2008 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

I am really glad I bought it

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Room, Comfort, 4WD, Drivability, Quality, Ride"

Cons: "Small gas tank, Mileage, & Sluggish Acceleration"

"Given the price of this vehicle I was able to upgrade to the Limited adding numerous options and the price was still very reasonable. I got the 4WD, Leather, 430N sound system with UConnect, among others. All of this adds up to a very enjoyable driving experience. I've taken this on 2 long trips with a total of 4 people in the car and everyone agreed that it is roomy and comfortable, especially for a car this size. I agree with some other reviewers who were disappointed in the small 13 gallon gas tank. Also, I thought I would get slightly better gas mileage running it in 2WD. In summary, I am really enjoying the car and would totally recommend it. The initial quality seems great. I totally love the feel of the vehicle and the ride."

So far... So good :)

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, plenty of space, beautiful interior"

Cons: "doesn't have 4x4 on my Compass :("

"I am in love with my 2010 Compass. If there would be anything that I could change, I would have bought a Compass with 4X4 drive; however I have not had the chance to play in the snow. Not saying that I will play in the snow, but it will be nice to know how the vehicle handles when there is a foot of snow laying on the ground. Also, I have just figured out how to work the slap-shift and let me say, I love it!! But, of course the mpg decreases when only using the slap-shift for take off.. lol. All-in-all... GREAT CAR at a GREAT PRICE!!!"

good value

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "ok on gas ,handles ok"

Cons: "bottoms out on bumpy roads ,original tires cheap!"

"during six years of driving only replaced set of tires and a battery.No major repairs"

its true to its name plate

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "price,fuel millage,its a blast to drive in the mud"

Cons: "arm rest is small"

"this little jeep is great on and off road. the compass can keep with its big brother."

my compass went back as a lemon

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"was back in the shop more in one year then what i had it to drive!!! i had so many things go on with that car then i have had with older cars!! i got in one day and it was like it was raining in side the car!!!! i only had it for a year and a haft but they did take it back as a lemon!!! good luck"

Worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 01, 2009

"I hate this car, hate it. It has been nothing but trouble. I bought my 2007 Jeep in Sept of 08, in April I had to replace the breaks and tirod ends, now in July the lower ball joints are out, it only has 50,000 miles. Chysler will not stand behind thier product, they say it is normal wear and tear. I will never by Chysler again. Back to Ford for me"

AWESOME LITTLE JEEP

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I'VE HAD MY COMPASS FOR A LITTLE OVER A YEAR NOW AND I LOVE IT! WHEN THE GAS PRICES STARTED TO GET HIGH, I STARTED LOOKING TO TRADE OFF MY GRAND CHEROKEE, (I WAS PAYING $80 A WEEK TO FILL UP!) I READ A FEW REVIEWS AND WENT TO LOOK AT THE COMPASS. AFTER A TEST DRIVE I WAS HOOKED. I LOVE MY LITTLE JEEP. IT GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE, I USUALLY AVERAGE 25/27 mpg's, AND ONLY COSTS ME $20 A WEEK TO FILL UP. COMPARED TO MY CHEROKEE, THAT REALLY ADDS UP!. I LOVE THE 4-WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM, IT'S NEVER LET ME DOWN, AND I'VE DRIVEN THROUGH JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING BEING IN WISCONSIN. IT HANDLES LIKE A DREAM. AS MY FIANCE CALLS IT: A SPORTS CAR ON STEROIDS! THE ONLY THING THAT COULD BE A LITTLE BETTER ARE THE SEATS. DON'T GET ME WRONG THEY ARE COMFORTABLE, BUT ON LONGER TRIPS (MORE THAN TWO HOURS) THEY CAN GET TO BE A LITTLE STIFF ON THE BUM. I HAVE THE 2.4 I4 DOC WITH THE CVT II, GREAT ON POWER AND FUN TO DRIVE. A LITTLE LAG TIME DUE TO THE TRANSMISSION, BUT YOU GET USED TO IT. EVEN HAS ENOUGH POWER TO SQUEAL THE TIRES! I WOULD RECOMMEND THE SUV TO ANYONE THAT IS LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY AT THE PUMP, YET STILL HAVE ALL THE 4x4 CAPABILITIES THE LARGER SUV's HAVE. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!"

Rattle Trap

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 3 months and would never buy another one. After the first month things started making noises and it hesitates when taking off. I HATE this vehicle and will trade it off even tho I will have to trade way up just to be somewhat even."

good vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"only thing that i wish was that it had a little more room in the backseat. overall a good deal for the money"

Trustworthy

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I just bought my "baby" in October (my first suv and Jeep) and have been pleased. I'm a mom and wanted the security and safety of driving a 4wd in the snow and brutal weather of Utah and I have loved how it has performed so far. It seems to handle as well or better than larger 4wd suvs on slick roads. it won't take you from zero to 60 in 2 seconds, but it does manuver well and responds to a good push on the gas pedal to giddy-up and go. Great little suv for the buck."

Dependable

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"The Compass has been a very dependable vehicle for me. Not bad on style, gas mileage, & comfort. It's exceptionally good in snowy conditions as a 4by4. Good cross-over vehicle in my opinion & would give high marks for highway driving, also. Holds the road well & fun to drive."

WE LIKE THE COMPASS

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"THE COMPASS IS A GOOD SMALL CAR, WITH 4 WHEEL DRIVE WHEN YOU WANT IT."

Love it

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Great Price and available upgrades"

Cons: "Cub Holders in back,Odd. Hate the backdoor handles"

"Wanted a Cherokee but due to the gas Mileage, it just was not worth the additional cost. I compromised with this. I upgraded to Leather seats and I Love it. It is a nice solid vehicle and so far I have no complaints"

Excellent vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage for an SUV"

Cons: "Would like the cross bars for luggage rack."

"All around, this vehicle has been great. The only two negatives I find is that it is often difficult to get an all around clear view when backing out of a space, due to the headrests, but that's in any car. Also, back seat occupants have complained about the comfort level on longer trips, which has never affected me, so it's not huge!"

Amazing Vehicle!!!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "amazing looks, comfort, my gig, sunroof!!"

"I sold my jeep liberty 2007 for this crossover and I am not disappointed!! It is a good car with a lot of features and amenities, also is very comfortable. About the wind noise and sound of the CVT, I really don't understand the comments, because I haven't experienced anything like that driving in highway and streets. I have the compass limited 4x2 with my gig, nav and 18" rims!! I enjoy the ride!!!!"

Great vehicle, would def recommend

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Love my Jeep, but being a tall guy,(6'8") there isnt quite the leg room to give this Jeep a 5 star rating. Everything else is great tho. Also, some models dont come with cruise control, make sure, it surprised me to find that mine didnt have it....makes for a longer road trip without it."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage, good mechanically , nice styling"

"This car has been a pleasure to drive"

Perfect for college students..

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"I commute to college everyday 17 miles going and 17 miles back and the gasoline can get costly. This vehicle is great on gas! The tank size is around 13 or less and its averaging about 25mpg for me, which is much better than my former vehicle. The interior design is nice, they could have made it a bit more comfortable though. The car is very safe when it comes to it's safety features. I like that it gives you a reading for your tire pressure and also your fuel economy. It's a nice, fun car to drive. The speaker system is wonderful too! Has cruise control, ESP which is great in slippery conditions and 4wd! Safety is key in this vehicle I have noticed.. I would definitely recommend it"

Gas saving off road

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"This is an amazing car! I love it so much and there are very few out there that are like it. REAL 4x4 and saves gas well. Comfortable and handy with its removable flashlight, ac plug, and completely flat folding down seats (except for the driver, because the steering wheel). We need more SUVs that are good on gas and able to handle rough roads like this one. There isn't a place I couldn't pass yet that wasn't 4 feet of water and mud. I live in Colorado and own cabins in Montana, so I know its been exposed to some fun stuff and its always getting me where I need to go. If you want to go over big mud puddles (mudding) then the compass isn't for you... Obviously. With the right driving skills this compass has gotten places where drivers of wranglers thought they would have a hard time! Skill patience and knowing that every car does bottom out at some point will get you where you want to go, while saving gas! BTW, the stereo is THE BEST stock stereo me or my brother have ever heard."

