2010 Jeep Commander

7.8

Based on 691 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

I Love IT!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "gas milege"

"I really really luv my jeep! I am writing a review b cuz I always look at review to help me when I purchase anything of great value-so I hope this helps. This jeep rides great,handles great & does awesome in bad weather! I drive approx. an hour to work so on bad winter days (I live in the country-most roads aren't cleared)I need 4whl drive-this jeep is amazing. The ONLY problem I have w/it is the gas milage. 17 mpg not good. So if that doesn't bother u thn I think u will too luv this jeep."

BEST Vehicle I have EVER Owned!!

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Appearance, fun to drive, hauling power"

"I bought my Commander 2 years ago. I have the V8 5.7 Hemi. I pull our horse and trailer with in and never had any issues with power. I have never had any issues with mechanical breakdown. I love the heated leather seats, amount of interior room, and all the extra little luxuries. Yes, the gas mileage isn't the best but for all those people who complain....really?? you can't find another vehicle with a 5.7 Hemi that gets great gas mileage, so get over it. I would recommend a Commander for anyone looking for a great looking (I have people who turn heads when I drive by them), reliable, and family friendly SUV. Drives great in our unpredictable WI winters. Only drawback is the fact they stopped making them because I would definately by another."

Love it

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, sexy, tough, lots of room"

Cons: "blind spots, little leg room in backseat"

"I love driving this vehicle. It's easy to manuever and a dream to park as an SUV. The gas milage is a little low, but good for a vehicle of its size. Only downside is little leg room in the back seat and difficulty seeing over the backseat when trying to change lanes, as the back seat is raised significantly. Otherwise, I love this truck - owned it for 3 years."

Great overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Ton of Power, Fun to Drive, Very comfortable"

Cons: "Low Gas Mileage"

"I have had this car for 6 years, and it has 154,131 miles on it and runs great! I have fun driving it everyday with its 5.7l hemi. It has never broke down on me, with only minimal maintanence. It works great in the snow, and towing boats, trailers, etc is easy. It has good room in the front but not as much in the back, but I am always comfortable. Only drawback in my eyes is the low gas milage, I have been getting about 14.2 mpg. Since I have the Hemi, it gets expensive having to pay for the 89 octane gas. It is also is great off roading. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone with kids, that also wants to have a little fun when they drive."

Nice Rig! 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, SOUND, OFF ROAD ABLITY!"

Cons: "Small 3rd row and not comfy for the passangers."

"Its a very NICE rig. I got mine at CarMax and no problems at all from it. Just a bad set of tires (That CarMax fixed with no problem.) The 3rd row has okay leg room but the seat is only about 5 inches off the floor, but it has climate control back there all on its own so it is at a good temp. If you have the 3rd row up you can forget about cargo though; it has about a 4 inch deep and 1 1/2 inch tall cargo room behind it. The seats fold very east though. With them down you have plenty of room and with the 2nd row down you have tons of room. The middle row reclines and has a entertainment center in it with cool little sun roofs over your head. VERY COOL RIG. You get tons of safety features with it too, rain sensing windshield wipers, auto dimming high beams. GREAT RIG! Just not that comfortable for the back passengers."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, February 7, 2010

"This SUV is a real pleasure to own. The main problem I have with it is deciding whether my wife or I will drive it since we both love it so much. I have the HEMI engine with the Overland package so it is fully loaded with navigation, back set TV, sun roof, and power everything. The acceleration is incredible - it is one of the fastest SUVs out there - and it handles very well. It does not feel top heavy like some larger SUVs, yet, with 7 available seats, you can still haul a lot of people if needed. The interior is luxurious while still retaining the Jeep ruggedness. And the outside has a very polished look with the traditional Jeep styling. I have received many compliments about how good it looks. You can pay more for less but why. I strongly recommend this vehicle."

Real y Love my jeep best car Ever

By on Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pros: "It fíts in my Garage, and has lost of Room"

"First owner, out of dealership and never had a problem did changed the Battery once in 7 years. In my opinion the jeep looks even better now that is "old" new cars now days just have a futuristic ugly desing."

GREAT TO DRIVE

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"PROS- GREAT LOOKING, GREAT RUNNING, HANDLES WELL ON DIRT ROADS, WINDSHIELD IS AWAY FROM YOU 9GREAT FOR SAFETY), NO MECHANICAL ISSUES (KNOCK ON WOOD). SEATS ARE EASY TO MOVE. CONS- DOESN'T PASS A GAS STATION. TIRE SENSOR LIGHT COME ON IN COOLER WEATHER. CLOTH SEATS STAIN'S EASILY, EVEN FROM WATER. FRONT SEAT GRAB BARS ARE CLOSE TO DASH, NEEDS TO BE MORE REACHABLE WHEN VEHICLE IS BEING DRIVEN. SUN -VISORS NEED EXTENSIONS WHEN IN SIDE POSITION."

