• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 361 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Worst vehicle I have owned

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, decent looks, great in snow and rain"

Cons: "So many problems"

"My 2012 has been in and out of the shop so many times, I have lost count. First was the trailer hitch assembly had been installed wrong and caused all my blinkers to flash when I hit the turn signal. Then the sunroof leaked and soaked the interior... not looking forward to the rust problems later. The front drivers side wheel makes a noise when turning left after driving long distances but the dealer finds nothing wrong. The seat belt latch has rubbed the plastic on the drivers seat, damaging the seat. Has had two recalls already for the fuel tank valve, and the computer needed updated due to something with the passenger seat belt... which now it only recognizes someone in the seat half the time to tell when their seat belt is undone when driving. When they installed the tail lights on the car at the factory, they scratched the paint. I noticed the touch up work about a week after I bought the Jeep. The rear passenger door was not installed right, and was slightly off line. Tires that came from the factory came with radial pull, which eventually pulled on my alignment... luckily the dealer covered it under warranty. I'm almost out of the warranty, and I fear I may have to just park it and let it sit rather than pay for the repairs... it's only 1 1/2 years old. On a good note, the mileage is pretty good, especially for a 4wd."

Love this car!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "good price, cute, comfortable"

Cons: "a little small in the back for passengers"

"For the money this is a great car. I do not haul children around any longer so I did not need a large vehicle and this was perfect. If you need to move furniture, kids or other items, this may not be right but to get back and forth to work it is the best. The gas mileage could be better and because of the weight it can be sluggish on take off but overall I have nothing but love for this car. I can fit my dog and my golf clubs and it gets me through the snow. What more can I ask?"

Great first car

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "The car is reliable and handles decently."

Cons: "The car lacks in power and trunk space."

"I got this car as my first. The car handles decently and is easy to drive. The only complaint that I have is the 4 cylinder. I like cars with more power and the compass is lacking in power. The interior is average. It is comfortable up front but in the back there is a limited amount of space. The trunk is very small though, I have issues fitting my golf clubs in the back without folding down the seats. Over all it is a decent car though. It is a reliable car for anyone in the market that needs a one or two person car, this is not a family vehicle."

OK....Except Ball Joints & Jatco CVT Transmission

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "All Wheel Drive Selector"

Cons: "CVT Transmission & Lower Ball Joint Failure"

"Not a bad little (meaning small interior space) SUV. Both lower ball joints are very poor design and wore out quickly. The CVT transmission has been overheating and slipping when driven hard. Just waiting for that transmission to go up in smoke and cost a few thousand dollars. 3 year, 36,000 warranty was poor and Jeep knows they have had huge problems with the CVT transmission reliability. I heard that later models had a "lifetime drivetrain warranty" to first owner for this reason. 2007 customers are stuck holding the bag. Alternator burned up at 105,000. Other than that its been pretty good."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "price, size, gas mileage, comfort"

Cons: "would like to remove back seat headrests"

"I drove several other vehicles and my wife liked the Compass best. I waited for the 2014 with the 6 speed auto-didn't like the CVT. Once I tried the 2014 I drove the 2.0 and the 2.4 and bought the 2.4 that same day. Just took a 1900 mile road trip and was very happy with the Compass- got between 28-32 mpg and hauled plenty of things in back. Quiet, comfortable- simple controls (couldn't stand the confusing layout on the Ford Escape). We got the Sport (base model) FWD with AC, pwr windows, 2.4 engine, 6 speed auto, for about $21,500.Added tow pkg and will tow 2000 lbs. Very happy with it, and fun to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals