2009 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 371 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Best I have own American made

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"I have own several Fords and Jeeps. I have owned my Compass for 2 years. I have never had any problems with this car. I can not say that for the Fords I have owned. The gas mieage is great as long as you reailze that you are not in a V6. I can get 27 miles to the gallon city and 31 on the hwy if you excellerate slowly. I wish that the value of the car would hold up better for resale but so far it has been my favorite car I have ever owned."

Traded up from my 07 compass

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pros: "Good value for money, good driver, reliable car. much impoved over my 07 compass"

Cons: "Needs direct injection. You get this to over 30mpg on the highway it would be unbeatable."

"I had an 07 compass. After 75k I had absolutely no issues with the car. Being here in Texas, always outside, and using it more like a truck than a car it was was getting worn around the edges. It still ran fine, but I had torn up the interior a bit and it went through a hail storm, so it was time. The 11 compass takes a good vehicle and made it better. How? It drives better and tighter, it is quieter going down the road, the interior is much better laid out. I got a few creature comforts in this one that I did not have in the other one. I paid the same price for this one that I did for the last one, I get better amenities and the dealer gave me a really good deal. ONE CAVEAT, I ONLY DRIVE STICK CARS. I hate rubber band transmissions, I like to feel the road and have more control over the car. I still think this is one of the best vehicles for the amount of space and utility for the money. I don't drive them forever, but if I have no issues I have no complaints. Have a good one..."

Excellent value for the $

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Good mileage, excellent interior space, tight turning radius, great in inclement weather"

Cons: "console cup holders need to move forward"

"No complaints; excellent value, can easily handle 4 people plus luggage, good for small hauling, goo on long drives."

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

"I have and love the jeep compass! I've had it for 5 years and it has never had any issues. Very smooth and easy to drive. I love how the back is hard plastic rather than carpet so its much easier to clean and I can just toss the dogs in the back and not have to worry. Definitlty something to consider!"

I love this vehicle!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Resonably priced, nice smaller suv"

Cons: "I have no cons for either yr that i have owned"

"This is the 2nd compass that I have owned, and I love them. They completely changed the interior from the '08 that I had and it is much nicer inside and drives and rides better also. They also changed to exterior some and made it look nicer than before. It is nice to have a smaller 4x4 suv that gets good gas mileage. As long as they continue to make them, this is what I will buy when I want a new car."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "easy to control, reliable, stylish, good price"

Cons: "4 cylinder power can sometimes be weak"

"I've had this car for almost 2 years now, and I love it! It's affordable and stylish. I am a petite girl it's not too big for me and not too small.. just perfect. The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes it takes a moment to pick up speed, but thats what you get when you have a 4 cylinder and a lead foot! Gas mileage is great for an suv. I have got up to 29 miles to the gallon on road trips and the lowest I have got was 19 miles( once I got a tune up it went up to 21). I get an average of 24mpg on an everyday basis. I bought this car used and it had already had an accident. I have driven it from mid texas to northern california, and it was a comfortable and safe trip. I recommend this car to any one whos thinking of getting one. I might even upgrade to a newer one =)"

Three major repairs in three years

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Exterior and interior design, paint color"

Cons: "Reliability"

"I've owned this car for just shy of 3 years, and it has never been abused. Its size fits my lifestyle, and the car is comfortable to drive, mileage is acceptable. I bought a new vehicle so I had reliable transportation, but I'm ready to sell it and buy a used Mitsubishi. At 32,000 miles, tie rod ends had to be replaced (still under warranty). Around the same time, a major water leak began happening in heavy rain. Water would stream from the above-dash light box and switches. It was repaired by the dealer, but the day the warranty expired, the leak returned. Chrysler refuses to repair again without me paying for it. Just yesterday, dashboard icons lit up indicating a diagnostic check was necessary. A wiring problem was discovered, costing me $400 for the repair. I am reluctant to take this vehicle on a trip of any distance. I no longer feel it will reliably get me there and back without incident. I will not buy a Jeep or any other Chrysler product in the future."

Under-rated

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mileage"

"Disregard the negative reviews. This is a comfortable and stable vehicle. It won't outrun a Porsche, but it is a vastly underrated small SUV."

Put 75K on my 07. Liked it so much I bought a 2012

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Good value for a money. A better car than my 07."

Cons: "I didn't get the inverter installed like I had in my 07."

"I had an 07 5spd fwd. I put 75k on the car and never had an issue. All it did was run. I bought a 2012 and the fit and finish is much better than my 07. I bought another 5spd(Which is not common and had to be shipped in from La.) The drive train is just as tight as my 07, but: The interior finish is 10x better, it's much quieter, the ride is tighter, and with the newer radios, I have the 230 radio with blue-tooth and I love it. I did have an issue with my phone not syncing, but they replaced the control unit and it works like a charm. With the Chrysler loyalty money and the dealer discount, it came to just over 20k with ttl. If they keep this up I may buy another one when the time comes. Just a good solid car for around 20k."

I love my Compass Latitude on country roads

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "priced right, fun to drive, looks cool"

Cons: "not as comfy as my old Lincoln, but that's OK"

"It's perfect for me. Not comfy like my Lincoln was, but better for my travels here in the north woods. Good enough mileage, remote start is great feature, gadgets and visual interior laid out for simple adjustments. Good visibility. Price was affordable and looks/color are awesome. I'll report again after a few more thous. miles on the Compass .. for now, it's ggrrreeeat."

Worst purchase ever

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"At 25000 miles I had to replace front tie rods. One week later a check engine light revealed the need to replace the transmission. Over the last month the car has been in the shop 26 days because Jeep did not have tie rods in stock nor did they have a transmission available. Avoid this car."

I would buy this Jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, style, driving capabilities"

Cons: "its a crossover thats its only con."

"I have owned the Jeep for a month and it has lived up to my expectations. The Jeep drives like a car and gets decent mileage for a Jeep. I can go through a field and not have to worry if I am going to tear something up and I can whip through down town with ease like a small car. I use to own a 2001 Grand Jeep Cherokee and I loved it and I never thought I would be able to find another Jeep similar to that one without having to pay a fortune! On the outside the compass looks much better than the earlier models and it has plastic around the entire bottom of the car kind of like the early Grand Cherokee's. This is awesome because it saves my paint from rock dings because I live down a gravel road. I did sacrifice four wheel drive but with the front wheel drive helps through ice and snow and some mud.I strongly recommend this vehicle for someone with a small family that needs an affordable dependable jeep."

A great vehicle for the price!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet interior, nice appearance"

Cons: "Average sound system, slight jerk from dead stop"

Taken 7/13/2013, the day after it was purchased.

"I have never owned a Jeep before, but this was a deal I couldn't pass up for a 4x4. It looks great, runs smooth, handles like a mid-size sedan, and has good power for a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder. The turning radius is very tight, also. The only negatives I have found are a couple of the plastic parts of the interior are not the best quality, and the sound system isn't the greatest (but it's still good for a base system)."

Taken 7/13/2013, the day after it was purchased.

I Love, Love, Love this SUV

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I can't say enough about this car. I am disabled and have a hard time getting in and out of regular cars. To low. But this is the perfect height for me to slide in and out of. Plus the reliability of this car. I don't worry at all that I will get stranded anywhere. And the comfort, I have owned a Ford Escape, and it was so bumpy to ride in, but the Compass rides more like a car than an SUV. I would buy this SUV again, and I would definately recommend this car to family and friends."

DEPENDABLE AND GOOD ON ICE AND SNOW

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "GOOD GAS MILEAGE"

Cons: "SUSPENSION"

"THIS VEHICLE IS DEPENDABLE AS FAR AS THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION, THE SUSPENSION COULD BE STRONGER. PLENTY OF POWER IN THE LITTLE 4 CYLINDER ENGINE TOOK A LITTLE TIME TO GET USED TO THE TRANSMISSION BUT WORKS REALLY WELL. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR MY GRANDKIDS, SEATS ARE EASILY CLEANED. OVERALL A GOOD SUV."

Well....Its a Jeep

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"So Ive owned this car for two years now. It has about 56000 miles on it and no major problems. My gas mileage is all over the place. I think the best I got was 28 MPG and the worst 19 MPG. I did put a K&N airfilter and some quad spark platinum plugs and that seemed to REALLY improve the acceleration, HONESTLY. Like others have said it handles quite nicley for an SUV and the room inside is ok. Positives are the MPGs, the AUX jack for an IPOD, the 220v plug (got to keep the phone charged) and the on-the-fly 4X4. Overall its a good car"

My First Jeep

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"When I first saw the Compass at the 2007 auto show I said to myself, "That's going to be my next car." I bought my Compass in 08 and I love how my Jeep looks inside and out. But, it's the quality and performance that I'am very disappointed in. The interior scratches easy and the engine is sluggish when pushed. Ride quality over bumpy roads could be better. With a couple of tweaks, the Compass could be a great SUV like other SUV's in its class"

Really a great 4x4 with great looks

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Price, comfort and that Jeep look"

Cons: "No daytime running lamps and auto headlights"

"I have had this vehicle about 2 months and I love it. I have the Latitude trim line with the Altitude package in all Black. I tinted the windows a bit darker and finished the front end with film protection and put chrome mirrors and door handles on the vehicle. Boy! it really gets the stares and good comments. So far I am getting about 20mpg in the city and 26 on hwy , good but not great. Love the transmission's ability to go manual and also the Uconnect and voice command I have owned GM products previously and will definately buy a Jeep again."

Really Enjoy

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cons: "hard fit for pre fabbed racks"

"I enjoy the car drives great no problems in 4yrs of owning. People are always surprised with how much it will carry and how nice the seating easy. Great job getting around in deep snow with just all terrain tires. never gotten stuck with chains on. Best combination of a jeep and everyday drivability, and decent gas milage."

Really happy with this car!

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, compact"

Cons: "NONE"

"It's just the right size, great manueverability and steering, fantastic gas mileage, and most importantly, it's reliable. Unlike other 4cylinders I've owned, this car has never given me any trouble, only requires low cost routine maintenance and I can count on it to take me where I need to go no matter the day/time/altitude/weather."

super vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS VEHICLE!! NOT QUITE SURE IF IT IS A CAR OR AN SUV....BUT I LOVE IT! WE BOUGHT HE MANUAL 5-SPEED, FOR THE INCREASED FUEL MILAGE AND THE ESTIMATES FROM THE FACTORY ARE RIGHT ON!! I AVERAGE 26-28 CITY AND 29-30 HWY!!! SMOOTH RIDE. GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY. ONLY DOWNFALL-NOT AS MUCH STORAGE AS WE THOUGHT!!!!!"

It's a JEEP Thing

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I bought my 07 Compass in Feb 08, I got a good deal since it was a "showroom leftover". I traded in my station wagon that I thought I could never live without. This JEEP has proved me wrong. There is plenty of room for passengers, my dog and cargo. The safety features, MPG's and styling have also won my heart. I live in New England and this JEEP has held up to the elements very well and helped me get to work safely in many a snowstorm this year. I have heard of other JEEP owners talk about "it's a JEEP thing", I can say I understand them now."

awful

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"This is the worst car I've ever owned. The Compass has many blind-spots and poor gas mileage. I bought mine with a sunroof and keeps leaking through the Dome light!!!! This will be the third time bringing in for repairs in a month."

I am really glad I bought it

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Room, Comfort, 4WD, Drivability, Quality, Ride"

Cons: "Small gas tank, Mileage, & Sluggish Acceleration"

"Given the price of this vehicle I was able to upgrade to the Limited adding numerous options and the price was still very reasonable. I got the 4WD, Leather, 430N sound system with UConnect, among others. All of this adds up to a very enjoyable driving experience. I've taken this on 2 long trips with a total of 4 people in the car and everyone agreed that it is roomy and comfortable, especially for a car this size. I agree with some other reviewers who were disappointed in the small 13 gallon gas tank. Also, I thought I would get slightly better gas mileage running it in 2WD. In summary, I am really enjoying the car and would totally recommend it. The initial quality seems great. I totally love the feel of the vehicle and the ride."

So far... So good :)

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, plenty of space, beautiful interior"

Cons: "doesn't have 4x4 on my Compass :("

"I am in love with my 2010 Compass. If there would be anything that I could change, I would have bought a Compass with 4X4 drive; however I have not had the chance to play in the snow. Not saying that I will play in the snow, but it will be nice to know how the vehicle handles when there is a foot of snow laying on the ground. Also, I have just figured out how to work the slap-shift and let me say, I love it!! But, of course the mpg decreases when only using the slap-shift for take off.. lol. All-in-all... GREAT CAR at a GREAT PRICE!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals