2007 Jeep Compass

7.2

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

I love my Compass Latitude on country roads

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "priced right, fun to drive, looks cool"

Cons: "not as comfy as my old Lincoln, but that's OK"

"It's perfect for me. Not comfy like my Lincoln was, but better for my travels here in the north woods. Good enough mileage, remote start is great feature, gadgets and visual interior laid out for simple adjustments. Good visibility. Price was affordable and looks/color are awesome. I'll report again after a few more thous. miles on the Compass .. for now, it's ggrrreeeat."

Worst purchase ever

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"At 25000 miles I had to replace front tie rods. One week later a check engine light revealed the need to replace the transmission. Over the last month the car has been in the shop 26 days because Jeep did not have tie rods in stock nor did they have a transmission available. Avoid this car."

Never failed me

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Sturdy construction, lots of room."

Cons: "less than 30 mpg hwy"

"I am a female owner of his car for 5 years. I put over 160k on it myself. Cost of ownership has been low. Only regular maintainance has been needed. I could do the tune up myself. Easy to change the oil at home, too. It has been a great car."

I would buy this Jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, style, driving capabilities"

Cons: "its a crossover thats its only con."

"I have owned the Jeep for a month and it has lived up to my expectations. The Jeep drives like a car and gets decent mileage for a Jeep. I can go through a field and not have to worry if I am going to tear something up and I can whip through down town with ease like a small car. I use to own a 2001 Grand Jeep Cherokee and I loved it and I never thought I would be able to find another Jeep similar to that one without having to pay a fortune! On the outside the compass looks much better than the earlier models and it has plastic around the entire bottom of the car kind of like the early Grand Cherokee's. This is awesome because it saves my paint from rock dings because I live down a gravel road. I did sacrifice four wheel drive but with the front wheel drive helps through ice and snow and some mud.I strongly recommend this vehicle for someone with a small family that needs an affordable dependable jeep."

A great vehicle for the price!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet interior, nice appearance"

Cons: "Average sound system, slight jerk from dead stop"

Taken 7/13/2013, the day after it was purchased.

"I have never owned a Jeep before, but this was a deal I couldn't pass up for a 4x4. It looks great, runs smooth, handles like a mid-size sedan, and has good power for a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder. The turning radius is very tight, also. The only negatives I have found are a couple of the plastic parts of the interior are not the best quality, and the sound system isn't the greatest (but it's still good for a base system)."

Taken 7/13/2013, the day after it was purchased.

I Love, Love, Love this SUV

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I can't say enough about this car. I am disabled and have a hard time getting in and out of regular cars. To low. But this is the perfect height for me to slide in and out of. Plus the reliability of this car. I don't worry at all that I will get stranded anywhere. And the comfort, I have owned a Ford Escape, and it was so bumpy to ride in, but the Compass rides more like a car than an SUV. I would buy this SUV again, and I would definately recommend this car to family and friends."

DEPENDABLE AND GOOD ON ICE AND SNOW

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "GOOD GAS MILEAGE"

Cons: "SUSPENSION"

"THIS VEHICLE IS DEPENDABLE AS FAR AS THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION, THE SUSPENSION COULD BE STRONGER. PLENTY OF POWER IN THE LITTLE 4 CYLINDER ENGINE TOOK A LITTLE TIME TO GET USED TO THE TRANSMISSION BUT WORKS REALLY WELL. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR MY GRANDKIDS, SEATS ARE EASILY CLEANED. OVERALL A GOOD SUV."

Well....Its a Jeep

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"So Ive owned this car for two years now. It has about 56000 miles on it and no major problems. My gas mileage is all over the place. I think the best I got was 28 MPG and the worst 19 MPG. I did put a K&N airfilter and some quad spark platinum plugs and that seemed to REALLY improve the acceleration, HONESTLY. Like others have said it handles quite nicley for an SUV and the room inside is ok. Positives are the MPGs, the AUX jack for an IPOD, the 220v plug (got to keep the phone charged) and the on-the-fly 4X4. Overall its a good car"

My First Jeep

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"When I first saw the Compass at the 2007 auto show I said to myself, "That's going to be my next car." I bought my Compass in 08 and I love how my Jeep looks inside and out. But, it's the quality and performance that I'am very disappointed in. The interior scratches easy and the engine is sluggish when pushed. Ride quality over bumpy roads could be better. With a couple of tweaks, the Compass could be a great SUV like other SUV's in its class"

Really a great 4x4 with great looks

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Price, comfort and that Jeep look"

Cons: "No daytime running lamps and auto headlights"

"I have had this vehicle about 2 months and I love it. I have the Latitude trim line with the Altitude package in all Black. I tinted the windows a bit darker and finished the front end with film protection and put chrome mirrors and door handles on the vehicle. Boy! it really gets the stares and good comments. So far I am getting about 20mpg in the city and 26 on hwy , good but not great. Love the transmission's ability to go manual and also the Uconnect and voice command I have owned GM products previously and will definately buy a Jeep again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Compass near Honolulu. See local deals