2009 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 361 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

No repairs after after 41,000 miles.

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "0 repairs"

"Love this car going to upgrade to new Jeep Cherokee."

The best vehicle I have owned in over 30 years.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun vehicle with no issues!"

Cons: "Ground clearance can be an issue in >10" snow"

"I am starting to look at upgrading to a new vehicle, and am going to have a hard time parting with my Compass. The Jeep has been reliable since day one, and is the best vehicle that I have owned in over 30 years of driving. Living in a snow belt, the front wheel drive has gotten me through each winter without issue (my only problems have occurred when I did not have enough ground clearance, which is rare). A pleasure to own!"

Better buy a extended warranty, Problems!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Four Wheel Auto Stick........"

Cons: "To many repairs,,,,"

"2008 new car,first two years and it was great, Then the problems,, Gear box power sterring went out, then Rear back wheel bearings, Now the Ball Joints,, and alternator , and rust starting up on the rear passenger wheel wall, Bad very bad, was told to get a Honda! CRV, A friend got the (Honda Crv) and its two years older then my Jeep, and no Problems at all just change oil, LUCKY HIM,, POOR ME ,, over $4000 out of my pocket fixing this Jeep , three people i know with the same problems,, a 2007 and a 2009 , if you got one trade it while you can,,"

I Have Loved This Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"Comfortable, convenient. Its look still seems current despite the years of ownership, because Jeep design changes very little over time. Sound system (though NOT an upgraded one) is very good. My only reservation would be that (for me and my particular physiology) the support panels between the passenger seat and the trunk space create an obstruction to my vision that is a problem. Has been very reliable.... never had a problem."

Lots of repairs needed

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "great price, good in the snow"

Cons: "repairs, faulty parts, noisy,"

"I am the only owner of this vehicle which I purchased new in 2007. Since then the tie rods have been replaced 3 times, the lower control arms/ball joints twice. There was also an issue with an axle boot that needed to be replaces. I swear every time I went in for an oil change, something was about to go (they would warn me of loose ball joints, etc.) and needed to be fixed. The tie rods were something I noticed and got fixed after having a shaky wheel at 45MPH. Cabin is very noisy, even had question if the car (when new!) was going to blow or something it is so loud. Okay for the price, but remember, it IS a CHEAP vehicle!"

so so

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Reason: mediocre quality

"adequate for what it is. wish american cars paid more attention to quality feel"

Total nightmare.

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Totally unreliable"

"AT 20 miles, my brand new 2014 Jeep Compass had all the lights on the dashboard lit. The entire computer system was defective and had to be replaced. At 300 miles, the map light had water leaking out of it and pouring into the interior of the car. Who knows how much is still in the frame, electronics, etc. Another trip to the service department and they returned it saying that the drains were clogged. I traded in a car that never, ever broke down for this car that is a NIGHTMARE!!!!! All the joy, happiness, or satisfaction of owning a new car is completely destroyed. I know that it will leak again. That will lead to mold and who knows what other damages. I used up my hard earned money on this car and now I am stuck with it. Thanks, Chrysler."

Poorly crafted, don't waste your money

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Reason: Kept falling apart

Pros: "Attractive interior and exterior"

Cons: "Mechanical components keep breaking"

"Parts keep falling apart, not a reliable vehicle."

I like it but dont love it

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "Sexy, Affordable , Pretty good gas , Good warranty"

Cons: "Noisy engine, noisy cabin , no standard gps?!?"

"This is a great car for the price . I got a sport loaded otd for 17,600. I used true car to save 3000 and got 3500 for my trade and 500 military. So I got a great deal . But the cabin is a little noisy. The 4 banger engine is defentitly wayyyyyy too noisy. But for the price ... one word. Great"

Excellent trannie, fun to drive, pulls boat

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "6 speed trannie, tows boat, fit & finish, US made"

Cons: "milege, visability"

"We had two cars, one a hybrid for mileage and an older one to tow our boat. The Compass allows us to get by with just one car. It pulls our boat very well, probably better that our previous tow vehicle. I absolutely love the Korean built 6 speed transmission. The fit and finish is excellent. The seats are very supportive as well as attractive.Initially I didn't like the high belt line of the dash, but got used to it in a short time. While vision is somewhat restricted at all four corners & at the small rear window, the rear view mirrors are better placed and it's easier to change lanes than in my previous cars. Unfortunately the rear seat headrests are not removable, which would help with visibility."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"Best 4wd Sport Utility vehicle I have ever owned. The wife loves it so much, that she makes the payment!!!! and I get to drive it all the time. great for camping, skiing, road-trips, etc. great highway mileage - 30+ on free-way/ interstate (may take it to Alaska next summer)."

