1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 879 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

I LOVE MY JEEP!!!

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, goes great in bad weather."

Cons: "OK gas mileage for a 4x4"

"I bought mine used last year with 153,000 miles on it. Very good shape for being 15 years old! Not afraid to take it anywhere. 4 wheel drive is amazing. It goes like a tank in the snow, slush, mud."

got mine in 1997 its a 96 love it

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "bets suv i one beter then the k5 blazer"

Cons: "cant think of one my son wonts my jeep now"

"best suv i have beter then my k5 blazer i have with a plow jeep has 200000 on it and is going running good"

I'll drive it till the wheels fall off

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "reliable, long lasting and enjoyable in any weathe"

Cons: "not the best on gas"

"I bought this Jeep used with about 80K and now have 170K on it and she still runs strong. My girlfriend likes it so much that she asked me to go and find one for her. I found her a newer one but she and many others I speak with like the older Jeeps from the 90's better. They are heavier and more solid feeling. I'd probably look around for one from the 90's with low milage before I'd consider a newer Jeep. With the exception of my classic Brit sports car, probably the best money I ever spent on a used vehicle."

Still love it.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "All season"

Cons: "Terrible Gas mileage"

"I bought mine 10 years ago with 120,000 miles on it. It currently has 186,000 on it and has never left me stranded. Still take on trips to Florida. Just replaced original Muffler and other than normal wear and tear and a small transmission leak(about a quart a week)no problems!The only complaint is the gas mileage on this is 17 highway and 14-15 city."

love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"This is the first jeep I have ever owned and I fell in love with it. If and when I decide to sell I will stay with the Jeep. I have had to put work into it, due to most if not all of the parts are original so it is understood that they would need to be replaced. It has and continues to serve me well. I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It has a CD player in it, but it has not worked and I have continued to just use the radio. The air works great and 4 New tires were put on about 6 months ago. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. With the understanding that as I have put new parts into it, most likely they would too. It has a new starter, alternator, and muffler system."

Incredible vehickle

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun, safe, and comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Heated seats would have been nice"

"I've owned many vehickles, cars, trucks and motorcycles. My 96 Grand Cherokee is light years ahead of even a BMW. It doesn't burn or leak oil. IT isn't rusted,HAS ORiGiNAL SHINING PAINT. It get's 22 mpg doing 75mph. I can go through anything in 4wd. I do change oil, filter, and greese it every 2k miles. All other fluids yearly.I also douse everything underhood with wd-40 every oil change. I've done basic mainenence on it. I'll change plugs again at the 200,000 tune up, did it at 150k, but didn't need it. Dealers want to give me peanuts for it. I laugh and tell them they've got nothing on the lot I'd trade my baby for. I got this Jeep with 90k on it 5 years ago. I towed a full covered trailer with my full sized bike for 12 hrs straigt last June. No problem. FULL OPTION PACKAGE aND EVERYTHING STILL WORKS GREAT.Rear wiper is a dream, tires wear even. I just bought a nice Silverado 1500, but I can't see anyone driving my Jeep but me. Or maybe my son, if I can be talked into giving it up. I love this Jeep. There is no equal in the world. Retired mechanic for 35 years here.Buy one, and don't spend over 3k. You don't have too.Try for a GRAND cHEROKEE LAREDO."

My best vehicle to date LOVE IT!!

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive for me and my boxer Hook."

Cons: "Wish Hook could drive so I can stick my head out"

"I originally leased this Jeep, not sure if I really wanted it and boy did I fall for it. Once my lease was up bought it and he still takes me where I have to go. I'm a mobile Notary Public so I'm forever traveling through rain, sleet, snow, hail or sunny weather we go. I've got 297,532 miles. So I just have to keep him tuned up and all fluids changed and he will keep me going."

My jeep is the best $350.00 i have spent.

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

"I am proud to own a jeep after all the fun i have had on the pavement as well as off road. It has excellent traction in all weather,and is good on gas for the long trips."

What A Car!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "strong fast comfort"

Cons: "mpg cound be better"

"I've had this car for a short 2 months love it, been off road a ton, 11,000 feet high, and 40mph pothole filled dirt roads, never missis a beat."

My First Car

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Rugged & Spacious"

Cons: "Gas Guzzler"

"I bought my jeep with 193000 miles on it and was pretty sceptical, but once I put a new coolant resivour in it and threw on new tires, you would swear it was brand new. I love this car"

one of the best trucks ever built

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, built like a tank, 40. best engine"

Cons: "no rear power outlets"

"This truck is built like a tank will take anything you can throw at it, strong,dependable wont give up, 4.0L L6 engine is pretty much bullet proof, very spacious wont give it up for any thing just ask any one who has one they tell you"

good gas mlg, looks like new, easy to drive.

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Goodlooking, solid built/safe,easy/fun drive,"

Cons: "Not a small vehicle....can't think f any cons!"

"I love my jeep! I've had her for 7+ yrs, and am enjoying every minute! Hoping she lasts forever!"

Comfortable ride!!

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, not 4wd"

"I have not owned this Jeep for very long but the time I have had it I have loved driving it. I had had some repairs done on her and normal oil changes. Her exterior is in wonderful condition, interior has some minor stains and just needs a good cleaning. It is very comfortable though! Tires are in good condition."

Keeps on ticking @ 188565 miles

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Keeps on going like a timex"

Cons: "Have no idea"

"1996 gr chero ltd, inline 6, 2wd hard to beat this car. I have owned it for 8 yrs sec owner. Only thing that doesn't work is the heated seat an no easy way to repair seat heat wires.. Very little repairs as it just keeps on going my goal is 200000. Gas mileage is like others say here. Regular maintenance is best way to keep it going such as oil changes, but other than that cheap to own. I would like a Toyota Tacoma,but hard to justify when this is paid for and get the same gas mileage. Also, Got my daughter a 96 gr lerado several years ago she drove in high sch, an college sold it to a high sch boy ( who drove it hard) and now he is taking it off to college. These cars just keep on going an parts are fairly easy to find at pullaparts."

You just keep driving your leaf! lol

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Own two, best truck ever made."

Owned since new in 1992 - Excellent

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Excellent vehicle, reliable, solid and comfortable. Work horse for 21 years and never complained. Gets same mileage today as when new about 17.5 mpg. Never burned oil, excellent 4-wheel drive system. The vehicle has become a close friend of the family and hoping for 20 more years or reliable service."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Dependable Excellent, fun to drive very comfy"

Cons: "no extended sun visors."

"Jeep makes a vehicle you feel safe in. I called my jeep tank because it never failed me in any type of weather, conditonor situation.Towing was a breeze. Will always pick a jeep over any other vehicle. I may have to find another jeep mine just got rear ended bad but it still drives, hope it's repairable. I just love jeeps!"

Awesome

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and tough"

"The grand cherokee can go anywhere and is very reliable. I drive through mud and snow with mine and never get stuck and mine is mostly stock except for the tires. It is a great machine and very fun."

Try to take away my CG

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great car and Great mileage"

Cons: "None that come to mind"

"This car has been AMAZING, NEVER left me stranded and has over 240,000 miles on it. I hit a deer doing 90 mph and sailed right over it and never even stopped. Not one scratch in it. I have done most of the normal wear and tear repairs myself with very little cost. This car is a daily driver and will remain that way. it's a 1997 Grand Cherokee , 240,000 miles on it and 100% original body and paint and engine and trans. I sent a letter to Jeep / Chrysler and got a 200,000 mile club license plate frame :)"

Satisfied

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "comes with all the extras of the day"

Cons: "not the quitest ride"

"Bought this used for summer use on the Cape with 196,000 miles. There must be a million of these around. Reliable and sound. New and used cheap parts out there if needed. Got caught in Christmas blizzard, easily handled with four wheel drive. Lots of fun on the cheap. Be sure to give it a good test drive and have it checked out before buying."

Robust little 4.0L!!

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "capability, interior, looks, power, upgradability"

Cons: "gas mileage, age, on road handling"

Just after a wash.

