2007 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 368 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"bought this for my daughter in dec 07' as an early christmas/graduation present. we were shopping for a wrangler, but when she saw this 08' black compass w/Rallye sports package...she fell in love. great teenage car. great price, great all around. no problems other than trying to get my daughter to stay home. a real head turner."

I love this vehicle...

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I purchased my Compass new. I traded down from a leased Grand Cherokee. I had to drive every day, in New England, for the past 11/2 yrs 50 miles each day to work, and 50 miles back. For an SUV, it got me great gas mileage, and never let me down. I recently relocated to Florida, where I towed a trailer behind me. It took the hills of West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, etc., with NO problems. If you want an SUV that looks like a family car, get yourself a Compass. You WON'T be sorry!!!"

Function Over Form

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"The Highs: Very comfortable seats and good ergonomics; real-world mileage of 23-24 City and 27-30 Highway; solid car-like handling; good brakes; standard safety features such as stability control and anti-lock brakes; available upscale options. The Lows: No power seat available; blind spots; cruise control not standard; somewhat bland interior. The So-So's: Performance is adequate for a four cylinder, but nothing special. To me, this is a practical choice of vehicle for people who want the functionality of an SUV without the high sticker price and gas mileage penalty. I am very pleased with mine and would probably buy the same again."

Luv my Jeep Compass

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Auctlly wasn't even looking for a new car. My 03 dodge stratus needed new brakes and was taking it in to get fixed. Saw the Jeep Compass Rallye and had to test drive it. Great SUV for the money Gets Good gas millage. Ended up trading in the car and getting the compass! This vehicle does have a few blind spots but so does every vehicle i have ever owned. I love the style and comfort. i've had no problems it gets ALOT of looks going down the road. Nobody around has one like mine and i LOVE it! Over all performance of vehicle is a 5! Im getting almost 30 mpg in my jeep."

disappointed

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Very dissapointed in this purchase. The vehicle did not accelerate well, and the fuel mileage is atrocious."

poor choice

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"gas milage not what posted, avg 23 mpg hwy/local. raer cargo area small. Car msrp too high for what one gets."

Jeep at good price

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price; good character"

Cons: "Need a little more room inside"

"I was looking for a Jeep that wouldn't break my bank, but still had style. I'm happy with it...just wish for a little more room inside (have two boys in car seats). I feel very safe though and that's important."

I drove 7 small SUV and this is the best value

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Price comfort style"

Cons: "Gas mileage could better"

"So surprised glad I drove it was not even thinking of the jeep brand"

I love the car

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

"I feel safe in this car. best car i ever had"

Nice bottom line car

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I have had this car since mile one. The car dose have its problems but is a nice starter car. The interior dose have hard edges and is not the smoothest ride. The fold down seats in the back allow for lots of room. the car came with a nice sound system and never had to up grade it. The car gets decent gas milage ( it is still a jeep) and handles well off road with the 4x4. I have taken it off road and been able to keep up with the big boys."

Very good gas mileage, nice looking.

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

"I have the 4x4 and I am very happy with this little jeep. I went from a Jeep Liberty 4x4 put 87000 miles on it. With no problems. I love my jeeps. I know that the Compass is not like a truck like the Liberty was,but I would rather have the gas mieage."

Good car, my wife picked it

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Good on Gas"

Cons: "Not much power,"

"Good car, best on gas. My wife picked it. Was not sure I would like it, but it has become a great car ! I am glade with gas costing what it does that we have it."

Great Car - Not as tough as I hoped.

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Price, Appearance, Room"

Cons: "Alignment and tire issues."

"This is a great vehicle. When I began looking for a new vehicle, my biggest conerns where room and safety. The compass is very roomy and I can get a car seat in and out of it easily. This past winter, I was one of the few people in my area who were able to get out in the snow and the Jeep did a great job keeping me out of ditches! As a bonus I also get tons of complements on the Compass! My concern with the Compass is that I've had lots of trouble with the alignment and tires. I'll be the first to admit that I'm hard on cars. I do a ton of running around and we live in a hilly, rural area that requires me to drive on uneven and dirt roads. However, my hope was in buying a crossover Jeep that it would be able to withstand the kind of driving I put it through and it's fallen short. I'm looking at my second set of tires (you have to replace all four at the same time) and my second alignment. That's left me a little disapointed - but I plan on staying in my Compass until it kicks the bucket and plan to by another one after!"

This has been an excellent reliable vehicle for me

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "roomy, smooth drive, reliable."

"I have found the Jeep compass to be quiet, and comfortable in driving (especially in long distance). I like the way it makes turns into short spaces. I also like the classy sporty look."

Best Vehicle ever owned!

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great gas mileage, cargo space"

Cons: "small 4 cyl engine"

"I love the new mini grand cherokee makeover on this compass!! It is soo awesome! I drive this SUV daily. I am able to haul more stuff in the cargo space than my previous car that i owned. Better gas mileage on highway. I get 27 mpg on the highway and 22 in city. which is not bad for a Crossover Suv that has the capability of doing anything. I have not tried driving it in the snow yet. I am waiting to try it out when it snows in Kentucky this winter. It's so roomy for me and my parnter we travel and we are a boxer breeder and we deliver boxers to new owners in this Compass. I have had so many people ask us about it and we tell them the details on how we love this compass. Great family suv for anyone who has a small family of 5 or less. Will most likely buy another Jeep brand!"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"Great vehicle! Great mileage and rides smooth."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "Great price for a car with so much specs"

"The new Jeep Compass is a great car specially for a teenager. I bought my kid this car, it's perfect in space, gas, and it's technology. I was looking for a affordable car and he wanted an economic and technological one. Finally we found it, with the all new Jeep Compass."

Love It!

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Great car for running errands and enough room for two of us to take long trips including luggage."

Great small SUV

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"We bought a new 2011 Compass Latitude edition not to long ago. It's really fun and the size is just about perfect. It's like a big car but still has some SUV qualities. If you need to go up a mountain, don't buy this. If you plan on living in a city, then it's perfect for you. My only gripe is the engine. The 4 cylinder is weak and it takes a second to think about speeding up. But it has the autostick shift feature, so you can spool out the gears and shift manually if you really want some extra pickup. The backseats aren't as roomy as I first thought, but if you need extra cargo space you can easily drop down both backseats and the passenger front seat. With them all down, you can actually haul around an 8' ladder. Not to shabby for a little SUV. The gas mileage is awesome (which is also why the engine is so small). We got the upgraded Sun & Sound package so our Compass has the sunroof and the nice Boston Acoustic speaker system. The Sirius radio is amazing. No more repeated songs constantly playing on your local FM stations. A great little crossover. If you can afford it, get the 4x4 for piece of mind in the winter if your locale requires it, otherwise the 4x2 with the autostick will get you where you need to go. For the price, you can't beat it!!"

Fun Car

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Fun to drive,Plenty of power . Get a lot of compliments as we got it in Black with the Rallye package. Interior finish loooks nice but flimsy. Under the hood there are sharp sheet metal edges you can cut your self on , the sheet metal should be folded over to provide a finished edge again cheap finish work. have had the car for 18 months no trouble at all ,I basically love the car but wish it was finished of nicer."

Runs great but is made cheaply

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I bought my Jeep three years ago and immediately after leaving the lot I started noticing a strange noise coming from the engine. Like a whistling noise when I was idling. I took it in right away to see what it was and I was told there was nothing wrong it was just the noise the engine makes. Ever since this noise has driven me crazy. Also certain parts of the vehicle has been cheaply made. The jeep has not had any problems and I haven't even needed to get new breaks yet. There is no cruise control in my car and I live 1000 miles away from home so this annoys me. Also I had a daughter about a year after buying the car and now that she is two years old, her car seat takes up the entire back seat. Unless you are a size one, you will not be able to fit in the back seat."

Jeep compass

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"I've loved driving my Compass. Stangers often inquire as to what the car is and how I like it."

Excellent mid-sized, mid-priced crossover

By on Saturday, August 07, 2010

"2007 model bought new. Excellent purchase. No problems at all. Surprisingly roomy and comfortable interior. Great Handling (i've only ever owned manual drive cars). Surprising that there are so few on the road"

Just So So

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"This is a NO frills vehicle that drives great in the snow. If you like to take long rides or have a far commute the seat is not that comfortable. It is a basic car that will get you from point a to point b. It has been very reliable and any issues have been covered under the warranty. I just had to replace a ball joint and control arm. It is great on gas but the tank is small. The trunk floor is all plastic & removable which is great for hauling dirty items like trees and plants. Just hose the floor off and you are good to go. I wish the control arms on the steering column weren't so congested. one arm controls 4 things like lights, wiper blades and turn signals. so if you need to turn your interior lights on you might get the wipers instead."

Good for College Students with tall Friends

By on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I've had this vehicle since I started college and I really have enjoyed it especially driving around with friends. My friends enjoy going in my car because they are on avg 6'2, and they have plenty of legroom in the back seat. its also handy to pick up large amounts of groceries, Tv's, computers, office printers etc., I haven't really liked that my four wheel drive model avg's about 20 mpg but the fuel tank is about 14 gals so it's not to expensive to fill up."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals