2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,055 - $22,751.

10/7.4

7.2

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

7.2/10

Worst transmission ever

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "looks good great gas mileage (v-6)"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the whole Cherokee looks nice, great mileage, handles well, and then there is the transmission I have had it for 10 months and have taken it back 4 times, it stayed over 3 times. I have been told the jerking is normal as the transmission is looking to give me the best mileage, also that the transmission is designed this way and nothing is wrong. The last visit 2 weeks ago they unloaded all of the software then reloaded it and made some enhancements to the transmission, it was great for 1and 1/2 days then back to what it has been doing all along."

Outstanding SUV

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice vehicle"

Cons: "No spare tire."

"Just completed a 3500 mile road trip no problems, very comfortable ride. I have the Technology package with the Adaptive Cruise Control which is outstanding. I averaged 33.2 MPG with the 6 cyl according to the trip computer. Used the cruise control 99 % of the time. The Uconnect is very easy to use. I traded in a 2013 Chevy Equinox. The Cherokee is much more comfortable."

Trailhawk exceeds my expectations

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Nice size. Fun to drive. Great in snow."

Cons: "Trailhawk model's gas mileage seems to be less."

"I purchased the Trailhawk model a month ago. I am very happy with it. Sometimes the ride seems a bit bouncy but I expect that with an off road capable SUV. It feels sturdy and able to handle any road conditions. The interior is comfortable and tech savvy. The Trailhawk's gas mileage seems to be less than the other models. Overall I think it's a great vehicle that fits my needs perfectly."

Really worth a look. Beat's all the competition.

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Build quality, value for your money."

Cons: "Replacement part availability is still lacking."

Pic of my 2014 Cherokee Latitude

"Bought my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude FWD 11/16/13. So far I totally love this vehicle. Chrysler has done a great job in fit and finish. Much better than vehicles of just a few years ago. Those in the market for a midsize SUV need to look and drive one of these. Makes the competition this competes with look very bad in comparison. V6 is great. 9 speed transmission works very well. Take a look at one and you will see how nice they are."

Pic of my 2014 Cherokee Latitude

Great ride, but not reliable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great interface"

Cons: "Leather, bad visibility, failed transmission"

"I purchased this vehicle in January of 2014 and loved it. I drove it as a commuter and around town. After 4 months I noticed the leather seats are not very durable. Average use caused the leather to crease badly, nearly cracking. I've owned several cars with leather and this was the least durable. I have to apply extra leather treatment products to prevent the leather from wearing further. After only 8,000 I also went to get the transmission reflashed. Jeep released an update in May for the transmission. I was hoping it would cure the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The day after I brought it in and was told there was no update for my vehicle (the service department did not have the most recent updates) my transmission failed. I own the Trailhawk and like the ride. It's very smooth, cruises at a low RPM with little road noise. The interface is great. However, visibility is very bad, the front pillars block a lot of the view while turning. Also, the transmission shifted hard between certain gears then went out after only 8,000 miles. I also hardly got the 25 mpg highway rating for the V6 engine. In addition each Jeep dealership I've dealt with have not been helpful. I would not recommend buying a Cherokee or a Jeep in general."