1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 884 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Great auto

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

"Drives good"

great for the family tons of storage

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "great 4x4 abilitiys"

Cons: "stuck in a all wheel drive and really bad on gas"

"its great for everyone from the explorer to the family guy. super comfortable allows for the relaxing long distance drives and the 4x4 capabilities have gotten me more places then people with mild builds get. do not buy it for fuel economy, this is the safest thing that you can put the wife and kids into and now worry about anything. snow mudd sand everything is no match for this beast of a v8"

Very Versatile

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Versatile, reliable over 20 years, fun to own"

Cons: "Gas mileage not so good"

"Very versatile and enjoyable to own. Overall, very reliable. There can be be cost problem in replacing original parts. But so far so good and I am keeping the car until this becomes a problem. I bought the car 20 years ago, when there was not as much choice in the SUV market as there is now. But it has proved to be an unexpected pleasure and I am glad I went with it as opposed to, for example, a Range Rover, which was reportedly under-powered and unreliable at the time, or the to me cumbersome Toyota Cruiser."

Awesome vehicle especially for college student's f

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

"Great utilitarian vehicle - we will buy another."

Great vehicle to own, very reliable.

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

"I bought a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo, v8 5.2 liter in 2009, with 95000 miles on it. Here in 2015 I still own her and with 165000 on it, I can exclaim it's true reliability as my first vehicle. In conclusion, I would recommend this vehicle, as my experiences with it have proven it a very safe reliable machine."

A very good design.

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Cheap and easy to repair, Truck-like suspension"

Cons: "The annoying computer"

"I bought the 1995 grand cherokee used in 1999 for $5400 with 104k miles on it. It's transportation has helped me obtain two degrees. I've used it to deliver pizza. I started using Mobil 1 full syth and 93 premium octane and it pops so smothly and effortlessly with the 318 mpi. People give it alot of flack becuase of the gas milage but it has a truck like suspenion that can handle pot holes and road deformities nicely. If driven properly and maintained properly it can get the same mpg as a large sadan. The V8 is effecient becuase it rarly needs to go over 2k rpm. With the low end torque you only need to press the gas just a couple MMs to get up to speed. I've been in 2 non major wrecks with it (no body damage just the plastic bumper) and it still runs great. I've only changed the power sterring pump and water pump. Paint is comming off the roof but other than that no problem. I like that the rear view mirror as an awesome electronic dimmer. The computer infront of the shifter stopped working after a buffet from a 6 D battery mag light(not a bad thing because it would beep annoyingly). I now have 225k miles on it (as of 1/11/2015) and if the tranny or engine gives out I'll just have to replace them because this jeep is and extension of my body."

Best I've ever owned, bar none!

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and great turning ratio."

Cons: "ashtray was hard to get to (where I kept spare cha"

"I've driven this Jeep for 20 years and it has never let me down. I have over 217,000 miles on it and have changed the oil at regular intervals, as recommended. All cars have issues from time to time, but this one never gave me any problems that wouldn't have been expected as it aged. When they came up, I was lucky enough to be able to take her to the same mechanic also for 20 years. There has never been a problem with this vehicle that wasn't expected due to normal use, and I never let anything (odd sounds, or noises, etc.) go hoping they would go away. Basically, what I'm saying is that it is a very solid model Jeep from that year and I would not hesitate to recommend buying one if you could know it was taken care of and have a mechanic you trust check it out beforehand."

best vehicle ever for icy and snow condition

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "secure drive on any terrain in any weather"

Cons: "not for in town drive"

"excellent all terrain vehicle"

Absolutely the safest car money will buy.

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Luxury, Safety, Reliability, Fun"

There is no substitute!

"I'm driving the 2nd 1996 GC that Ive owned; the 1st was destroyed in a roll-over accident on a rural interstate. The cause of that accident was a rear tire blow-out of a defective BFG all terrain tire. Although the combination ABS and AWD hampered maintaining control, I was able to reduce the speed of 75 MPH to approximately 20 MPH before sliding off road and rolling. There was not an exterior panel that was untouched and to look at the vehicle you would surely think a fatality occurred; however, I did not get a scratch. the Jeep took it all. I'm driving my 2nd GC last Tuesday with my 8 y/o son when another car slammed into the rear of the Jeep, and another slammed into that car. My son asked, "what was that Dad?" From the cabin of the Jeep it barely felt like a speed bump, the other cars did not fare so well.The driver of the first car to hit had to be hauled away on a back board the other driver was a bit shaken. The Jeep suffered damage but is still drivable awaiting insurance adjusters to conclude their waiting game. If you want to survive the texters, the road ragers, the make-up applicators, and the idiots with whom you must share the pavement, buy a Jeep. Period. Happy trails and rubber side up. Draper"

There is no substitute!

I finally got one. wanted one for a long time.

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "comfort, reliable"

Cons: "full time foru wheel, no way to put in two wheel."

"I've wanted one for a long time. I really enjoy it. Very comfortable ride. The only problem I have is that it is in four wheel drive ALL the time which is the QUADRA TRAC. I wish I could take it out of four wheel. I get from 15 to 18 MPG (city & highway) plus or minus."