2010 Jeep Commander

7.8

Based on 681 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Jeep Commander..............Reliable or Rubbish?

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Good price,great to drive,reliable,comfortable."

Cons: "Plastic tpe dash and door panels."

"First of all,cannot answer for anyone else but this car has ALWAYS been reliable,never failed,never got stuck anywhere.Always starts 1st time takes me anywhere without issue no matter the miles.I think gas economy for a 3.7 large SUV is fair/good.BEWARE this model with sunroofs,do some research as they were notorious for leaking and dealerships notorious for not fixing them correctly.I chose not to have any sunroof's therefore no problems.This vehicle is well laid out with plenty of comfortable seating.Everything works and has never had to replaced out of pocket or recall.Didnt opt for leather,(wanted it but...),leather was of poor quality.Napa Leather as advertised?Not a chance and that was after looking at 9 vehicles prior to buying mine.Some people dont care much for the shape/design of the Commander,likely not a Jeep person as Jeeps are definitely unique vehicles.Have found these are an easy vehicle to lift,BUT NOT MORE THAN 2 1/2" as it can cause steering problems that are costly.Can put upto 31's(tires)on it with a lift. Back to the Commander!!!!!!Great 5 door vehicle with a 7 seat option and rear air/heat (one option I wanted),smooth and quiet to drive....later models have electronic ignition key,plenty of legroom front and rear for adults,plenty of carrying space when third row of seats are down.In closing..........will keep this vehicle until the wheels fall off,as it is that reliable in rain/snow and holds highway speeds well and without effort."

Best all around vehicle.

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"I bought my 2007 commander after looking at many different cars, trucks, and SUV's. I wanted something that had 4wd, lots of room, and was not a mini van. After owning a GMC Envoy that had many problems while under warranty I have been very happy with my problem free Jeep. I love the boxy look, it feels even bigger on the inside. I have drove it off road and through snow and ice and have never had a vehicle perform so well in all. Some say the gas mileage is bad but not when compared to other heavy V8 vehicles. I have gotten 19.6 on highways and average 16 mpg. Cost about 40 bucks to fill it up and drive 324 miles, not too bad. It is also the quietest ride I have ever been in. I have all the options except for DVD nav, and they all are wonderful, especially the heated leather seats. 5/5 and Jeep has another loyal customer."

impressed

By on Sunday, May 03, 2009

"Have wife and a 2 yr old. This vehicle is perfect for the family. Holds all our stuff(garbage) and seats all of us comfortably. Easy features with the seating in any configuration. Road trips very nice with kids and adults. Have seen/read reviews about wind noise.......I have not noticed this on the highway or around town(I live in the windy city by the way....Chicago) However I dont have the sunroof or rear roof view windows...maybe thats a culprit?? Anyway the v-8 is very nice to drive. Vehicle has been easy to maintain....oil changes/tire rotation etc. In 22000 miles the only thing that has gone out was the dash lights for the A/C controls. Warranty....dealer replaced in about an hour. Cannot beat jeep 4 wheel drive systems period. If you live where there is a bad winter with interstates and a state government that really doesnt maintain roads all winter JEEP is a must. Very fun vehicle...my wife loves it and she drives it 90% of the time....also good as a daily driver car. Good bang for your buck here."

I love my commander...wish they still made them

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Classy reliable dependable"

"I love this jeep and have had it for 7 1/2 years now...and still do ....dread looking to replace it....wish they still made them....great space for lots of stuff and kids!! Still runs strong!!"

I Love IT!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "gas milege"

"I really really luv my jeep! I am writing a review b cuz I always look at review to help me when I purchase anything of great value-so I hope this helps. This jeep rides great,handles great & does awesome in bad weather! I drive approx. an hour to work so on bad winter days (I live in the country-most roads aren't cleared)I need 4whl drive-this jeep is amazing. The ONLY problem I have w/it is the gas milage. 17 mpg not good. So if that doesn't bother u thn I think u will too luv this jeep."

Love it

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, sexy, tough, lots of room"

Cons: "blind spots, little leg room in backseat"

"I love driving this vehicle. It's easy to manuever and a dream to park as an SUV. The gas milage is a little low, but good for a vehicle of its size. Only downside is little leg room in the back seat and difficulty seeing over the backseat when trying to change lanes, as the back seat is raised significantly. Otherwise, I love this truck - owned it for 3 years."

BEST Vehicle I have EVER Owned!!

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Appearance, fun to drive, hauling power"

"I bought my Commander 2 years ago. I have the V8 5.7 Hemi. I pull our horse and trailer with in and never had any issues with power. I have never had any issues with mechanical breakdown. I love the heated leather seats, amount of interior room, and all the extra little luxuries. Yes, the gas mileage isn't the best but for all those people who complain....really?? you can't find another vehicle with a 5.7 Hemi that gets great gas mileage, so get over it. I would recommend a Commander for anyone looking for a great looking (I have people who turn heads when I drive by them), reliable, and family friendly SUV. Drives great in our unpredictable WI winters. Only drawback is the fact they stopped making them because I would definately by another."

Wicked good suv

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle"

"Mine has a HEMI which loves gas, I only get about 14 mpg...but lots of power! Wish it was a little longer for more cargo space with the third row up there's no cargo space, I bought a Thule box. The tan leather is a con...the cracks show and it looks dirty no matter how much you clean it. The moonroof is designed to drain and if the drains clog the rain comes in through the grab handles and collects on your floor boards. Just a few minor design flaws but overall it's really nice. I've had mine for three years."

Real y Love my jeep best car Ever

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "It fíts in my Garage, and has lost of Room"

"First owner, out of dealership and never had a problem did changed the Battery once in 7 years. In my opinion the jeep looks even better now that is "old" new cars now days just have a futuristic ugly desing."

Nice Rig! 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, SOUND, OFF ROAD ABLITY!"

Cons: "Small 3rd row and not comfy for the passangers."

"Its a very NICE rig. I got mine at CarMax and no problems at all from it. Just a bad set of tires (That CarMax fixed with no problem.) The 3rd row has okay leg room but the seat is only about 5 inches off the floor, but it has climate control back there all on its own so it is at a good temp. If you have the 3rd row up you can forget about cargo though; it has about a 4 inch deep and 1 1/2 inch tall cargo room behind it. The seats fold very east though. With them down you have plenty of room and with the 2nd row down you have tons of room. The middle row reclines and has a entertainment center in it with cool little sun roofs over your head. VERY COOL RIG. You get tons of safety features with it too, rain sensing windshield wipers, auto dimming high beams. GREAT RIG! Just not that comfortable for the back passengers."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Commander near Honolulu. See local deals