1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 885 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Early Grand Cherokee is best!

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"The 1993 -1998 Grand Cherokee is by far better than the later models. Parts and Repairs are much lower cost on the early models, compaired to the 1999-2007 models."

I LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, powerful, good MPG"

Will drive over anything!

"Bought this Jeep with 190000 miles now it has 245000 and it still runs amazing. The 4.0 inline 6 is i think the best motor ever built. This Jeep is smooth and quiet but then does very good off road as well. I will never buy a different kind of car! Gets good gas mileage as well 24hwy/17city"

Will drive over anything!

316,000 miles and still rolling!!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have owned it for about three years and I've never had a problem with it..I've been able to go on trails that even the toughest 4 wheel drives couldn't conquer. 316k and I get about 23 MPG HWY with the 4.0L I6. Has every power option I could need and even with those high miles, I never worry if it's gonna start...It always has...My next vehicle will definaetly be a grand cherokee. Perfect size, not too big...not too small!"

A GREAT SUV if u keep it up

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "good car if u keep the maintenance up on it"

Cons: "All Cherokees are over price in my opinion"

"My Jeep is 18 yrs old and i love it. All in all it is a great car. Don't know about the new Grand Cherokee Jeeps but this model and year has been great. No engine or Transmission trouble in 18 yrs. loved it."

In the Family since She was New

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"We purchased this SUV in the fall of 1993. In my 50 plus years of driving everything from Volkswagon Bugs to vintage Corvettes, this vehicle has been a pleasant member of our family. With the tow package and interior space we have had the best of both worlds. A family "car," considered small to todays massive SUV's and a truck for moving just about anything. Best purchase of vehicle I have ever made."

still lovin' it!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Bought it used 7 years ago with 94500 miles on it! It now has 198452 miles on it! Love it still! never any major problems until a few days ago (tranfer case problems) But with that many miles it was bound to happen! My husband wants to junk it. NEVER!!!! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! Still starts up like a new one and engine is strong as ever! I love everything about it! Style, stereo, interior, power, and I can go off road for some fun! Just the right size for baseball car pooling, grocery shopping, or a day at the lake! I'll just pay whatever to get this one fixed I can't see me driving anything else!"

Some may wonder....

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "multi talented"

Cons: "interior passenger room"

"I put all 10's because it's one of the best auto's I've ever owned. I'm the third owner of my Jeep, it is originally from Florida. Second owner only had it for three months to drive from Florida leaving school. I haven't had any problems at all. I've only had to change the radiator and the normal oil change as well as breaks. I have a 5.2L V8 Limited, because of the leather it's very comfortable. At 6'1, i've had larger trucks, but I fit right (don't know bout those who sit behind me though) Most folks would think it guzzles gas, but I drive alot and it doesn't burn gas, well i keep my tires inflated correctly, tuned up and change to a K&N Air Filter."

1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought mine in 2003. She has a straight 6, Selec-Trac 4x4, power locks and windows etc. I'm the third owner, second guy was the brother of the owner of a dealership. These Jeeps last as long as you take care of them. I've put in nothing more than basic maintenance like the manual recommends and nothing has been a major problem that shouldn't be expected for the wear and tear I've put on the vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle only if they have been taken care of and you're willing to do the basic service on it. There are a lot of these in my area I can see have been abused, and people are usually shocked when I tell them she is a '95 for the condition she is in. Hope this helps."

I love my Jeep

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"I bought my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSI used with about 53000 miles from CarMax. 4 years later I have 83000 miles on my Jeep and have not had any problems, only paying for normal maintenance on the car outside of what I cannot do myself. In this day and age, the only downside is fuel consumption as I only get about 15 mpg, but since I only use my Jeep to get to the train and to run errands, its not too bad. The thing that still amazes me is how quietly my Jeep runs, how dependable it is in the winter and living in Chicago the 4WD is icing on the cake. The vehicle is extremely comfortable and with fold down/removable seats, very flexible. I wouldn't recommend this Jeep for a family just starting out, but if you are single or have moved beyond the young kids stage, its a great buy."