Pretty on the surface, hiding a cheap car

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "pretty car"

Cons: "waste of money"

"The compass shows nice, but underneath it all its a cheap car. The Uconnect computer (if you can call it that) is worthless. My phone is 1000x's more of a computer. If you have to drive more then 30mn its uncomfortable. i could drive for 12hrs in my grand Cherokee and not be as uncomfortable as 30 mn in this thing. The cabin noise is so bad you cant hear the navigation or the radio."

The worst car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reason: lots of problems with it

"I bought this car in July 2012 and traded it in June 2013. I will never buy another Chrysler built product, ever. It was fine when I bought it, but there were a lot of "little" things at first -- like the radio would "drift" off of the station it was set to...then it started making grinding noises and was slow to accelerate. (Not good when trying to turn left in traffic). Then when the brakes started to skip, I knew it was time. Oh, yes, it was under warranty but the service department at the dealer where I purchased the car kept telling me that these things were normal. It was a dumb purchase decision (and expensive mistake) on my part, and I'd encourage anyone who asks (which, if you're reading this, I guess you are) to keep moving in your search for a "mini-ute"."

My wifes car since new, and she still Loves it.

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "ride it good. never a hint of trouble, has 110 v"

Cons: "tires, went thru 3 sets, today r new"

"since we have owned it the car has run flawlessly. Have 102,000 miles on her and still very strong. Just put our 3rd set of new 18" tires on it today. We get 25 mpg in the city, has a peppy 2.4 engine. Its all we need. Great traction too. we have the 2 wheel drive and limited model. If we were selling it today I would give it to my oldest daughter and only grandson. I trust it that much"

A great vehicle for the price!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet interior, nice appearance"

Cons: "Average sound system, slight jerk from dead stop"

Taken 7/13/2013, the day after it was purchased.

"I have never owned a Jeep before, but this was a deal I couldn't pass up for a 4x4. It looks great, runs smooth, handles like a mid-size sedan, and has good power for a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder. The turning radius is very tight, also. The only negatives I have found are a couple of the plastic parts of the interior are not the best quality, and the sound system isn't the greatest (but it's still good for a base system)."

Taken 7/13/2013, the day after it was purchased.

Worst vehicle I have owned

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, decent looks, great in snow and rain"

Cons: "So many problems"

"My 2012 has been in and out of the shop so many times, I have lost count. First was the trailer hitch assembly had been installed wrong and caused all my blinkers to flash when I hit the turn signal. Then the sunroof leaked and soaked the interior... not looking forward to the rust problems later. The front drivers side wheel makes a noise when turning left after driving long distances but the dealer finds nothing wrong. The seat belt latch has rubbed the plastic on the drivers seat, damaging the seat. Has had two recalls already for the fuel tank valve, and the computer needed updated due to something with the passenger seat belt... which now it only recognizes someone in the seat half the time to tell when their seat belt is undone when driving. When they installed the tail lights on the car at the factory, they scratched the paint. I noticed the touch up work about a week after I bought the Jeep. The rear passenger door was not installed right, and was slightly off line. Tires that came from the factory came with radial pull, which eventually pulled on my alignment... luckily the dealer covered it under warranty. I'm almost out of the warranty, and I fear I may have to just park it and let it sit rather than pay for the repairs... it's only 1 1/2 years old. On a good note, the mileage is pretty good, especially for a 4wd."

Love this car!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "good price, cute, comfortable"

Cons: "a little small in the back for passengers"

"For the money this is a great car. I do not haul children around any longer so I did not need a large vehicle and this was perfect. If you need to move furniture, kids or other items, this may not be right but to get back and forth to work it is the best. The gas mileage could be better and because of the weight it can be sluggish on take off but overall I have nothing but love for this car. I can fit my dog and my golf clubs and it gets me through the snow. What more can I ask?"

