2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,691 - $23,118.

10/7.4

8.4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

WORST CAR EVER

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"No reviews mention the Sport, it is horrible! The engine has no power, you almost have to push the accelerator all the way down for passing. The transmission is NOT smooth when it shifts gears; I truly get sea sick in my car. I am currently looking to trade it in."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Fully loaded TH with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Came from a Jeep GC and so glad I went with the TH; more luxurious, better off-road, and that shark face front end is an awesome look."

Buyer Beware!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "It was fun to drive and I like the interior."

Cons: "Unrealiable. Have had 2 major mechanical issues."

"I began my lease on a 2014 Trailhawk in January of 2014. The car had 250 miles on it. I thought the car was great. I enjoyed driving it. But at around 800 miles the car started making a funny noise. I took it to the dealership for service. They discovered that my rear differential was broken! I never even drove off road with the car! Fast forward to this past week. I now have about 4000 miles on the car. Again I had a noise but this time it was coming from the front. The problem now? Something is broken with the transmission and they need to replace the whole thing. The first time I was without my car for a week. This time I'm without it for almost 2 weeks."

and the winner is ... Cherokee Trailhawk

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "True Jeep off-roader and much more"

Cons: "Cloth seats could be better"

"Finally, after a year of looking we traded in our late model Jeep wrangler and picked up a brand new Cherokee Trailhawk. We are die-hard Jeep fans and must have 'trail-rated' ability or don't bother. Other brands just don't cut it, and we have looked at all of them. Comfort and versatility are also important. The Cherokee Trailhawk nails both these requirements to the wall. The off-road ability is quite frankly, surprisingly good, although it takes some time getting used to the electronic controls of the 4X4 mechanisms to invoke 4 Lo, hill descent, diff locking and so on. Still, this vehicle climbs just a like a real Jeep should. The many other features, such as climate control, sat-nav, stereo/media system, driver assist systems and safety items are well designed and very functional. Some may hate the look, we love it. The highway ride is fine, reasonably quiet and we have found no transmission shift issues (as has been reported in the past) Having only driven it for a short time we can't comment on reliability but overall build quality seems quite high with nice fit/finish and nothing quirky showing up. However, we purchased the extended basic warranty (to five years) from Chrysler/Jeep as protection against failure of any of the very complex systems on board. Other than we wish the cloth seats were more padded and comfy, this vehicle ticks all the boxes"

Best JEEP i've owned

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage,Handling,LOOK,"

Cons: "Cargo space,"

2014 Cherokee

"Having owned 3 other Jeeps in the last 15 years i can honestly say THIS BY FAR IS THE BEST ONE YET!! The 4x4 latitude 6 cyl 3.2L got me through every snow storm this winter with my 120 mile round trip commute.The Cherokee handles well. I opted for the comfort/convenience package. with the 8.4" touch. Highway gas mileage is GREAT i'm averaging 29.7 MPG with my cruise control set at 64 MPH.( 6cylinder Jeep who would of ever thought!! )Interior is of quality material and roomy. Dash display is well lite and modern.The 9 speed tranny at times seem jittery in 1st-2nd gear but not out of the norm. with 271 hp it's got the pep for what your need.And finally having owned Jeeps before i love the direction JEEP is heading with the NEW LOOK!!!!"

2014 Cherokee