1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 899 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Best Vehicle i have ever owned

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "All wheel drive is great in the winter"

Cons: "N\A"

"I bought my jeep with 60000 miles on it for $4200 in 2005. It has been everywhere and done everything and never left me on the side of the road. It has the original motor and trans. The only maintenance i have had to do is brakes and oil changes ( i had to replace the rocker panels because of michigan rust. It has been used on and off road for the past 8 years and has been wonderful the whole time."

Amazing Value

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Value"

"Greatest car I have ever owned. Had this car for 11 years with very minimal issues, 220000 miles on her and going strong!"

Saved my Family

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I bought this car in Dec 09 used w/ 170000. I had some minor problems wrong w/ it but ran great and got me around town. I totaled it 3 wks ago. I had a bad accident and flipped it 6xs I wasn't buckled but my two little ones were. This vehicle saved my babies lives and held up.My kids didn't have one scratch on them and neither did I. It was a miracle. It is has a solid body and worth it. I would buy another one but too many scary memories from the wreck when i see these cars. I hope this review helps someone buy this reliable car and have peace of mind that ur family is safe."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"This vehicle is about to break 200000 miles and will still start without hesitation in the -30 degree mornings in January. The transmission also seems to have no problems after all those miles. Although i prefer wranglers as an off road car the Grand Cherokee is more than capable off road but is much more realistic as a daily driver. For example if you accidentally drive it into a ditch (which i have more than once) all you have to do to get out is put it in reverse and push the gas. Here is the repair list on the car for the last twelve years. (part cost only i do my own mechanical work. Maintenance not included) New CV joint..........$90 Front drive shaft....$200 Ignition Coil..........$20 Fuel pump............$50 Viscous Coupler.....$300 (Optional repair reduces tire wear) In my view this is pretty modest for a car this old and heavily driven."

Wouldn't trade it

By on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, good pricing on used, go anywhere,"

Cons: "Getting a little noisy inside(door seals)"

"I'll drive this thing until the wheel fall off.....it goes anywhere I need it to, and probably some places I shouldn't go. Yes, it's an older vehicle, but overall it's comfortable and pretty reliable, the fact that it's 18 years old not withstanding.... Sure, stuff breaks, but it's pretty user friendly to fix. I got this one to replace my old one which was totaled in an accident, my daughter and I walked away without a scratch, which impressed me. Hence the reason I own another"