1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 885 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Dependable

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"This vehicle is about to break 200000 miles and will still start without hesitation in the -30 degree mornings in January. The transmission also seems to have no problems after all those miles. Although i prefer wranglers as an off road car the Grand Cherokee is more than capable off road but is much more realistic as a daily driver. For example if you accidentally drive it into a ditch (which i have more than once) all you have to do to get out is put it in reverse and push the gas. Here is the repair list on the car for the last twelve years. (part cost only i do my own mechanical work. Maintenance not included) New CV joint..........$90 Front drive shaft....$200 Ignition Coil..........$20 Fuel pump............$50 Viscous Coupler.....$300 (Optional repair reduces tire wear) In my view this is pretty modest for a car this old and heavily driven."

Reliable, Practical, Durable, Good Value!

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Based on the experience I have had with my 1996 5.2l V8 4wd and a 1998 4.0l 6cyl 2wd Grand Cheroke's, both purchased new and each now with over 150k miles under their belts. I have nothing but praise for these vehicles, as they continue to serve my family daily and have proven to be very dependable, reliable, functional, and low maintence vehicles. Compared to any of the 20+ various make and model vehicles I have owned over the last 20 yrs these two Jeeps have offered me the best "Bang for the Buck" by a long shot!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I purchased this '95 Grand Cherokee Limited for my wife to replace her sick Toyota Camry. I found myself wanting one for myself. We have gone everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) in this great vehicle including mountain tops and driving on the beaches at the Outer Banks. This is the an excellent vehicle. Easy to maintain, very, very comfortable. It currently has almost 200k on it and still runs and drive like the day we purchased it. Sadly it is time to upgrade. We really need a pickup truck and with todays dual purpose truck, with 4 doors for family it makes sense now. I expected the value to be at the bottom for my Grand Cherokee because of the miles. I was surprise at how well it held it's value. I should have no problem selling this excellent vehicle."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I bought this Jeep when it had 65K and it now has 180K with no problems. The engine runs a little rough compared to my 2000 Jeep, but it is extremely reliable, and fun to drive. I used it from hauling to off road driving and it proved to be a very rugged and reliable vehicle."

Dependable

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Over 235,000 mi without and single breakdown. It just keeps goin. We have a driveway full of jeeps: another '96 Grand with 180000+ mi, and a wrangler with 200000+ mi, then mine. They also go everywhere on or off the road; the offroad performance is unbelievable for a stock vehicle. They are also pretty fast for an SUV and are really simple to work on. Good towing due to torque and minimal blind spots. The 4.OL inline six is simply a great engine"

Very Versatile

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Versatile, reliable over 20 years, fun to own"

Cons: "Gas mileage not so good"

"Very versatile and enjoyable to own. Overall, very reliable. There can be be cost problem in replacing original parts. But so far so good and I am keeping the car until this becomes a problem. I bought the car 20 years ago, when there was not as much choice in the SUV market as there is now. But it has proved to be an unexpected pleasure and I am glad I went with it as opposed to, for example, a Range Rover, which was reportedly under-powered and unreliable at the time, or the to me cumbersome Toyota Cruiser."

Best Vehicle i have ever owned

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "All wheel drive is great in the winter"

Cons: "N\A"

"I bought my jeep with 60000 miles on it for $4200 in 2005. It has been everywhere and done everything and never left me on the side of the road. It has the original motor and trans. The only maintenance i have had to do is brakes and oil changes ( i had to replace the rocker panels because of michigan rust. It has been used on and off road for the past 8 years and has been wonderful the whole time."

360,000 miles and still running great!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "4x4 and towing. Tows boats and small trailors!"

"I've had this for 7 yrs. I am the second owner. We have never had to change the transmission or engine. I have a brand new GMC yukon and I still love driving my Jeep. It's so comfortable and to be outdated it has many features that were ahead of its time. Regular maintenance and oil changes are a necessity! It does help that we have an awesomea and inexpensive mechanic."

1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo 4.0L

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Own 2! The best car and best value I have ever owned. For the price you can not beat this car. 4.0L 6 cyl Engine has good power and very reliable. Parts are cheap and car is easy to work on. Tune up only took 30 mins, Disk brakes easy and cheap, oil change easy. Very comfortable and roomy. decent gas milage on the highway(21-26 mpg), however does suck up gas city driving. Only thing you have to watch is the door hinge's, make sure you give them a squirt of oil(wd-40) to prevent the hinge from sticking and crushing the bushings which makes the door sag and is a pain to replace. This is easily the best value out there for what you are getting. 4 wheel drive is great, interior styling is very nice. For $3k you get a reliable SUV that will last for years, is fun to drive and is very nice inside and out!"

all the comfort and style

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"great family vehicle for every day use and rode trips it has lots of room, also great for camping. It is well laid out and comfortable to drive or be a passenger. It has met all my expectations in performance and style. Bottom line is I love the Jeep Grand Cherokee and cant wait till I by another Brand new one."