ONE OF THE BEST CARS WE HAVE EVER OWNED!!!!

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, powerful, reliable, sturdy"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought our Commander 4x4 8 cyl new back in 2006. It has been an unbelievably great car! It has 65,000 miles on it and has never had any mechanical issues. When we first bought it, the dealership had to replace the windshield because it wasn't sealed properly, but that has been it. It is very comfortable, handles very well in snow and ice and has more than enough power. It is so easy to drive and is extremely comfortable for the driver, as well as the passengers. The children love it because they sit up higher than most cars and suvs and have a great view. The third row seats are also very comfortable and have great visibility. We love our car and would recommend it to anyone."

Bad 2006

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"We bought this vehicle new. This was our 6th jeep. Had ball joint replaced under 10k, vehicle had stalling issues that were repaired, had to replace all 4 brakes and rotors by 20000 miles due to major vibrations when braking. Air bag light comes on while driving or stopped . This light is the warning light between the tach and speedometer. When on airbags WILL NOT DEPLOY!!No one could figure out why. Most recent vehicle wouldn't start after driving it to the store and finally just turned over. Vehicle is now a lemon. If chrysler would have tried to right us we'd buy new again...not now. I personally would not buy a 2006 commander. One of the highest lemoned vehicles."

Best value I've ever had

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"We've owned this 2006 Commander for over 2 years and have been very pleasantly surprised with every aspect of the vehicle - economy, power, quality, style, and comfort. We are especially pleased with how it handles on icy and snowy road conditions here in South Dakota - it is actually hard to get it in trouble on bad roads! Our only complaint is the position of the headrests - otherwise we would not change a thing."

worst vehicle I've had

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"This jeep was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. It gave me problems from the start. within the first year all rotors and brakes needed to be replaced, the sunroof leaked within the first 6 mos, and is still leaking. Theres actually been floods in my car and the starter went twice.I'll NEVER buy a jeep again!!!!"

Birds a Chirpin

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"I love my Commander I bought one when they came out in 06. I now have 70000 miles on mine and have had no problems with it to date. I do however find it comforting that many other reviewers are having the chirping/whistling sound at higher speeds. I thought that I was the only one. This is the only problem I have had with the car and on long trips the whislte that lasts 4.5 hours can drive you a bit mad."

Very Poor quality in design & system

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We have had nothing but trouble with vehicle, horrible wind noise , computer malfunctions with airbags, lights not work regularly.....comfort is good.....dealer said do not bring this vehicle to us.....declare as lemon.....Chrysler will not even talk to us!! Sent registered letters with no response."

Rugged but flawed!

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pros: "Took a lickin and keeps on ticken"

Cons: "Gas milage and seat stains"

"I have owned this SUV for 5years/50,000 miles and have several observations. First off, immediately after purchasing my family and I survived a 55mph collision without more than soft tissue damage. It has been rebuilt and driven w/o issue since. A rugged SUV! Thats the good. Now my issues: Gas milage V-6 is consistently 16-18 mpg with a soft foot. Driver blind spots due to stadium seating, adults sit to high in back stadium seat and can't see out, Think car sick!. Starter sits exposed to road salt and has been replaced 3 times The dealer told me this issue. The cloth seats permanently stain when exposed to moisture, very loaded with plastic inside and out, steering is sensitive with a high CG and scary for inexperienced drivers. Not my teenaged drivers favorite vehicle."

Reliable and safe with style!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"I bought this car from a friend who took care of it pretty well since 2007. It has been my favorite car I've owned in the last 14 years! It handles extremely well in the Midwest snow (I have the 4x4 with SmartTrac technology) then in the summer it maintains a classy look. I can take it to business meetings, hunting trips, road trips and pull my boat and it rises to the occasion for all events! The V-6 isn't real powerful and my boat is small so I don't know if I would recommend the V-6 for hauling a lot of weight. Very happy with the Jeep!"

Absolutely love this car/truck!totally reliable!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "Holds the road! inside feels like a car!"

Cons: "Starter $45 should be larger."