nice crossover

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"I bought an 07 used in December of 09 and it's been very reliable. It is pretty inexpensive, yet it doesn't seem to be cheaply made as it's got 50000 miles and there have been absolutely zero problems mechanically besides a bit of battery corrosion I occasionally clean. Only problems to me are that the engine can get really loud for it's less than stellar acceleration and between 4400-6000 RPM there is absolutely no difference, but it's adequate. (They fixed this for the 09 and beyond models) It handles exceptionally and the 4WD drive is nice. You have to keep a firm grip on the wheel for highway driving though as it seems to make you work harder to turn the wheel at high speeds, but once again not a real problem. As far as comfort goes, the seats feel great, only problem on long drives is that if you tend to lean one elbow on the door, it can get very uncomfortable because of the hard plastic. All in all though it is a nice little vehicle, especially for the price."

Very nice

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I finally got rid of my old, chronically broken 300M last January for a brand spankin' new 2009 Jeep Compass, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Despite a horrific winter (in which four wheel drive performed admirably) and living in a college town with awful roads, this car has stood up quite well (though I don't drive all that much, ~9000 miles a year). It is fun to drive and has impressive handling. The CVT takes getting used to, but if you learn to drive -well- with it then passing and getting on the highway are not really a problem and gas mileage is decent. CVT can be a bit noisy. 4WD lock is nice. The revamped interior of the 2009 model is pretty nice and quite comfortable. Leg room in the back can be scarce for tall people (which is to be expected from a small crossover), though there is plenty up front. Blind spots aren't bad as mirrors give a good range of view. Bought with premium sound which is nice! Drink holders are great, both in front and back. Plenty of storage and little nooks to put things if you'd like. Overall, this car fits my life quite well and I couldn't be happier. My only problem in nearly a year of driving was that a bug got stuck in my sunroof water drain that caused some minor leaking, but that was easy to fix and cost me nothing, and I can't really blame Chrysler for it!"

I'll NEVER buy another Chrysler product.

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"I really hate this car. I've had 3, what I consider, major problems with it all ready. What next. Don't feel comfortable driving it anymore. Chrysler does nothing about the "flaws". I mean they fix them but what about the others out there. I had less then 6,000 miles on it when the break sensor went out that left me stranded. Then the rear hub went bad. Then I had an awful noise when I turned on the fan. It now has under 30,000 miles and if the financial situation was better Chrysler or someone else could have the headache."

I love it

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Great gas mileage for a 4wd. I've been getting about 25 average. Plenty of room and comfortable. The 4wd system works great. I've taken it out on the beach fishing and it has got me through every snowstorm so far. I've had it about a year and a half. Great car for the money. Highly recommended."

Awesome Crossover

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I am a jeep fanatic. My wife and I currently own a compass and a 2000 Cherokee Sport. We bought the compass about a year ago and have not been dissapointed. For the low price this vehicle has been great. It sports a 2.4 4 cylinder and I have towed a trailer with a motorcycle on it several times and this lil badboy performs very well. With proper incentives you can pick one up for around 14 thousand new (4x4) and the 2WD is even less. I would chose this over a grand cherokee any day although I still favor the cherokees and wranglers (I've owned a couple of each and they are great) I would NEVER buy a grand Cherokee. It's the only bad jeep I know of! Compass is a great little runner for a very small amount of cash!"

Really great Car

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I love this car own it for over a year and love it. Tha maintenance is very easy. You can do almost everything at home. the gas milage it is really good I get about 26mpg in average. Smoth, very smoth ride... 100% percomended to a family member... I live in Minnesota where the weather is very strong and hard on cars. You have to buy it!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals