1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 885 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Early Grand Cherokee is best!

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"The 1993 -1998 Grand Cherokee is by far better than the later models. Parts and Repairs are much lower cost on the early models, compaired to the 1999-2007 models."

I LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, powerful, good MPG"

Will drive over anything!

"Bought this Jeep with 190000 miles now it has 245000 and it still runs amazing. The 4.0 inline 6 is i think the best motor ever built. This Jeep is smooth and quiet but then does very good off road as well. I will never buy a different kind of car! Gets good gas mileage as well 24hwy/17city"

Will drive over anything!

316,000 miles and still rolling!!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have owned it for about three years and I've never had a problem with it..I've been able to go on trails that even the toughest 4 wheel drives couldn't conquer. 316k and I get about 23 MPG HWY with the 4.0L I6. Has every power option I could need and even with those high miles, I never worry if it's gonna start...It always has...My next vehicle will definaetly be a grand cherokee. Perfect size, not too big...not too small!"

A GREAT SUV if u keep it up

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "good car if u keep the maintenance up on it"

Cons: "All Cherokees are over price in my opinion"

"My Jeep is 18 yrs old and i love it. All in all it is a great car. Don't know about the new Grand Cherokee Jeeps but this model and year has been great. No engine or Transmission trouble in 18 yrs. loved it."

In the Family since She was New

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"We purchased this SUV in the fall of 1993. In my 50 plus years of driving everything from Volkswagon Bugs to vintage Corvettes, this vehicle has been a pleasant member of our family. With the tow package and interior space we have had the best of both worlds. A family "car," considered small to todays massive SUV's and a truck for moving just about anything. Best purchase of vehicle I have ever made."

still lovin' it!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Bought it used 7 years ago with 94500 miles on it! It now has 198452 miles on it! Love it still! never any major problems until a few days ago (tranfer case problems) But with that many miles it was bound to happen! My husband wants to junk it. NEVER!!!! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! Still starts up like a new one and engine is strong as ever! I love everything about it! Style, stereo, interior, power, and I can go off road for some fun! Just the right size for baseball car pooling, grocery shopping, or a day at the lake! I'll just pay whatever to get this one fixed I can't see me driving anything else!"

Some may wonder....

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "multi talented"

Cons: "interior passenger room"

"I put all 10's because it's one of the best auto's I've ever owned. I'm the third owner of my Jeep, it is originally from Florida. Second owner only had it for three months to drive from Florida leaving school. I haven't had any problems at all. I've only had to change the radiator and the normal oil change as well as breaks. I have a 5.2L V8 Limited, because of the leather it's very comfortable. At 6'1, i've had larger trucks, but I fit right (don't know bout those who sit behind me though) Most folks would think it guzzles gas, but I drive alot and it doesn't burn gas, well i keep my tires inflated correctly, tuned up and change to a K&N Air Filter."

1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought mine in 2003. She has a straight 6, Selec-Trac 4x4, power locks and windows etc. I'm the third owner, second guy was the brother of the owner of a dealership. These Jeeps last as long as you take care of them. I've put in nothing more than basic maintenance like the manual recommends and nothing has been a major problem that shouldn't be expected for the wear and tear I've put on the vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle only if they have been taken care of and you're willing to do the basic service on it. There are a lot of these in my area I can see have been abused, and people are usually shocked when I tell them she is a '95 for the condition she is in. Hope this helps."

I love my Jeep

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"I bought my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSI used with about 53000 miles from CarMax. 4 years later I have 83000 miles on my Jeep and have not had any problems, only paying for normal maintenance on the car outside of what I cannot do myself. In this day and age, the only downside is fuel consumption as I only get about 15 mpg, but since I only use my Jeep to get to the train and to run errands, its not too bad. The thing that still amazes me is how quietly my Jeep runs, how dependable it is in the winter and living in Chicago the 4WD is icing on the cake. The vehicle is extremely comfortable and with fold down/removable seats, very flexible. I wouldn't recommend this Jeep for a family just starting out, but if you are single or have moved beyond the young kids stage, its a great buy."

Great Vehicle for a New Driver

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, logical controls, easy to repair"

Cons: "Could be quieter inside, handling's a bit rough"

My Jeep (:

"I bought my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD in February of 2012 (this year). It is my first car. It is one awesome vehicle, it drives nice, is pretty quiet (could be a bit quieter), and has all the technical features (a trip computer, compass and outside temperature gauge, power everything, and an advanced computer system). It starts up every time and I put a custom stereo system into it. Inside, all of the controls are logically-placed and are easy to control from the driver's seat. The 5.2L V8 sips fuel, and has plenty of pickup on the highway. It is comfortable and its looks are iconic. Nothing beats a Jeep, and it will go anywhere, and do anything, just like they said (:"

My Jeep (: