the price. I've had mine for about 2 years now, nothing major just standard maintenance. I drive the car 120 miles round trip to work 5 times a week. JEEPS ARE GREAT!"