"Bought it new with every option! exterior & Leather still looks fabulous after 160000 miles! Drives like a car! Even bought another one when jeep discontinued making it so I have a spare when this one gets tired! The hemi gives you power when you need it! People are always commenting on how nice it looks! Performance and looks! How much more could you ask for?! P.S.the only mistake Jeep made with this car is they put a $45 Starter in it which is too small for the truck. I had to change it once in 6 years. And... I have to air blow around the sunroof annually because they got clogged with leaf debris. Other than those two minor issues I have had 0 repairs other than standard maintenance in 6 years! Also, , my brakes last for 45000 on this truck. I give this truck a10!"

Okay for big family

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "nice looking, large interior, reliable"

Cons: "unstable braking, poor resale"

"I bought this in anticipation of adopting a large family. I like the room and have never had any mechanical issues with it and Im at 72k. The resale value is horrible. My only other complaints are when braking at higher speeds the jeep becomes unstable and the lower part of the dash is placed poorly and I often painfully bang my knee getting into the vehicle and I'm not a tall guy. I average about 18 mpg hiway."

GREAT OVERALL VEHICLE

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, price and size"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"Currently own this and going on my 2nd year. Purchased pre-owned never had a problem. Been off road...handles great! Superb vehicle for my lifestyle. Been camping many times with this auto...never let me down. Lots of space. Gas milage is not great, I average around 16mpg city and 19-21 highway. I would recomend and would purchase again. GREAT IN THE SNOW!!"

Reliable, Comfortable, Great Utility

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Limited Package never dissapoints"

Cons: "Fuel Economy with the Hemi"

"I have owned Jeeps since 1991. Always the Limited Package. Moonroof and tow package a must. Bought the Commander for its increased cargo capacity and third row as our family was expanding. Owned three Cherokees prior. We havent had any major issues to date. Love the 5.7 Hemi. (cant worry about fuel economy) It tackles any road condition Michigan can throw at us. Bikes on the roof, and boat on the hitch, this Commander isnt phased when you need more power. Bummed the line has been discontinued, would buy another!"

Awesome Vehicle!

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, awesome in bad weather!"

Cons: "Third row seat not so good for tall people!!!"

"We have had our commander since 2006, bought it new! Best vehicle we ever purchased! Tows awesome, travels awesome, great in bad weather, eats up snow like a trooper! Wish they still made them! Don't want to give it up and may not! Only issue for us was third row seat, not too practicle but usable for short people or kids!"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Had car since new. Regular maintainance items only have been done and I have 71000 on the clock. This is a very comfortable car. You do have to keep the sunroof drain vents blown out and free of debris. Feels very substantial to drive. In ice it is very surefooted as the trac control works brilliantly. Would definately buy another Commander exactly the same as my current."

good mechanically. bad electrically.

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"purchased the car brand new in june 2006. mechanically, it has been flawless. electrically, it has been a mess. both driver and passenger window motors needed to be replaced within the first thousand miles. the ignition switch needed to be replaced at 58k. and at 61k (just after my extended warranty was up) the center dash burned out - so it's no longer illuminated in the dark. the whole piece needs to be replaced - i opted to keep my $200 and not replace it. also - when it rains water likes to gather in the door frame, so when you open the door a nice little flow of water will pour out and possibly ruin your day when your new shoes get soaked. in winter - all of the interior windows frost over. no, my floor mats aren't wet - my door panel frosts over too. in regards to gas mileage, i put nitrogen in my tires and noticed a significant increase - but i drive mainly highway miles."

My favorite vehicle so far

By on Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"The commander has been great for taking people every where. The kids love to ride in the 3rd seat in the back. I doesn't fit an adult very comfortably in the 3rd seat but we have done it too. Lots of headroom and the stadium seating is really nice. I've had this vehicle for 3 years and would love to keep it forever."

Love It!

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Bought this Jeep with 18000 miles on it. Was a factory executive used vehicle. If you are unfamiliar with that term, this is a vehicle that is given to a Jeep Exec to drive for a period of time and then they turn it in for a new one. Then Jeep dealers have first choice to pick them up for resale. My guess is that it gets the royal treatment as far as service goes. Kind of an odd set up. A sport with a V6 but pretty well loaded: video system, leather, auto start, Sirius, rear air/heat, etc. Has plenty of power for day-to day stuff and pulls 16' boat just fine. Mileage was rated at 16/20 and that's exactly what I get. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Have driven Mercedes, Cadillac, BMW and this Commander beats them all hands down. Very Comfortable.....get one!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Commander near Honolulu. See local deals