2014 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,966 - $18,613.

10/5.3

7.7

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    7.5/10
Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

Excellent Value for the money

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, very quiet engine, supportive seats."

Cons: "Needs better oem tires, lousey in snow"

"This is the 3rd Jeep my wife and I have owned, previously a 1990 Cherokee, 2007 Liberty, and I have to say that so far this is the best. 30mpg, descent power(not a race car), good interior room. I am 6ft and 350lbs and I am very comfortable in both the drivers and passenger seats."

Jeep just needs to step up the interior a little.

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Theres no Jeep Compass that looks like mine."

Cons: "My Jeep is one of a kind!!!"

"I actually made my jeep more to my liking piece by piece and thats ok by me."

I have had transmission cvc joints tires gas cap

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Cons: "constant repair"

"tyrods all replaced since purchase in 2011 this vehicle has been repair constantly in shop 2day try 2 start this morning n nothing ridiculous im trading this $ bag in by the way im 51 n don't rough use my jeep"

dated platform, nice options for the cost

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "good value, great Jeep 4wd"

Cons: "dated styling, uncomfortable to drive."

"Dated styling but a decent value for a mid level package. I have heated seats, sunroof, premium sound(sun and sound package) and an automatic starter, unheard of in mid level pricing. I was looking for a 4cyl suv to save on fuel. It's 6 speed automatic is spunky and economically sound. Great 4wd, rock solid in the snow. Lacks comfort on long drives. It blows around in the wind more than my high profile Suburban, but less than my Jeep Wrangler. I probably would not replace it with another Compass of this design/styling."

AWESOME VALUE for the MONEY ! Great 6 Speed Auto !

By on Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pros: "GREAT VALUE, SUPER RELIABLE, CHEAPER THAN OTHERS"

Cons: "VERY BAD BLINDS SPOTS, BORING TO DRIVE"

"My Compass Latitude is a 2014 with 19,000 miles on it. The folks that knock the automatic transmissions in other reviews here obviously have the CVT and NOT the new (for 2014) 6 Speed Automatic! This automatic is one of the smoothest shifting automatics I have ever owned and I've owned over (100) vehicles over the past (35) years. I bought a pretty much loaded 2014 Latitude Edition for right around $24,000 OTD. My Compass has 4x4, Sun/Sound (great loud stereo BTW!), low profile tires on 18's on chrome laden wheels, Bluetooth, UConnect, Power everything including the Moonroof, and most importantly, HEATED SEATS ! Yes! HEATED SEATS ! In a mid-level SUV! That may not be a big deal to you, but here in Ohio they are great! Speaking of the seats, the front seats are some of the most comfortable to sit in and the seated driving postition is great. Here in Ohio we get our share of snowy/icy roads. I have a (60) mile commute, mainly highway. There were several days last winter where the snow was over 4" on the roadway and many days with black ice. The Freedom Drive I (4x4) in my Compass performed flawlessly and never gave me the feeling of not being in control. Tfuel mileage is right on with the window sticker at 28 MPGs. One does have to drive like a sane person to obtain that number. Otherwise, you'll get mid-20s MPG highway all day long. The ride is a bit stiff and the handling is predictible and average. A couple downfalls are it's boring to drive and it does have some of the worst blind spots in any vehicle I've ever driven. This IS A BIG NEGATIVE for this vehicle! Especially the front A-Pillars. I've had a few close calls for NOT being able to see cross-traffic. The reliability has be outstanding and I've had ZERO quality issues with it in (16) months of ownership. BTW, an equally equipped Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V will cost at least $5,000 MORE than my Compass. Believe you me, I shopped them all. Overall and an awesome value for the money!"

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next