2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,927 - $23,400.

10/7.3

7.3

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.3/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10

Stuck on side of road after only 6 months

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Frustrating Experience on every level"

"Buyer beware, this car has transmission issues. (look up 2015 jeep Cherokee transmission issues) I couldn't understand why my brand new automatic car was hesitating, shifting between gears slowly and running sluggish until it died on the side of the road, miles from home! Come to find out there is a software update issue. I waited 3 hours for Chrysler Road Side Assistance to come ( an hour a half later than they said) and was just told I may need a new transmission. Really?? Who cares if the car is under warranty. A brand new car with only 5000 miles should not break down.I am leasing this car and do not plan on ever leasing a jeep again. Unfortunately I have 2 and half years to go."

A great upscale SUV value proposition

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value, 4wd, unique design"

Cons: "None of note really - perhaps a smallish trunk"

"Owned the Cherokee Limited with the V6 engine since May last year and am very pleased with its performance, reliability and "fun to drive" factor. Previously drove a Land Rover and find the Cherokee better while costing '000s less. My advice is get either the Limited or Trailhawk version, as the lesser Cherokees lack some key equipment. Also get the V6 engine (this is a 4,000+ lb beast) and definitely get a 4x4 version (there are 3 to choose from). Also very nice are the Technology group with a lot of driver aides, Luxury group and the pano sun roof. Took a number of long distance trips and the car has been as solid as a rock. Performance in snow has been A++. Love the car and even more love the $$ saved in purchasing it."

Soooo Dissapointed

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, good tow to mileage ratio"

Cons: "the transmission has failed 4 times"

"I loved this car for the combination of compact size, mileage, 4 WD and towing capacity. I researched it before buying and all seemed great. I like the way it drives and handles...when it works. I have had repeat transmission issues on the care since I bought it 7 months ago. It has been in 4 times and while the service department is easy to work with, the transmission continues to have the same problem where it drops out of gear and sometimes even stops while driving. I was patient with the recommended resolution but after 4 visits and still the same issue it is not safe to drive. They have said that it may need the transmission replaced but will only allow incremental repairs to rule out less expensive fixes before doing so. I cannot take the risk of having it stop and getting into an accident. Cutting my losses at this point."

Best vehicle we have owned - Price is right!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Price competitive, power, handling & very modern!"

Cons: "Rear cup holder is stationary"

"My wife & I are big Toyota fans and needed to add another vehicle to our household after my son received his driver's license. We own a 2010 4Runner and my wife wanted something smaller for her so I did homework & test drove the Rav & Venza. We liked both, but were not completely sold on either. The salesperson asked us if we ever considered the Jeep Cherokee as she owned one herself. We elected to test drive it (2015 Cherokee Latitude) and were both absolutely sold on it about a mile from the dealership! Great power (V6), responsive handling, UConnect system is fantastic & the convenience of having USB & other charging ports throughout the vehicle was impressive. Only small item I wish was modified is cup holder in rear...it is on the floor board & doesn't fold up as it is stationary. My wife does not like driving in snow so after experiencing it in this vehicle she called me at work & bragged how well it did. I told her of course it handled great...it is a Jeep!"

the complete CUV under $35,000

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Quite interior confortable seating great handleing"

Cons: "small back"

"First get the V6. The Cherokee is a heavy vehicle it needs the bigger engine. You will sacrifice a couple MPG's but it is worth it. The interior is well appointed and quite. Great handling on the road and with the 9 speed highway driving is a breeze and off road well it's jeep. If you really go off roading then go with active drive 2 otherwise active drive 1 will do the trick for snow or driving on the beach. The only real competitors I found were thousands of dollars more. This a really value play in my opinion for what you get. For around additional $2000 you can a lifetime warranty which I recommend because the Cherokee is computer on wheels"