1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 893 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought mine in 2003. She has a straight 6, Selec-Trac 4x4, power locks and windows etc. I'm the third owner, second guy was the brother of the owner of a dealership. These Jeeps last as long as you take care of them. I've put in nothing more than basic maintenance like the manual recommends and nothing has been a major problem that shouldn't be expected for the wear and tear I've put on the vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle only if they have been taken care of and you're willing to do the basic service on it. There are a lot of these in my area I can see have been abused, and people are usually shocked when I tell them she is a '95 for the condition she is in. Hope this helps."

cant beat a jeep for the money

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Aside from the initial depreciation when purchased new, the value that the grand cherokee limited offers is hard to beat. It has 4wd, v8 performance, tow package, and every imaginable creature comfort you could desire. American made, extremely reliable when maintained properly, and still stylish after several years of service. Most service issues are very affordable to repair if need be and Diamler Chrysler is very easy to work with on warranty issues. The only weak link I have found after owning 3 of these jeeps is the transmission, but it can also be rebuilt cheaply enough and provide many more years of enjoyment. I don't believe that I would ever pay sticker price for a new Grand Cherokee simply because of the depreciation but if you find one that is a year or two old with low miles, the value is unbeatable! I'm sold on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited!"

Robust little 4.0L!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "capability, interior, looks, power, upgradability"

Cons: "gas mileage, age, on road handling"

Just after a wash.

"I got my Jeep to replace my Subaru. I needed more hauling room and offroad prowess, both of which are plentiful with this Jeep. I have had the chance to upgrade anything yet, but it is capable enough to make it through a driver side window deep puddle without mud tires, and only in 4wd fulltime! If that isn't awesome then idk what is. The suspension is stiff so on road driving can be somewhat ruff on bad roads, but it makes up for this elsewhere. The selectrac 4wd is awesome because of the choice of drive types you have to choose from, and the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had. Cargo room is excellent with folding seats, but expect to have a few minor problems with quality being that they were built 15+ years ago and are aging. All in all, this car has become my baby, and I am likely to keep it until it breathes its last breath."

Just after a wash.

BOB, the Burro, is a beloved member of our family!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Best value for original price that I've ever had!"

Cons: "Gettin' a bit harder to find replacement parts."

Bob the Burro with small bird friend

"BOB (Beast of Burden), the "Burro", is a grey, '93, Jeep Grand Cherokee with character, tenacity, courage and a spunky sense of humor. He's his owner's alter-ego, doing and saying things too outrageous for a mere human. Bought new, Bob's crossed the American Midwest countless times in all kind of weather, endured many blizzards and rock falls in the Intermountain West, and overcome southern Louisiana roads and trails after Hurricane Katrina. He spent a few years in Indiana and now lives in Allegheny Co. PA; looking forward to icey, snowy winter hills. We expect Bob the Burro to continue performing and bragging for years and miles more. You can call him "donkey", too, but please avoid that other word....it upsets him! His best feature, after that durable 6 cyl. engine, is his quadratrac 4wd system! I can't break it! He takes his time, but climbs every hill presented and wades water like a turtle. Duct Tape, hose clamps, coat-hangers (brass ones) and a Leatherman Tool fix most temporary problems. In his latest years he uses a guart of 10-30 Synthetic oil about every 3,000 mi. Maybe it's time for 1st replacement gaskets? A little rust has locked his left back seat in upright position and his body seals are shot so he leaks a lot...but, we'll fix that soon. I only wish he weren't so attractive as to attract people who park close and slam their doors into his sides. He's got a lot of little vertical dents! He's wearing 1.5 in. bumper armor, but still his lights are a little out of line from love-taps. Ya' couldn't tell to look at him, though. He shines up like nearly new. HE loves to tell BMW's, Audi's and Porches' his off road adventure stories. When he parks near a H-2, H-3, or other poser he asks, "Been anywhere interesting lately"...then he listens as they tell him about the mud at the soccer field parking lot, or the gravel road at the park. He responds with a tale of Targee Pass in January, or some uncharted bayou trail down south. Bob and I hope you find one of his automotive kind someday and love each other 'till you're both yard art!"

Bob the Burro with small bird friend

one of the best trucks ever built

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, built like a tank, 40. best engine"

Cons: "no rear power outlets"

"This truck is built like a tank will take anything you can throw at it, strong,dependable wont give up, 4.0L L6 engine is pretty much bullet proof, very spacious wont give it up for any thing just ask any one who has one they tell you"