"I got my Jeep to replace my Subaru. I needed more hauling room and offroad prowess, both of which are plentiful with this Jeep. I have had the chance to upgrade anything yet, but it is capable enough to make it through a driver side window deep puddle without mud tires, and only in 4wd fulltime! If that isn't awesome then idk what is. The suspension is stiff so on road driving can be somewhat ruff on bad roads, but it makes up for this elsewhere. The selectrac 4wd is awesome because of the choice of drive types you have to choose from, and the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had. Cargo room is excellent with folding seats, but expect to have a few minor problems with quality being that they were built 15+ years ago and are aging. All in all, this car has become my baby, and I am likely to keep it until it breathes its last breath."

Just after a wash.

Unexpected reliability for an AWD

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, versatile"

Cons: "mileage, cost of parts"

Keepin' it cool.

"Unfortunately for me and this vehicle, it is not nearly rated high enough for resell value! A great road trip vehicle, it is durable, tough and yet looks nice after a wash. I feel for conveince sake that they should have given it a spare tire holder for the rear hatch, rather than expect you to want to use a bicycle tire for a spare, but otherwise I loved this truck. As with most Mopar, the parts can be a little more expensive, but for the work I put into it (replaced the transfer case, needs some rear-end attention, regular maintenance and one wheel bearing hub assembly in the front) I really cannot complain! Another downfall would have to be the console computer. It keeps track of the date, time and miles until service, but for some reason these modules always want to kick off and reset themselves-I never tried to figure out why. All in all, for an all time AWD truck that has been put through all of it's paces, and then some, I could not be more impressed. I love it to pieces. Except now with gas being so high, I have to sadly find somewhere to trade in my trusty Jeep for a car with better mileage."

Keepin' it cool.

Not pretty, But shes my baby

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "good pricing,fun offroad,comfortable,repairable"

Cons: "stock headliner, stock headlights,"

"1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6. This is probably the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. Yes she has problems here and there but she is 16. Also, parts be it new or remanufactured are cheep for this vehicle, also VERY easy to do work on yourself. I have pretty much rebuilt this whole Jeep myself from oil change to engine rebuild to tranny rebuild, yadda yadda yadda. Out of all my buddies, this Jeep is the better performing out of them all, from offroading to the most comfortable ride you have ever had. small cons- stock headliner falls in almost every GC I have seen and mine is no different. Cheap fix though. Best vehicle ever."

Rock solid with zero headaches.

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, low maintenance, roomy, Good MPG @ 55-60"

Cons: "Gas hog @ 70mph and up. No other complaints here"

"97 Grand Cherokee Laredo was reccomended by my mechanic friend as dependable and functional. It did not let me down. Bought mine used with 130K miles for a good price and did nothing but breaks and tires and "fun" upgrades until about 205K. I'm 6' tall and it was roomy enough for comfort. Back seats are adequate for adult passangers and it has a good bit of cargo space. Straight 6 engine has plenty of power to get around (and by all accounts is much more reliable than V8 version) I do over-the-top audio systems and I did need to add air bags to the suspension to comfortably ride with 700 pounds of batteries and such in the back. Factory voltage regulator only charges to mid 13V range so if you're a nut about loading down the electrical system you'll want outboard regulator when you upgrade the alternator and battery. Started having problems at @ 205,000 miles, starting with radiator hose blowing out and overheating which blew head gasket. Do NOT let these overheat. Rear end went @ 220K and other things begin to wear out (distributor cap, power steering pump, front end pieces). Frankly if it were in better cosmetic condition I'd probably keep it going but I've really beaten the stuffing out of it. Keep her under 60MPH and gas mileage is really good on highway, a bit of a hog at higher speeds or in 4WD but not terrible. Really I wasn't looking for an econo-box so for what it is I'd say fuel efficiency is good. All in all I got my money's worth and then some out of this Jeep. If I could find another used one with lower miles for a fair price I'd buy another without hesitation."

Ye Ole JEEP

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Strong motor. great price"

Cons: "Could roll over."

"Good vehicle for the price. I've had mine for about 2 years now, nothing major just standard maintenance. I drive the car 120 miles round trip to work 5 times a week. JEEPS ARE GREAT!"