Great Vehicle for a New Driver

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, logical controls, easy to repair"

Cons: "Could be quieter inside, handling's a bit rough"

My Jeep (:

"I bought my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD in February of 2012 (this year). It is my first car. It is one awesome vehicle, it drives nice, is pretty quiet (could be a bit quieter), and has all the technical features (a trip computer, compass and outside temperature gauge, power everything, and an advanced computer system). It starts up every time and I put a custom stereo system into it. Inside, all of the controls are logically-placed and are easy to control from the driver's seat. The 5.2L V8 sips fuel, and has plenty of pickup on the highway. It is comfortable and its looks are iconic. Nothing beats a Jeep, and it will go anywhere, and do anything, just like they said (:"

My Jeep (:

Solid Car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Jeep Ruggedness, early Lexus luxury"

Cons: "Poor planning on door panels"

"Great little SUV goes from point A to B no problem and hasn't let me down yet! Very mechanically sound with the I-6 4.0 liter motor kind of a shame it's only available with an automatic. Interior design lacks a bit with some of the faux leather door paneling coming off but starts every time with no problems on 100 degree days down to -25. Even pushes through snow like a champ. Just an all around good car."

Best Jeep out there

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "Low Cost Maintenance, Very Reliable"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I bought this car when I was 16, I am now 24, and have been driving it ever since. Low maintenance, never made any major repairs on the motor. I spent about 700 dollars last year, on the a/c and other items, but that is all that I have spent over the life of the vehicle. I highly recommend this model Jeep."

cant beat a jeep for the money

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Aside from the initial depreciation when purchased new, the value that the grand cherokee limited offers is hard to beat. It has 4wd, v8 performance, tow package, and every imaginable creature comfort you could desire. American made, extremely reliable when maintained properly, and still stylish after several years of service. Most service issues are very affordable to repair if need be and Diamler Chrysler is very easy to work with on warranty issues. The only weak link I have found after owning 3 of these jeeps is the transmission, but it can also be rebuilt cheaply enough and provide many more years of enjoyment. I don't believe that I would ever pay sticker price for a new Grand Cherokee simply because of the depreciation but if you find one that is a year or two old with low miles, the value is unbeatable! I'm sold on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited!"

one of the best trucks ever built

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, built like a tank, 40. best engine"

Cons: "no rear power outlets"

"This truck is built like a tank will take anything you can throw at it, strong,dependable wont give up, 4.0L L6 engine is pretty much bullet proof, very spacious wont give it up for any thing just ask any one who has one they tell you"

Robust little 4.0L!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "capability, interior, looks, power, upgradability"

Cons: "gas mileage, age, on road handling"

Just after a wash.

"I got my Jeep to replace my Subaru. I needed more hauling room and offroad prowess, both of which are plentiful with this Jeep. I have had the chance to upgrade anything yet, but it is capable enough to make it through a driver side window deep puddle without mud tires, and only in 4wd fulltime! If that isn't awesome then idk what is. The suspension is stiff so on road driving can be somewhat ruff on bad roads, but it makes up for this elsewhere. The selectrac 4wd is awesome because of the choice of drive types you have to choose from, and the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had. Cargo room is excellent with folding seats, but expect to have a few minor problems with quality being that they were built 15+ years ago and are aging. All in all, this car has become my baby, and I am likely to keep it until it breathes its last breath."

Just after a wash.

Ye Ole JEEP

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Strong motor. great price"

Cons: "Could roll over."

"Good vehicle for the price. I've had mine for about 2 years now, nothing major just standard maintenance. I drive the car 120 miles round trip to work 5 times a week. JEEPS ARE GREAT!"

Daryl. My hero

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, attractive looking. 4x4 great."

Cons: "Slightly Weird electrical, but easily manageable"

"I bought this car 2 years ago. Was born and raised in Alaska, and has been through every winter with no problem. Starts on a dime even if bellow -50 degrees. The previous owner abused it a bit but I have taken care of it and its my baby. Except once when I took it on the lake to get somebody unstuck, part of the lake wasn't frozen, and it sunk a bit.. Still ran, and I got out after driving through 4 feet of water. This car has saved me and others on plenty of occasions. And has had no major issues. His name is Daryl."

Amazing Value

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Value"

"Greatest car I have ever owned. Had this car for 11 years with very minimal issues, 220000 miles on her and going strong!"

BOB, the Burro, is a beloved member of our family!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Best value for original price that I've ever had!"

Cons: "Gettin' a bit harder to find replacement parts."

Bob the Burro with small bird friend

"BOB (Beast of Burden), the "Burro", is a grey, '93, Jeep Grand Cherokee with character, tenacity, courage and a spunky sense of humor. He's his owner's alter-ego, doing and saying things too outrageous for a mere human. Bought new, Bob's crossed the American Midwest countless times in all kind of weather, endured many blizzards and rock falls in the Intermountain West, and overcome southern Louisiana roads and trails after Hurricane Katrina. He spent a few years in Indiana and now lives in Allegheny Co. PA; looking forward to icey, snowy winter hills. We expect Bob the Burro to continue performing and bragging for years and miles more. You can call him "donkey", too, but please avoid that other word....it upsets him! His best feature, after that durable 6 cyl. engine, is his quadratrac 4wd system! I can't break it! He takes his time, but climbs every hill presented and wades water like a turtle. Duct Tape, hose clamps, coat-hangers (brass ones) and a Leatherman Tool fix most temporary problems. In his latest years he uses a guart of 10-30 Synthetic oil about every 3,000 mi. Maybe it's time for 1st replacement gaskets? A little rust has locked his left back seat in upright position and his body seals are shot so he leaks a lot...but, we'll fix that soon. I only wish he weren't so attractive as to attract people who park close and slam their doors into his sides. He's got a lot of little vertical dents! He's wearing 1.5 in. bumper armor, but still his lights are a little out of line from love-taps. Ya' couldn't tell to look at him, though. He shines up like nearly new. HE loves to tell BMW's, Audi's and Porches' his off road adventure stories. When he parks near a H-2, H-3, or other poser he asks, "Been anywhere interesting lately"...then he listens as they tell him about the mud at the soccer field parking lot, or the gravel road at the park. He responds with a tale of Targee Pass in January, or some uncharted bayou trail down south. Bob and I hope you find one of his automotive kind someday and love each other 'till you're both yard art!"

Bob the Burro with small bird friend

Saved my Family

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I bought this car in Dec 09 used w/ 170000. I had some minor problems wrong w/ it but ran great and got me around town. I totaled it 3 wks ago. I had a bad accident and flipped it 6xs I wasn't buckled but my two little ones were. This vehicle saved my babies lives and held up.My kids didn't have one scratch on them and neither did I. It was a miracle. It is has a solid body and worth it. I would buy another one but too many scary memories from the wreck when i see these cars. I hope this review helps someone buy this reliable car and have peace of mind that ur family is safe."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"This vehicle is about to break 200000 miles and will still start without hesitation in the -30 degree mornings in January. The transmission also seems to have no problems after all those miles. Although i prefer wranglers as an off road car the Grand Cherokee is more than capable off road but is much more realistic as a daily driver. For example if you accidentally drive it into a ditch (which i have more than once) all you have to do to get out is put it in reverse and push the gas. Here is the repair list on the car for the last twelve years. (part cost only i do my own mechanical work. Maintenance not included) New CV joint..........$90 Front drive shaft....$200 Ignition Coil..........$20 Fuel pump............$50 Viscous Coupler.....$300 (Optional repair reduces tire wear) In my view this is pretty modest for a car this old and heavily driven."

Reliable, Practical, Durable, Good Value!

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Based on the experience I have had with my 1996 5.2l V8 4wd and a 1998 4.0l 6cyl 2wd Grand Cheroke's, both purchased new and each now with over 150k miles under their belts. I have nothing but praise for these vehicles, as they continue to serve my family daily and have proven to be very dependable, reliable, functional, and low maintence vehicles. Compared to any of the 20+ various make and model vehicles I have owned over the last 20 yrs these two Jeeps have offered me the best "Bang for the Buck" by a long shot!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I purchased this '95 Grand Cherokee Limited for my wife to replace her sick Toyota Camry. I found myself wanting one for myself. We have gone everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) in this great vehicle including mountain tops and driving on the beaches at the Outer Banks. This is the an excellent vehicle. Easy to maintain, very, very comfortable. It currently has almost 200k on it and still runs and drive like the day we purchased it. Sadly it is time to upgrade. We really need a pickup truck and with todays dual purpose truck, with 4 doors for family it makes sense now. I expected the value to be at the bottom for my Grand Cherokee because of the miles. I was surprise at how well it held it's value. I should have no problem selling this excellent vehicle."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I bought this Jeep when it had 65K and it now has 180K with no problems. The engine runs a little rough compared to my 2000 Jeep, but it is extremely reliable, and fun to drive. I used it from hauling to off road driving and it proved to be a very rugged and reliable vehicle."

Dependable

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Over 235,000 mi without and single breakdown. It just keeps goin. We have a driveway full of jeeps: another '96 Grand with 180000+ mi, and a wrangler with 200000+ mi, then mine. They also go everywhere on or off the road; the offroad performance is unbelievable for a stock vehicle. They are also pretty fast for an SUV and are really simple to work on. Good towing due to torque and minimal blind spots. The 4.OL inline six is simply a great engine"