1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 892 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Ye Ole JEEP

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Strong motor. great price"

Cons: "Could roll over."

"Good vehicle for the price. I've had mine for about 2 years now, nothing major just standard maintenance. I drive the car 120 miles round trip to work 5 times a week. JEEPS ARE GREAT!"

Daryl. My hero

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, attractive looking. 4x4 great."

Cons: "Slightly Weird electrical, but easily manageable"

"I bought this car 2 years ago. Was born and raised in Alaska, and has been through every winter with no problem. Starts on a dime even if bellow -50 degrees. The previous owner abused it a bit but I have taken care of it and its my baby. Except once when I took it on the lake to get somebody unstuck, part of the lake wasn't frozen, and it sunk a bit.. Still ran, and I got out after driving through 4 feet of water. This car has saved me and others on plenty of occasions. And has had no major issues. His name is Daryl."

Amazing Value

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Value"

"Greatest car I have ever owned. Had this car for 11 years with very minimal issues, 220000 miles on her and going strong!"

Saved my Family

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I bought this car in Dec 09 used w/ 170000. I had some minor problems wrong w/ it but ran great and got me around town. I totaled it 3 wks ago. I had a bad accident and flipped it 6xs I wasn't buckled but my two little ones were. This vehicle saved my babies lives and held up.My kids didn't have one scratch on them and neither did I. It was a miracle. It is has a solid body and worth it. I would buy another one but too many scary memories from the wreck when i see these cars. I hope this review helps someone buy this reliable car and have peace of mind that ur family is safe."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"This vehicle is about to break 200000 miles and will still start without hesitation in the -30 degree mornings in January. The transmission also seems to have no problems after all those miles. Although i prefer wranglers as an off road car the Grand Cherokee is more than capable off road but is much more realistic as a daily driver. For example if you accidentally drive it into a ditch (which i have more than once) all you have to do to get out is put it in reverse and push the gas. Here is the repair list on the car for the last twelve years. (part cost only i do my own mechanical work. Maintenance not included) New CV joint..........$90 Front drive shaft....$200 Ignition Coil..........$20 Fuel pump............$50 Viscous Coupler.....$300 (Optional repair reduces tire wear) In my view this is pretty modest for a car this old and heavily driven."