1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 890 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

I LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, powerful, good MPG"

Will drive over anything!

"Bought this Jeep with 190000 miles now it has 245000 and it still runs amazing. The 4.0 inline 6 is i think the best motor ever built. This Jeep is smooth and quiet but then does very good off road as well. I will never buy a different kind of car! Gets good gas mileage as well 24hwy/17city"

Will drive over anything!

316,000 miles and still rolling!!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have owned it for about three years and I've never had a problem with it..I've been able to go on trails that even the toughest 4 wheel drives couldn't conquer. 316k and I get about 23 MPG HWY with the 4.0L I6. Has every power option I could need and even with those high miles, I never worry if it's gonna start...It always has...My next vehicle will definaetly be a grand cherokee. Perfect size, not too big...not too small!"

A GREAT SUV if u keep it up

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "good car if u keep the maintenance up on it"

Cons: "All Cherokees are over price in my opinion"

"My Jeep is 18 yrs old and i love it. All in all it is a great car. Don't know about the new Grand Cherokee Jeeps but this model and year has been great. No engine or Transmission trouble in 18 yrs. loved it."

In the Family since She was New

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"We purchased this SUV in the fall of 1993. In my 50 plus years of driving everything from Volkswagon Bugs to vintage Corvettes, this vehicle has been a pleasant member of our family. With the tow package and interior space we have had the best of both worlds. A family "car," considered small to todays massive SUV's and a truck for moving just about anything. Best purchase of vehicle I have ever made."

still lovin' it!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Bought it used 7 years ago with 94500 miles on it! It now has 198452 miles on it! Love it still! never any major problems until a few days ago (tranfer case problems) But with that many miles it was bound to happen! My husband wants to junk it. NEVER!!!! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! Still starts up like a new one and engine is strong as ever! I love everything about it! Style, stereo, interior, power, and I can go off road for some fun! Just the right size for baseball car pooling, grocery shopping, or a day at the lake! I'll just pay whatever to get this one fixed I can't see me driving anything else!"