1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 903 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Saved my Family

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I bought this car in Dec 09 used w/ 170000. I had some minor problems wrong w/ it but ran great and got me around town. I totaled it 3 wks ago. I had a bad accident and flipped it 6xs I wasn't buckled but my two little ones were. This vehicle saved my babies lives and held up.My kids didn't have one scratch on them and neither did I. It was a miracle. It is has a solid body and worth it. I would buy another one but too many scary memories from the wreck when i see these cars. I hope this review helps someone buy this reliable car and have peace of mind that ur family is safe."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"This vehicle is about to break 200000 miles and will still start without hesitation in the -30 degree mornings in January. The transmission also seems to have no problems after all those miles. Although i prefer wranglers as an off road car the Grand Cherokee is more than capable off road but is much more realistic as a daily driver. For example if you accidentally drive it into a ditch (which i have more than once) all you have to do to get out is put it in reverse and push the gas. Here is the repair list on the car for the last twelve years. (part cost only i do my own mechanical work. Maintenance not included) New CV joint..........$90 Front drive shaft....$200 Ignition Coil..........$20 Fuel pump............$50 Viscous Coupler.....$300 (Optional repair reduces tire wear) In my view this is pretty modest for a car this old and heavily driven."

360,000 miles and still running great!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "4x4 and towing. Tows boats and small trailors!"

"I've had this for 7 yrs. I am the second owner. We have never had to change the transmission or engine. I have a brand new GMC yukon and I still love driving my Jeep. It's so comfortable and to be outdated it has many features that were ahead of its time. Regular maintenance and oil changes are a necessity! It does help that we have an awesomea and inexpensive mechanic."

1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo 4.0L

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Own 2! The best car and best value I have ever owned. For the price you can not beat this car. 4.0L 6 cyl Engine has good power and very reliable. Parts are cheap and car is easy to work on. Tune up only took 30 mins, Disk brakes easy and cheap, oil change easy. Very comfortable and roomy. decent gas milage on the highway(21-26 mpg), however does suck up gas city driving. Only thing you have to watch is the door hinge's, make sure you give them a squirt of oil(wd-40) to prevent the hinge from sticking and crushing the bushings which makes the door sag and is a pain to replace. This is easily the best value out there for what you are getting. 4 wheel drive is great, interior styling is very nice. For $3k you get a reliable SUV that will last for years, is fun to drive and is very nice inside and out!"

all the comfort and style

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"great family vehicle for every day use and rode trips it has lots of room, also great for camping. It is well laid out and comfortable to drive or be a passenger. It has met all my expectations in performance and style. Bottom line is I love the Jeep Grand Cherokee and cant wait till I by another Brand new one."