2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,257 - $22,852.

10/7.4

7.4

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great...except when it comes to the transmission

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Heated Seats & Steering Wheel"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!"

"I bought my Cherokee Limited (4X4 V6) in Jan 2014. I have to admit that I was distracted by all the "shiny" extras. Had I done some research I may have thought twice about buying it. If it weren't for the transmission this would be the best vehicle I've ever owned. BUT...the transmission has been a problem since not long after I bought it. It's been in the shop several times. The first two times they did updates to the transmission and it seemed to help some for a little while but the sluggishness and hesitation always came back. I took it back in June and let them have it overnight so one of the mechanics could drive it home (about 100 mile round trip). After that I was told it was "running the way it was designed to run". So, I sucked it up and learned to deal with it. Through the summer it seemed to be running a little better but as soon as the weather turned it started hesitating badly and the shifting was rougher than it had been. Then I started hearing a strange noise when I got to around 30-40 mph. I called the shop the next morning and was told to bring it in. Turns out something broke and all of my transmission fluid was draining and they are going to have to replace the entire transmission. I'm hoping this will solve all of the problems I've had from the start but I'm afraid it's just going to be like starting from square one. I've only read one review that talks about performance after the new transmission and it was a good review. Hopefully I have the same experience. I have several friends who own Jeeps, although none who own the Cherokee, and love them. I wish I knew how that felt."

Should have done my research first! Buyer beware!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Great options for the price, nice styling"

Cons: "Unreliable,"

"I'm so disappointed with my purchase. Now that I'm reading similar reviews, I see many others have had similar problems. I purchased a 2014 4x4 Cherokee Limited exactly 2 weeks ago. I drove it for two days, less than 200 miles, when the all wheel drive system began trying to engage and locking the wheels up every time I would take off from a stop. It has now been in the dealership's garage for 10 days and they tell me they're not sure what the issue is. The have ordered parts (taking another stab in the dark at how to fix it) which I was told will take an additional 2 weeks to even be delivered to the dealership! Meanwhile, I will have a car payment due at that time for a vehicle I haven't even ran 1/2 tank of gas through yet! My hope is the garage has it for more than 30 days and I can utilize the Lemon Law in my state. Do your research people! I should have known better and chose something different instead of buying this on an impulse. :("

Once a Jeep, always a Jeep

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Car comfort with off roading capability"

Cons: "Transmission had to be completely exchanged."

"Except for the transmission that just had to be completely removed and replaced, I really enjoy this car. No more problems with the new transmission. I have the 4x4 limited and was able to pull a Toyota Tacoma pre-runner stuck in the mud !!"

Electronics do not work well. Third time in shop

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "electronics do NOT work"

"Electronics have not worked well. Car has been in the shop 3 times. Navigation was showing roads we had never heard of. The go home button would tell us we were 592 miles to home but we were less than 20. My clock goes backward by a minute then forward, then backward, then forward. Time jumps forward and then stops working. Error message on screen continually says "Vehicle Phone needs service. Contact Dealer". Dealer has been trying to resolve for months. They have no idea what is wrong. Driving a rental car at the moment while they once again attempt to fix my phone, clock, navigation and radio."

feeling sick

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "good on gas, smooth ride, nice interior"

Cons: "transmittion"

"I am 1/2 way down on my first tank of gas and transmission has to be replaced.... need to say more?"