2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,394 - $24,881.

10/7.4

8.2

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

Great transport for the cost

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, nice amenities,"

Cons: "no spare"

"I have a base Sport - no extra anythings. The Cherokee is a nice ride, a bit stiff but Jeeps are made that way. I'm not hotroding or offroading, just driving to work and short weekend trips. For that use I could not ask for a better vehicle in this crossover class. At this point there has been no issues with the engine or anything else. My one complaint? no spare tire. I would have added that option but the dealer didn't have any in stock and at $300, I figured I could just put together a full-size spare and jack. Unfortunately Jeep used a rim size (17x7 - 5x110mm) that is very difficult to find."

Great ride, but not reliable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great interface"

Cons: "Leather, bad visibility, failed transmission"

"I purchased this vehicle in January of 2014 and loved it. I drove it as a commuter and around town. After 4 months I noticed the leather seats are not very durable. Average use caused the leather to crease badly, nearly cracking. I've owned several cars with leather and this was the least durable. I have to apply extra leather treatment products to prevent the leather from wearing further. After only 8,000 I also went to get the transmission reflashed. Jeep released an update in May for the transmission. I was hoping it would cure the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The day after I brought it in and was told there was no update for my vehicle (the service department did not have the most recent updates) my transmission failed. I own the Trailhawk and like the ride. It's very smooth, cruises at a low RPM with little road noise. The interface is great. However, visibility is very bad, the front pillars block a lot of the view while turning. Also, the transmission shifted hard between certain gears then went out after only 8,000 miles. I also hardly got the 25 mpg highway rating for the V6 engine. In addition each Jeep dealership I've dealt with have not been helpful. I would not recommend buying a Cherokee or a Jeep in general."

WORST CAR EVER

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"No reviews mention the Sport, it is horrible! The engine has no power, you almost have to push the accelerator all the way down for passing. The transmission is NOT smooth when it shifts gears; I truly get sea sick in my car. I am currently looking to trade it in."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Fully loaded TH with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Came from a Jeep GC and so glad I went with the TH; more luxurious, better off-road, and that shark face front end is an awesome look."

Buyer Beware!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "It was fun to drive and I like the interior."

Cons: "Unrealiable. Have had 2 major mechanical issues."

"I began my lease on a 2014 Trailhawk in January of 2014. The car had 250 miles on it. I thought the car was great. I enjoyed driving it. But at around 800 miles the car started making a funny noise. I took it to the dealership for service. They discovered that my rear differential was broken! I never even drove off road with the car! Fast forward to this past week. I now have about 4000 miles on the car. Again I had a noise but this time it was coming from the front. The problem now? Something is broken with the transmission and they need to replace the whole thing. The first time I was without my car for a week. This time I'm without it for almost 2 weeks."

See if you qualify for