2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,658 - $23,078.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/29/2016

10/7.4

6.9

Based on 136 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.3/10

I really like everything except reliablity

By on Sunday, November 29, 2015

"Everything is so good about the Cherokee, value, ride and driving, design inside and out, features, comfort and convenience. Unfortunately I have been disappointed in the reliability, returned to the dealer several times for transmission issues, brakes and lastly the navigation system."

An amazing suv

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "solid vehicle, strong and fast v-6"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased my 2014 Cherokee limited 4x4 with the v-6 and love it. All the features are great and the heated seats are perfect for my ailing back. I find myself finding reasons to drive it because it's so nice. This is absolutely the nicest vehicle I've owned and being close to retirement I'm looking forward to day trips."

Love my Jeep - Mostly

By on Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great gas mileage, looks great"

Cons: "The windshield and the wipers freezing up"

"I love how my Jeep handles and I love the gas mileage. I opted to go with FWD instead of 4WD even though I live in Wisconsin. There have been 3 recalls to date, which is kind of a pain as my dealer is probably 35 miles from home and taking it in is difficult because of when I get off work and getting it to the dealership without having to take time off work to do it. My main complaints about this Cherokee is the windshield/wipers. There is a large part of the passenger side that the wipers never touch. For some reason, the wiper blades get slushed up and frozen up. I have had to pull off the road to clean them off more than once. Not sure how you would fix that problem, but it is my pet peeve about this Jeep. I went from a mini-van that I loved to this, so it does feel small to me, but plenty of room for what we need to do. I haven't had problems with it handling in the snow or rain. I drive probably 200 miles a week because I live 20 miles from my job. It it comfortable, handles well, and looks great."

Dont buy this - 3 Transmissions before 4k miles

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "comfortable interior"

Cons: "Transmission and terrible company to deal with"

"I bought this car brand new and had to bring it back to the dealer with 1300 miles on it for transmission trouble. Over the course of the next 4 months 2 additional transmissions were put in before I reached 4k miles. I filed a lemon law suit 11 months ago and FCA is fighting with the attorneys and refusing to buy it back without making me pay for the miles driven on the car. It wouldn't have miles on it if they had taken it back when I filed the suit. I am being told not to drive it because I WILL OWE CHRYSLER MONEY if they decide to take the car back. This is the only car in my household! It is now worth $10k less than I owe due to carfax report - TERRIBLE - DO NOT BUY!!"

Issues with Headlights and Transmission

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Interior design and layout, solid "feel""

Cons: "Water inside headlights, transmission "sticks""

"I purchased a new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude mid-December 2013. Approximately two weeks later, I noticed that significant amounts of water had collected on the inside of both headlights. I returned the car to the Jeep dealership where they replaced both headlights citing a Service Bulletin which acknowledged the potential for condensation in the lights. A week later, on a 5 degree night , I found frost built-up on the inside of one of the new headlights; I brought the car back to Jeep. This time, however, the service department used the Service Bulletin (SB 08-086-13) to justify not replacing the lights. The Bulletin maintains that the condition is acceptable in that it "will usually clear as atmospheric conditions change (I kid you not) to allow the condensation to change back into a vapor. Turning the lights on will usually accelerate the process." In other words, the deficiencies in the headlights design, manufacturing process, and/ or installation are to be addressed by the actions of the customer (or apparently Mother Nature), not Jeep. In the numerous discussions with sales, service and corporate customer service, representatives agreed the Bulletin does not address the issue (from a customer standpoint) but insisted that there was nothing they could do. My corporate Case Manager has closed my file all while noting he had received multiple complaints related to the dullness of the lights . In addition to the headlight issue, the transmission tends to "stick" or "hang-up" during transitions between gears, especially at speeds under 25 mph. This condition is intermittent and varies in degree of severity but tends to be more pronounced when descending in speed. In the more extreme cases a "clunking" noise/vibration was felt which emanated from the bottom of the car. Jeep updated the transmission software program but this resulted in no noticeable improvement. Note - With Active Drive I, there is no mechanism to manually engage full-time 4 wheel drive. The Selec- Terrain dial which puts the car into Snow, Mud, etc. mode does not put the car into 4-wheel drive - it adjusts other systems. With Active Drive II there is a Rear Axle Lock which is available (i.e., the car is simply an AWD without it). I only mention this because the sales department was apparently trained otherwise; I needed to go to Jeep corporate to get clarification. One final thought - the customer will do most of the "homework" in trying to resolve these issues. Sales sent me to service, service commented that maybe corporate had a new light design in the works (i.e., the customer should call corporate), corporate asked me if I would ask the service department if they had a different light that could be installed, etc. All good questions that should have been tracked down and answered by someone who took ownership of the issue - FROM JEEP! Meanwhile I have a car the family is hesitant to drive because of headlights that could become significantly impaired and the transmission."