2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,136 - $22,809.

10/7.4

7.1

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

7.5/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Great Rig

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "Great on snow and ice"

"Bought a Cherokee Sport with the 4 cylinder engine and 4 wheel drive, as my wife's primary vehicle. It's exceeded all expectations. It's been great on snow and ice, and averaged 27-28 mpg on a recent road trip from South Dakota to Arizona. No problems whatsoever, including no transmission/gear-hunting problems that others have had. I've owned a couple of RAV-4's, and I'll take this vehicle over both of them."

Great little car

By on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the money"

"We have now put almost 6,000 miles of pleasurable local and highway driving on our 2015 Cherokee limited and have found it to be a great little car so far. Our last vehicle was a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited and this 2015 Cherokee has and does virtually everything the 2011 Grand Cherokee did, plus it is lots easier to get into and out of. We thought we would be giving up some feeling of luxury and some storage capability as compared to the Grand Cherokee but, while it is a little lighter feeling, this Cherokee also feels luxurious, is more nimble and it can surprisingly handle pretty much the same amount of stuff for our trips to the beach as did the old Grand Cherokee. Further, the acceleration is quite a bit quicker, it is more responsive overall and gets 5 mpg + better gas mileage. The nav and Uconnect Bluetooth are especially useful and enjoyable and are our favorite features. The only reservations we could have from giving it a perfect 10 in every area at this time is not yet knowing if it will hold its value well (as did our Grand Cherokee) and how it will hold up mechanically in the long run. We are otherwise enjoying this car."

An amazing suv

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "solid vehicle, strong and fast v-6"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased my 2014 Cherokee limited 4x4 with the v-6 and love it. All the features are great and the heated seats are perfect for my ailing back. I find myself finding reasons to drive it because it's so nice. This is absolutely the nicest vehicle I've owned and being close to retirement I'm looking forward to day trips."

Transmission & oil leaks

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Drives ok when not in shop"

Cons: "Leaks! Leaks! leaks!"

"I brought my 2014 jeep Cherokee in for an oil change. After waiting a while, I was informed the car was leaking transmission fluid and needed to stay at the dealer's. They took 2 weeks to fix transmission leak and 3 weeks later it started leaking motor oil. I took it back to the dealer for a week and they replaced the oil pump. One week after the car is back at the dealer because it's leaking oil again and I am beside myself. I've had this car for less than a year (9000 miles) and I'm on my 3rd loaner car. I asked about trading it in and I was offered $7000 less than I paid for it. This is the most trouble I ever had with a new car."

the complete CUV under $35,000

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Quite interior confortable seating great handleing"

Cons: "small back"

"First get the V6. The Cherokee is a heavy vehicle it needs the bigger engine. You will sacrifice a couple MPG's but it is worth it. The interior is well appointed and quite. Great handling on the road and with the 9 speed highway driving is a breeze and off road well it's jeep. If you really go off roading then go with active drive 2 otherwise active drive 1 will do the trick for snow or driving on the beach. The only real competitors I found were thousands of dollars more. This a really value play in my opinion for what you get. For around additional $2000 you can a lifetime warranty which I recommend because the Cherokee is computer on wheels"