2010 Jeep Commander

7.8

Based on 677 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Best all around vehicle.

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"I bought my 2007 commander after looking at many different cars, trucks, and SUV's. I wanted something that had 4wd, lots of room, and was not a mini van. After owning a GMC Envoy that had many problems while under warranty I have been very happy with my problem free Jeep. I love the boxy look, it feels even bigger on the inside. I have drove it off road and through snow and ice and have never had a vehicle perform so well in all. Some say the gas mileage is bad but not when compared to other heavy V8 vehicles. I have gotten 19.6 on highways and average 16 mpg. Cost about 40 bucks to fill it up and drive 324 miles, not too bad. It is also the quietest ride I have ever been in. I have all the options except for DVD nav, and they all are wonderful, especially the heated leather seats. 5/5 and Jeep has another loyal customer."

Jeep Commander..............Reliable or Rubbish?

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Good price,great to drive,reliable,comfortable."

Cons: "Plastic tpe dash and door panels."

"First of all,cannot answer for anyone else but this car has ALWAYS been reliable,never failed,never got stuck anywhere.Always starts 1st time takes me anywhere without issue no matter the miles.I think gas economy for a 3.7 large SUV is fair/good.BEWARE this model with sunroofs,do some research as they were notorious for leaking and dealerships notorious for not fixing them correctly.I chose not to have any sunroof's therefore no problems.This vehicle is well laid out with plenty of comfortable seating.Everything works and has never had to replaced out of pocket or recall.Didnt opt for leather,(wanted it but...),leather was of poor quality.Napa Leather as advertised?Not a chance and that was after looking at 9 vehicles prior to buying mine.Some people dont care much for the shape/design of the Commander,likely not a Jeep person as Jeeps are definitely unique vehicles.Have found these are an easy vehicle to lift,BUT NOT MORE THAN 2 1/2" as it can cause steering problems that are costly.Can put upto 31's(tires)on it with a lift. Back to the Commander!!!!!!Great 5 door vehicle with a 7 seat option and rear air/heat (one option I wanted),smooth and quiet to drive....later models have electronic ignition key,plenty of legroom front and rear for adults,plenty of carrying space when third row of seats are down.In closing..........will keep this vehicle until the wheels fall off,as it is that reliable in rain/snow and holds highway speeds well and without effort."

2009 Commander Gets momma anywhere, anytime

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Silver exterior with a black interior is very nice"

Cons: "The wife drives it...not me..lol"

"Bought this 2009 new. My wife does not like small cars. She drives interstate a lot and does not feel comfortable looking at semi lugnuts. WOW!! What a vehicle! Great sound system. Good looking inside and out. Hummer has nothing on a Commander.Don't know what it would take to roll one over, you would have to be crazy to do that, it handles very well for a SUV. Fuel mileage not the greatest, but that is not what we bought it for. We bought it for the occasional BAD Indiana winters. And it really shines! We live way out on a dead end road, seems the county utilizes the solar method of snow removal. The antilock brakes are the best I have ever experianced...bar none! The traction control is really amazing in deep snow. We had a deep snow and I decided to see what it was made of. On hard packed snow I accelerated to 50 MPH, waited until I passed a light pole and SLAMMED on the brakes. It just stopped. Straight line, never slid a tire. And without the pedal pulsation some cars have. Now for the real test. Went across the field back to the house. 12-15 inches of snow. No problem. Then I stopped. Floored it, and slowly took off without spinning a tire!!! Jeep has it figured out. Brakes cycle to help traction, computer disables cylinders to reduce power to assist. And it works PERFECTLY!! This Jeep lets me sleep at night if the wife is out in a bad snow, I know it will bring her home. LOVE IT!!"

Good Call Jeep!!

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "3rd row"

Cons: "Mileage is around 14 in town, no get up and go"

"I love my Jeep..I bought it summer 2010, so I've had it a while. I'm kind of disappointed that Jeep stopped making this!? Mine is pretty amazing. My only complaint is that behind the 3rd row there's not even enough room to store a fold up camping chair. When you're going to soccer and have extra kids you have kids holding things because there's no room for a cpl chairs and soccer bags in the back. My Jeep has been good to me, I like that I don't have to get an ugly mini van! I do plan to get a 2011/2012 Dodge Durango since Jeep stopped making this. The Durango's have prob 3 times the room behind the 3rd row also. But other than Jeep not making this any more I have no complaints or reasons why you shouldn't buy this. My gas mileage is 14-15 usually, but I drive around town mostly, when on the highway on long trips we get closer to 18-19. Another good thing abt the Durango..they have flex fuel and get around 20 around town...and I hear oil changes are every 10,000 miles, not every 3000. I love my Jeep, if you're on the fence abt buying one, no worries it's a good one =)."

impressed

By on Sunday, May 03, 2009

"Have wife and a 2 yr old. This vehicle is perfect for the family. Holds all our stuff(garbage) and seats all of us comfortably. Easy features with the seating in any configuration. Road trips very nice with kids and adults. Have seen/read reviews about wind noise.......I have not noticed this on the highway or around town(I live in the windy city by the way....Chicago) However I dont have the sunroof or rear roof view windows...maybe thats a culprit?? Anyway the v-8 is very nice to drive. Vehicle has been easy to maintain....oil changes/tire rotation etc. In 22000 miles the only thing that has gone out was the dash lights for the A/C controls. Warranty....dealer replaced in about an hour. Cannot beat jeep 4 wheel drive systems period. If you live where there is a bad winter with interstates and a state government that really doesnt maintain roads all winter JEEP is a must. Very fun vehicle...my wife loves it and she drives it 90% of the time....also good as a daily driver car. Good bang for your buck here."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Commander near Honolulu. See local deals