2007 Jeep Commander

7.8

Based on 681 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Jeep Commander..............Reliable or Rubbish?

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Good price,great to drive,reliable,comfortable."

Cons: "Plastic tpe dash and door panels."

"First of all,cannot answer for anyone else but this car has ALWAYS been reliable,never failed,never got stuck anywhere.Always starts 1st time takes me anywhere without issue no matter the miles.I think gas economy for a 3.7 large SUV is fair/good.BEWARE this model with sunroofs,do some research as they were notorious for leaking and dealerships notorious for not fixing them correctly.I chose not to have any sunroof's therefore no problems.This vehicle is well laid out with plenty of comfortable seating.Everything works and has never had to replaced out of pocket or recall.Didnt opt for leather,(wanted it but...),leather was of poor quality.Napa Leather as advertised?Not a chance and that was after looking at 9 vehicles prior to buying mine.Some people dont care much for the shape/design of the Commander,likely not a Jeep person as Jeeps are definitely unique vehicles.Have found these are an easy vehicle to lift,BUT NOT MORE THAN 2 1/2" as it can cause steering problems that are costly.Can put upto 31's(tires)on it with a lift. Back to the Commander!!!!!!Great 5 door vehicle with a 7 seat option and rear air/heat (one option I wanted),smooth and quiet to drive....later models have electronic ignition key,plenty of legroom front and rear for adults,plenty of carrying space when third row of seats are down.In closing..........will keep this vehicle until the wheels fall off,as it is that reliable in rain/snow and holds highway speeds well and without effort."

Best all around vehicle.

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"I bought my 2007 commander after looking at many different cars, trucks, and SUV's. I wanted something that had 4wd, lots of room, and was not a mini van. After owning a GMC Envoy that had many problems while under warranty I have been very happy with my problem free Jeep. I love the boxy look, it feels even bigger on the inside. I have drove it off road and through snow and ice and have never had a vehicle perform so well in all. Some say the gas mileage is bad but not when compared to other heavy V8 vehicles. I have gotten 19.6 on highways and average 16 mpg. Cost about 40 bucks to fill it up and drive 324 miles, not too bad. It is also the quietest ride I have ever been in. I have all the options except for DVD nav, and they all are wonderful, especially the heated leather seats. 5/5 and Jeep has another loyal customer."

impressed

By on Sunday, May 03, 2009

"Have wife and a 2 yr old. This vehicle is perfect for the family. Holds all our stuff(garbage) and seats all of us comfortably. Easy features with the seating in any configuration. Road trips very nice with kids and adults. Have seen/read reviews about wind noise.......I have not noticed this on the highway or around town(I live in the windy city by the way....Chicago) However I dont have the sunroof or rear roof view windows...maybe thats a culprit?? Anyway the v-8 is very nice to drive. Vehicle has been easy to maintain....oil changes/tire rotation etc. In 22000 miles the only thing that has gone out was the dash lights for the A/C controls. Warranty....dealer replaced in about an hour. Cannot beat jeep 4 wheel drive systems period. If you live where there is a bad winter with interstates and a state government that really doesnt maintain roads all winter JEEP is a must. Very fun vehicle...my wife loves it and she drives it 90% of the time....also good as a daily driver car. Good bang for your buck here."

I love my commander...wish they still made them

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Classy reliable dependable"

"I love this jeep and have had it for 7 1/2 years now...and still do ....dread looking to replace it....wish they still made them....great space for lots of stuff and kids!! Still runs strong!!"

I Love IT!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "gas milege"

"I really really luv my jeep! I am writing a review b cuz I always look at review to help me when I purchase anything of great value-so I hope this helps. This jeep rides great,handles great & does awesome in bad weather! I drive approx. an hour to work so on bad winter days (I live in the country-most roads aren't cleared)I need 4whl drive-this jeep is amazing. The ONLY problem I have w/it is the gas milage. 17 mpg not good. So if that doesn't bother u thn I think u will too luv this jeep."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jeep Commander near Honolulu. See local deals