2010 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Love this car!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "good price, cute, comfortable"

Cons: "a little small in the back for passengers"

"For the money this is a great car. I do not haul children around any longer so I did not need a large vehicle and this was perfect. If you need to move furniture, kids or other items, this may not be right but to get back and forth to work it is the best. The gas mileage could be better and because of the weight it can be sluggish on take off but overall I have nothing but love for this car. I can fit my dog and my golf clubs and it gets me through the snow. What more can I ask?"

Great first car

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "The car is reliable and handles decently."

Cons: "The car lacks in power and trunk space."

"I got this car as my first. The car handles decently and is easy to drive. The only complaint that I have is the 4 cylinder. I like cars with more power and the compass is lacking in power. The interior is average. It is comfortable up front but in the back there is a limited amount of space. The trunk is very small though, I have issues fitting my golf clubs in the back without folding down the seats. Over all it is a decent car though. It is a reliable car for anyone in the market that needs a one or two person car, this is not a family vehicle."

OK....Except Ball Joints & Jatco CVT Transmission

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "All Wheel Drive Selector"

Cons: "CVT Transmission & Lower Ball Joint Failure"

"Not a bad little (meaning small interior space) SUV. Both lower ball joints are very poor design and wore out quickly. The CVT transmission has been overheating and slipping when driven hard. Just waiting for that transmission to go up in smoke and cost a few thousand dollars. 3 year, 36,000 warranty was poor and Jeep knows they have had huge problems with the CVT transmission reliability. I heard that later models had a "lifetime drivetrain warranty" to first owner for this reason. 2007 customers are stuck holding the bag. Alternator burned up at 105,000. Other than that its been pretty good."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "price, size, gas mileage, comfort"

Cons: "would like to remove back seat headrests"

"I drove several other vehicles and my wife liked the Compass best. I waited for the 2014 with the 6 speed auto-didn't like the CVT. Once I tried the 2014 I drove the 2.0 and the 2.4 and bought the 2.4 that same day. Just took a 1900 mile road trip and was very happy with the Compass- got between 28-32 mpg and hauled plenty of things in back. Quiet, comfortable- simple controls (couldn't stand the confusing layout on the Ford Escape). We got the Sport (base model) FWD with AC, pwr windows, 2.4 engine, 6 speed auto, for about $21,500.Added tow pkg and will tow 2000 lbs. Very happy with it, and fun to drive."

Jeep at good price

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price; good character"

Cons: "Need a little more room inside"

"I was looking for a Jeep that wouldn't break my bank, but still had style. I'm happy with it...just wish for a little more room inside (have two boys in car seats). I feel very safe though and that's important."

Love my new Jeep......

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, cargo space, easy to drive."

Cons: "seats could be more comfy"

"I purchased my 2013 Jeep Compass 3/10/13.... First I read dozens of reviews, disregarded the silly ones, like no storage room please LOOK at what storage this vehicle provides, back windshield wiper, don't like them don't purchase a vehicles this has them... I love my Jeep! Great gas mileage, a dream to drive, plenty of cargo room (at least for us, we checked it out. Love how it hugs the curves I feel very secure driving my Jeep. My only complaint so far would be the comfort of the seats (I did not test drive for 2/3 hours to see how comfortable they are. All & all I am very happy with my Jeep... I recommend this vehicle 100%.."

2010 Compass --- horrible car!!!

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Everything!! Gutless!!!"

"I have owned a 2010 Compass for almost 2 years. Gutless is being nice. No get up and go what so ever. Do not pull in front of anyone, you will get run over. Hard to see out of. Gas mileage OK. Makes a weird sound while driving slow, sounds like it has a flat tire. I own the front wheel drive. Does not drive in the snow, horrible. Will not move if it snows, brake light, ABS and traction light will go on if you try and move the car in the snow. Needs a boost to get going. Do not buy this car!! Run from this car. Worst car I have ever owned."

WE LIKE THE COMPASS

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"THE COMPASS IS A GOOD SMALL CAR, WITH 4 WHEEL DRIVE WHEN YOU WANT IT."

Get The Lifetime Warranty!!!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "The CVT transmission"

"I love this car. I do a lot of interstate driving and with the right tires, this car drives as smooth as a luxury car. However, I suggest to anyone buying this vehicle to spend a little extra and get the lifetime, wrap-around warranty. Before I had 80,000 miles on the vehicle, the transmission needed replacing. The warranty took care of it. All I had to pay was $100 deductible. My brother has the same car. Luckily, he bought the warranty because he had to have his transmission replaced at about 60,000 miles. I found thru research that it is a problem with the Compass. Don't let that sway you. It's a great car. Just get that warranty!"

Love my Compass!!

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Price, Cup holders, fun, comfortable, reliable,MPG"

Cons: "Sensitive gas petal"

"I have always owned Jeep's and this one is definitely a great car! The price is so amazing for the value you receive. I bought the car is 2011 and I have had all my routine service done on it and I have not had any problems. the only negative thing I have to say about the car is that the gas petal is very sensitive so that will have to be something to get used to ( it was a huge adjustment going from my '99 4 cylinder Wrangler to the Compass but it only took a week or so to adjust. It is very comfortable and definitely worth taking a look at and possibly test driving."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals