2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,359 - $22,888.

10/7.4

7.5

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Worst transmission ever

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "looks good great gas mileage (v-6)"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the whole Cherokee looks nice, great mileage, handles well, and then there is the transmission I have had it for 10 months and have taken it back 4 times, it stayed over 3 times. I have been told the jerking is normal as the transmission is looking to give me the best mileage, also that the transmission is designed this way and nothing is wrong. The last visit 2 weeks ago they unloaded all of the software then reloaded it and made some enhancements to the transmission, it was great for 1and 1/2 days then back to what it has been doing all along."

An unbelievable machine!

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, Road Handling, U-Connect System"

Cons: "None at this time"

"We own a 4-Runner, however my wife wanted something more car like that does really well in snow. We really looked hard at the Toyota Venza and also the Rav4. We test drove both and liked them, however even though the body style of the Rav4 improved we still didn't like the road noise from the floor board area and the 4 cylinder engine. The Venza was powerful & had a lot of interior room & comforts, but it felt very "grandma-ish". The Rav4 seemed to do okay and the cruise held fine at 80 mph, but it did seem to have to work at it...bit noisy. Based on my research, I really liked the Jeep Cherokee, but was very nervous based on the issues of the transmission failing early. After discussing this with the salesperson, we elected to test drive it. It is a lot more powerful than the Rav4, the ride is fantastic, the handle on it is very sporty feeling and the U-Connect system is...well...freaking awesome! We have no doubt it will kick butt in snow and the body style makes it very appealing. Another thing I liked is where Jeep stores the spare tire and the extra compartment area to store jumper cables and what not. Also there are a lot of USB and other charging areas in the front, passenger area & even hatch area. This was very disappointing with the Rav4 as it only had it in the front. Small issue, but that really frustrated us with the Rav4 and just another area where the Jeep excelled. We have only had it a week, but we are so happy we made this decision to go with the Jeep! We understand that the only draw back may be the transmission, but it will be covered under warranty if it does occur. Even though we still like Toyota...right now we are Jeep fanatics!!!"

WOW...what a great vehicle

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "interior, infotainment (8AN), ride, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no tonneau cover ($75) included"

"My wife and I love our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I decided to go after the 2015 Jeep Cherokee for myself (after a year of drooling over the JGC). I've never been happier! First, we have parity in the 8AN infotainment system, plus mine is updated with "polished edges." The JPC is a 3.6L V6 and perfect, mines the 3.2L V6. In my break-in period (350 miles), I averaged on highway driving (80% of the time) 25.8 MPG. I expect it to improve once the engine settles in and the 9-speed transmission timing starts kicking in. I have the Active Drive II and tow-package so the suspension is stiffer and my efficiency probably takes a 1-2 MPG hit. I loaded it with everything EXCEPT the SafetyTec and Technology Packages. Why? For $2000, I figured I will stay awake while I drive, turn my head to lane change, and remember how I learned to park 20+ years ago...it is a small SUV after all. I do love the Cold Weather package with auto programmed heated steering wheel and driver seat. (We live in New England.) The ride is smooth, the shifting is smooth (perhaps one of the edges "polished" from the 2014 model), the interior is top-notch, but limited in space as you would expect. (If you want the maximum interior space, go for the RAV4 in this category.). Based on our 2014 JGC reliability, and the year to "polish edges," I'm looking forward to a very happy experience. Only gripe...be expected to find the most popular accessory items in short supply, and in the 2015 removed as "standard" vs. 2014...so you can pay more for them, of course."

Dissappointed

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage and easy to drive."

Cons: "Hard to get use to transmission at start and stop."

"At 10000 miles I started having trouble with the transmission and took it to the dealership where they had to reset some items for recall and to make it not stall, jerk and loose power. Now with 14500 miles on it I have the same situation. 5 times in the last week I got stuck in traffic and was put in harms way. It may have been a good idea at the time but I am tired of feeling that I will not make it to where I am going....."

I love my Cherokee!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Great body style, handles off-road well (4X4)"

Cons: "Slow to pickup on highway when merging"

"Ive read many positive and some negative reviews. I have had no issues with my Latitude 4WD at all. My transmision works great. Ive taken it on a couple long highway trips, and through the mud. I was the only SUV on a DEEP sand beach here in Florida (yes, we are allowed to drive on some of the beaches). I stopped by a stuck Chevy and asked if he wanted help getting out. He didnt like that. It is comfortable, good looking and has all the extra's I could want. Let's hope it stays ths way!"