1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 878 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Best I've ever owned, bar none!

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and great turning ratio."

Cons: "ashtray was hard to get to (where I kept spare cha"

"I've driven this Jeep for 20 years and it has never let me down. I have over 217,000 miles on it and have changed the oil at regular intervals, as recommended. All cars have issues from time to time, but this one never gave me any problems that wouldn't have been expected as it aged. When they came up, I was lucky enough to be able to take her to the same mechanic also for 20 years. There has never been a problem with this vehicle that wasn't expected due to normal use, and I never let anything (odd sounds, or noises, etc.) go hoping they would go away. Basically, what I'm saying is that it is a very solid model Jeep from that year and I would not hesitate to recommend buying one if you could know it was taken care of and have a mechanic you trust check it out beforehand."

best vehicle ever for icy and snow condition

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "secure drive on any terrain in any weather"

Cons: "not for in town drive"

"excellent all terrain vehicle"

Absolutely the safest car money will buy.

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Luxury, Safety, Reliability, Fun"

There is no substitute!

"I'm driving the 2nd 1996 GC that Ive owned; the 1st was destroyed in a roll-over accident on a rural interstate. The cause of that accident was a rear tire blow-out of a defective BFG all terrain tire. Although the combination ABS and AWD hampered maintaining control, I was able to reduce the speed of 75 MPH to approximately 20 MPH before sliding off road and rolling. There was not an exterior panel that was untouched and to look at the vehicle you would surely think a fatality occurred; however, I did not get a scratch. the Jeep took it all. I'm driving my 2nd GC last Tuesday with my 8 y/o son when another car slammed into the rear of the Jeep, and another slammed into that car. My son asked, "what was that Dad?" From the cabin of the Jeep it barely felt like a speed bump, the other cars did not fare so well.The driver of the first car to hit had to be hauled away on a back board the other driver was a bit shaken. The Jeep suffered damage but is still drivable awaiting insurance adjusters to conclude their waiting game. If you want to survive the texters, the road ragers, the make-up applicators, and the idiots with whom you must share the pavement, buy a Jeep. Period. Happy trails and rubber side up. Draper"

There is no substitute!

I finally got one. wanted one for a long time.

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "comfort, reliable"

Cons: "full time foru wheel, no way to put in two wheel."

"I've wanted one for a long time. I really enjoy it. Very comfortable ride. The only problem I have is that it is in four wheel drive ALL the time which is the QUADRA TRAC. I wish I could take it out of four wheel. I get from 15 to 18 MPG (city & highway) plus or minus."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Easy to work on, extremely reliable/trustworthy."

Cons: "None....really."

"We bought this 98 Laredo used, private party when it was 5 years old. Aside from routine maintenance, it has been the best vehicle we've ever owned. I can't brag enough about this old vehicle. It's getting tired now, but the 4 liter is still as strong as day one, not even the valve cover leaks! I'd own another one in a heartbeat!"