1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 890 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Some may wonder....

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "multi talented"

Cons: "interior passenger room"

"I put all 10's because it's one of the best auto's I've ever owned. I'm the third owner of my Jeep, it is originally from Florida. Second owner only had it for three months to drive from Florida leaving school. I haven't had any problems at all. I've only had to change the radiator and the normal oil change as well as breaks. I have a 5.2L V8 Limited, because of the leather it's very comfortable. At 6'1, i've had larger trucks, but I fit right (don't know bout those who sit behind me though) Most folks would think it guzzles gas, but I drive alot and it doesn't burn gas, well i keep my tires inflated correctly, tuned up and change to a K&N Air Filter."

1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought mine in 2003. She has a straight 6, Selec-Trac 4x4, power locks and windows etc. I'm the third owner, second guy was the brother of the owner of a dealership. These Jeeps last as long as you take care of them. I've put in nothing more than basic maintenance like the manual recommends and nothing has been a major problem that shouldn't be expected for the wear and tear I've put on the vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle only if they have been taken care of and you're willing to do the basic service on it. There are a lot of these in my area I can see have been abused, and people are usually shocked when I tell them she is a '95 for the condition she is in. Hope this helps."

I love my Jeep

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"I bought my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSI used with about 53000 miles from CarMax. 4 years later I have 83000 miles on my Jeep and have not had any problems, only paying for normal maintenance on the car outside of what I cannot do myself. In this day and age, the only downside is fuel consumption as I only get about 15 mpg, but since I only use my Jeep to get to the train and to run errands, its not too bad. The thing that still amazes me is how quietly my Jeep runs, how dependable it is in the winter and living in Chicago the 4WD is icing on the cake. The vehicle is extremely comfortable and with fold down/removable seats, very flexible. I wouldn't recommend this Jeep for a family just starting out, but if you are single or have moved beyond the young kids stage, its a great buy."

Solid Car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Jeep Ruggedness, early Lexus luxury"

Cons: "Poor planning on door panels"

"Great little SUV goes from point A to B no problem and hasn't let me down yet! Very mechanically sound with the I-6 4.0 liter motor kind of a shame it's only available with an automatic. Interior design lacks a bit with some of the faux leather door paneling coming off but starts every time with no problems on 100 degree days down to -25. Even pushes through snow like a champ. Just an all around good car."

Best Jeep out there

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "Low Cost Maintenance, Very Reliable"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I bought this car when I was 16, I am now 24, and have been driving it ever since. Low maintenance, never made any major repairs on the motor. I spent about 700 dollars last year, on the a/c and other items, but that is all that I have spent over the life of the vehicle. I highly recommend this model Jeep."