1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 883 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

great for the family tons of storage

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "great 4x4 abilitiys"

Cons: "stuck in a all wheel drive and really bad on gas"

"its great for everyone from the explorer to the family guy. super comfortable allows for the relaxing long distance drives and the 4x4 capabilities have gotten me more places then people with mild builds get. do not buy it for fuel economy, this is the safest thing that you can put the wife and kids into and now worry about anything. snow mudd sand everything is no match for this beast of a v8"

Very Versatile

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Versatile, reliable over 20 years, fun to own"

Cons: "Gas mileage not so good"

"Very versatile and enjoyable to own. Overall, very reliable. There can be be cost problem in replacing original parts. But so far so good and I am keeping the car until this becomes a problem. I bought the car 20 years ago, when there was not as much choice in the SUV market as there is now. But it has proved to be an unexpected pleasure and I am glad I went with it as opposed to, for example, a Range Rover, which was reportedly under-powered and unreliable at the time, or the to me cumbersome Toyota Cruiser."

Awesome vehicle especially for college student's f

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

"Great utilitarian vehicle - we will buy another."

Great vehicle to own, very reliable.

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

"I bought a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo, v8 5.2 liter in 2009, with 95000 miles on it. Here in 2015 I still own her and with 165000 on it, I can exclaim it's true reliability as my first vehicle. In conclusion, I would recommend this vehicle, as my experiences with it have proven it a very safe reliable machine."

A very good design.

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Cheap and easy to repair, Truck-like suspension"

Cons: "The annoying computer"

"I bought the 1995 grand cherokee used in 1999 for $5400 with 104k miles on it. It's transportation has helped me obtain two degrees. I've used it to deliver pizza. I started using Mobil 1 full syth and 93 premium octane and it pops so smothly and effortlessly with the 318 mpi. People give it alot of flack becuase of the gas milage but it has a truck like suspenion that can handle pot holes and road deformities nicely. If driven properly and maintained properly it can get the same mpg as a large sadan. The V8 is effecient becuase it rarly needs to go over 2k rpm. With the low end torque you only need to press the gas just a couple MMs to get up to speed. I've been in 2 non major wrecks with it (no body damage just the plastic bumper) and it still runs great. I've only changed the power sterring pump and water pump. Paint is comming off the roof but other than that no problem. I like that the rear view mirror as an awesome electronic dimmer. The computer infront of the shifter stopped working after a buffet from a 6 D battery mag light(not a bad thing because it would beep annoyingly). I now have 225k miles on it (as of 1/11/2015) and if the tranny or engine gives out I'll just have to replace them because this jeep is and extension of my body."