Great first car

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "The car is reliable and handles decently."

Cons: "The car lacks in power and trunk space."

"I got this car as my first. The car handles decently and is easy to drive. The only complaint that I have is the 4 cylinder. I like cars with more power and the compass is lacking in power. The interior is average. It is comfortable up front but in the back there is a limited amount of space. The trunk is very small though, I have issues fitting my golf clubs in the back without folding down the seats. Over all it is a decent car though. It is a reliable car for anyone in the market that needs a one or two person car, this is not a family vehicle."

OK....Except Ball Joints & Jatco CVT Transmission

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "All Wheel Drive Selector"

Cons: "CVT Transmission & Lower Ball Joint Failure"

"Not a bad little (meaning small interior space) SUV. Both lower ball joints are very poor design and wore out quickly. The CVT transmission has been overheating and slipping when driven hard. Just waiting for that transmission to go up in smoke and cost a few thousand dollars. 3 year, 36,000 warranty was poor and Jeep knows they have had huge problems with the CVT transmission reliability. I heard that later models had a "lifetime drivetrain warranty" to first owner for this reason. 2007 customers are stuck holding the bag. Alternator burned up at 105,000. Other than that its been pretty good."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "price, size, gas mileage, comfort"

Cons: "would like to remove back seat headrests"

"I drove several other vehicles and my wife liked the Compass best. I waited for the 2014 with the 6 speed auto-didn't like the CVT. Once I tried the 2014 I drove the 2.0 and the 2.4 and bought the 2.4 that same day. Just took a 1900 mile road trip and was very happy with the Compass- got between 28-32 mpg and hauled plenty of things in back. Quiet, comfortable- simple controls (couldn't stand the confusing layout on the Ford Escape). We got the Sport (base model) FWD with AC, pwr windows, 2.4 engine, 6 speed auto, for about $21,500.Added tow pkg and will tow 2000 lbs. Very happy with it, and fun to drive."

Jeep at good price

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price; good character"

Cons: "Need a little more room inside"

"I was looking for a Jeep that wouldn't break my bank, but still had style. I'm happy with it...just wish for a little more room inside (have two boys in car seats). I feel very safe though and that's important."

Love my new Jeep......

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, cargo space, easy to drive."

Cons: "seats could be more comfy"

"I purchased my 2013 Jeep Compass 3/10/13.... First I read dozens of reviews, disregarded the silly ones, like no storage room please LOOK at what storage this vehicle provides, back windshield wiper, don't like them don't purchase a vehicles this has them... I love my Jeep! Great gas mileage, a dream to drive, plenty of cargo room (at least for us, we checked it out. Love how it hugs the curves I feel very secure driving my Jeep. My only complaint so far would be the comfort of the seats (I did not test drive for 2/3 hours to see how comfortable they are. All & all I am very happy with my Jeep... I recommend this vehicle 100%.."

2010 Compass --- horrible car!!!

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Everything!! Gutless!!!"

"I have owned a 2010 Compass for almost 2 years. Gutless is being nice. No get up and go what so ever. Do not pull in front of anyone, you will get run over. Hard to see out of. Gas mileage OK. Makes a weird sound while driving slow, sounds like it has a flat tire. I own the front wheel drive. Does not drive in the snow, horrible. Will not move if it snows, brake light, ABS and traction light will go on if you try and move the car in the snow. Needs a boost to get going. Do not buy this car!! Run from this car. Worst car I have ever owned."

WE LIKE THE COMPASS

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"THE COMPASS IS A GOOD SMALL CAR, WITH 4 WHEEL DRIVE WHEN YOU WANT IT."

Get The Lifetime Warranty!!!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "The CVT transmission"

"I love this car. I do a lot of interstate driving and with the right tires, this car drives as smooth as a luxury car. However, I suggest to anyone buying this vehicle to spend a little extra and get the lifetime, wrap-around warranty. Before I had 80,000 miles on the vehicle, the transmission needed replacing. The warranty took care of it. All I had to pay was $100 deductible. My brother has the same car. Luckily, he bought the warranty because he had to have his transmission replaced at about 60,000 miles. I found thru research that it is a problem with the Compass. Don't let that sway you. It's a great car. Just get that warranty!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals