2011 Jeep Compass

7.4

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10

Dark Horse SUV Crossover

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Being at the lower end of the crossover SUV market, the Compass takes a bit of flak from the gearhead youtube sensations who decide on what constitutes a good car these days. However, those guys are letting their testosterone get the better of them and they're totally wrong about the Compass. It's smooth, it's comfortable and it's efficient with gas. Not to mention being very reasonably priced compared to its peers. If you're looking for huge amounts of torque then you may be better off looking elsewhere but if you need a solid family car that has some basic off road ability and good amounts of space and features then the Compass is a great choice especially given the low price tag for a second hand model. Buy with confidence."

Comfortable,good handling,safe ride

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "Great ride,affordable,good size"

Great looking SUV !

"I purchased this car because I liked the look, the size & the jeep reputation. I needed it to travel to upstate NY to a cabin in a rural area. We have an under developed road that is often eroded from the elements. It's hilly and can be icy and snow bound. We have never had a problem getting up the road with the compass. It handles beautifully. It's comfortable and is not a rough ride at all. We have taken two very long trips in the Compass and they were great trips. It's comfortable, not noisy and not bad on gas for an SUV."

Great looking SUV !

Blew the competition away.

By on Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pros: "Drives great, gas mileage , ammenities."

Cons: "could use a better rear wiper."

"After looking at and driving other midsized SUVs,I was amazed at the driving dynamics of the Compass. It actually drives more like a car than an SUV.Coming from a Chevy Equinox to this, the mileage was incredible at 31 hwy and feels like there is more usable room..Compared directly against the Hyundai Tucson it just felt much more secure on the road. You don't feel as though your sitting over the tires and the is much less body lean. It was more roomy than the Crosstrek for less money snd quiter thsn the Escspe.Well satisfied for the price!"

Excellent on and off road - totally reliable

By on Monday, July 7, 2014

"Does not disappoint ."

A step above the competition

By on Friday, October 2, 2015

Pros: "Riving dynamics are excellent for an SUV. mpg A+++"

"This SUV handles more like a car as opposed to a van like most I have driven. Very sure feel on the highway. Excellent gas mileage averaging 29-31 highway. Plenty of room for a family of four. I find it to be among the top of the class for comfort and value for the price . Much more attractively designed than the boxy small SUV's available. I would definately recommend to anyone wanting a reliable,practical SUV."

Just OK

By on Sunday, April 3, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "Gets you around"

Cons: "rough idle - not a great deal of space"

"I had one of these as a rental in Florida with about 30K miles on it. The brakes squealed like a newborn piglet and the idle in drive with the A/C on was so rough it was nauseating. I'm looking forward to trying an Escape or Explorer."

Absolutely hate this car.

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reason: Terrible Car.

"SUPER SLOW AND BORING TO DRIVE. Driving this jeep is like riding a turtle through a sea of peanut butter. It was brand new when i bought it and had weird delays when starting. Brakes will slip in wet conditions or while hitting a bump and braking (very frustrating and scary at times). Brakes also started squeaking after 5,000 miles. Terrible car and i do not recommend anything about it except for the cheaper price."

Never again!

By on Monday, December 1, 2014

Reason: Poor driving characteristics

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, not bad looking"

Cons: "Cheap, no power, worst transmission ever!"

"Had a Compass this year and hated it. No power, cheap interior and the worst automatic transmission I've ever driven. The engine is anemic and struggles to get out of it's own way. Super loud at any RPM above 4k. The automatic transmission is sloppy and is constantly searching for the right gear, which it never seems to find. The only way I could drive this car was by manually selecting the correct gear. Cheap plastic all around, but quite comfortable, even for a big guy."

probably wont buy one again

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "looks good. sound system is great"

Cons: "transmission is not smooth. high noise level."

"Poor quality on interior, had to replace plastics on RT side of passenger seat 3 times..road sounds are very high..transmission has tendency to bounce when in heavy traffic..padding on driver door bubbles when weather is warm."

I can't believe Jeep made such a lousy SUV :(

By on Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pros: "good price, but you get what you pay for"

Cons: "too much to list"

"I have always had a Jeep product. This was my first Compass. I hate this vehicle! I have the High Altitude version, which is such a joke. It has a loud and very weak engine. If you need to accelerate quickly, this is NOT the vehicle for you! It's useless in the snow, even with winter tires. For the people who like this vehicle, Jeep is very lucky to have you."

Great Value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car, very comfortable, spacey for its class."

Cons: "no stock roof rack, mileage isn't amazing."

"The vehicle is a great value for its price. If your looking for luxury this is not the car. It does not have bells or whistles and the interior is not amazing; however, it is a very functional vehicle. The car drive is very comfortable and the space is great. The seats fold down very quick and easy for maximum space. The drive is very smooth. I have driven it for 6 hours plus multiple times for a very easy ride. The only thing I would say is the roof rack is overcomplicated. It does not come with simple racks like many cars do. You have to purchase them from overpriced roof rack companies."

Worst Piece of Junk I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "NONE!"

Cons: "Almost everything"

"My husband and I are Jeep lovers and have owned several Wranglers, Cherokees, and Grand Cherokees. We've NEVER had as many problems with our previous Jeeps as we've had with this piece of junk! Our transmission coolant light comes on constantly when the heat here in our desert state goes over 75 degree, the transmission is clunky when changing gears and seems like it can't ever find the proper gear and it's highly under powered. The breaks started squeaking about a month after purchasing it. The engine is sluggish and under powered. It feels like it's going to stall at stop lights and runs very noisy while idling. Very unhappy with the purchase of this Jeep. We had a car salesman tell us that this vehicle isn't made to go off road even though it has the Trail Rated badge on it because going off road causes the transmission filter to get clogged with dirt and rocks and start over heating. I should have purchased the Nissan Murano or another Jeep Wrangler which I really wanted!"

Very comfortable, smooth riding vehicle; nice size

By on Friday, April 3, 2015

Pros: "Compact size, good handling, very smooth riding"

Cons: "Poor visibility, low gas mileage, heat a/c control"

"I have enjoyed this small Jeep--it's size is good and it handles well on the road, very smooth riding (some of my passengers have commented on that). Drawbacks would include the continuously variable transmission (it can sometimes be uneven), the "stick shift" feature that can be activated by my dogs when I don't want it, limited driver's visibility, and low gas mileage. Very good on wet, slushy roads. Heating and air conditioning controls sometimes stick, and some rust has appeared inside one of the doors."

Love my Jeep!!

By on Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pros: "Drives well in all weather types"

"This is my second Jeep Compass. I liked it so much, I bought another one! I highly recommend this vehicle. I live in Minnesota, this vehicle has gotten me through many snow storms. 4 wheel drive really comes in handy here."

Asolutely trouble-free since April, 2011.

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Appreciate short turning radius, compared to my PT"

Cons: "Could use more rear storage with second row seats"

"No problems at all since purchase. 44000 miles, 60-70% highway. Comfortable ride, reasonably quiet. Gas mileage could be better, but ok at 24-26mpg at 70 mph. Don't care for CVT transmission, but resolved in newer models."

BEST SUV EVER!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive! I feel very secure behind the wheel"

Cons: "Cannot think of any cons....honestly!"

"I have a 6 speed and moved to the mountains of Frederick. I needed a 4WD. I was more impressed than I thought I would be. First, the car still has the new car smell. All of the "extras" of a LTD SUV was so overwhelming! I still have not learned every detail of each one. The only reason I want to sell my vehicle is because I am moving to Las Vegas."

Love this vehicle!

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Love everything!"

Cons: "Wish it had navigation & heated steering wheel"

"Wish it had navigation and heated steering wheel"

Ok for the money

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "good looking, great for small suv"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, sun roof controls are tiny"

"I have only had my Compass for 2 months. I went from a Liberty to a Compass thinking I would get better gas mileage - did not happen. My 2004 Liberty did the same if not better on gas - very disappointing - I basically traded in a lot of space for no reason. Should have kept my Liberty. I will probably keep the Compass for as little time as possible to get a good trade in amount."

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Great ride. Nice looking car"

Cons: "small rear window wiper"

"I love this car. It handles very well and looks great on the road. I have owned Jeeps for years~Grand Cherokees were my car of choice but I wanted a smaller car now. This was a wonderful choice. I am very pleased with my purchase."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "great price, comfortable interior"

Cons: "cheap exterior rear door handles, analog guages"

"This is a great car, no mechanical issue and super comfortable. It feels like a more expensive car, but isn't, which is great. The back outside door handles feel very flimsy and cheap. I feel like they could break at any time. The gauges are all manual, which one hand make the car feel old/cheap, but on the other it's a Jeep, it's not supposed to be fancy. Steering is heavy at low speeds, but I figure this is pretty common for SUVs. Overall, I would highly recommend picking up this vehicle. It has a low price point and good mileage for this class of vehicle. A good ride at a comfortable price."

Don't recommend it

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great engine"

Cons: "wind noise is unbearable with rear windows down."

"Clutch went out at only 25k miles. dealer charged $1,600 to fix . The clutch went out suddenly leaving me stranded. Usually a clutch will start slipping and therefore warn you but you can still drive it. It wasn't covered by the warranty.No parts in town , had to wait forever. Get this, dealer charges $750 for the clutch kit. Napa gets $300. I hear the auto trans is a real piece of work . just stay away from this car. It is a cheap piece of junk."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Style, room, and interior"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This vehicle has always been my favorite car to look at on the highway, so I was extremely happy to be able to purchase my dream car. I am definitely sticking a Jeep forever. I am so pleased with my Jeep Compass."

Excellent Value for the money

By on Monday, July 7, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, very quiet engine, supportive seats."

Cons: "Needs better oem tires, lousey in snow"

"This is the 3rd Jeep my wife and I have owned, previously a 1990 Cherokee, 2007 Liberty, and I have to say that so far this is the best. 30mpg, descent power(not a race car), good interior room. I am 6ft and 350lbs and I am very comfortable in both the drivers and passenger seats."

Yes I am still new to this vehicle

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "price - gas - interior"

Cons: "no ports in back"

"For the vehicle it is crossover suv whatever -- it is exactly what I needed in all areas"

not a real suv

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

"You can't tow anything and it has no power at all. It is roomy and gets excellent gas mileage for a SUV wanna be"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals