2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,570 - $23,091.

10/7.4

7.6

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Best Compact SUV Out There

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Styling, interior amenities"

Cons: "Pricier on higher trim levels"

"I have a 2014 Cherokee Latitude FWD that I have owned since November 2013. This is probably one of the best built vehicles I have ever owned. Congrats to Chrysler and what World Class Manufacturing can do for their products. The Cherokee is hands down better than any offerings out there. You hear people grumble about the 9 speed transmissions. The cars adapt to your driving and it takes thousands of miles for it to complete. In time it all smooths out and they are fine after that. Go test drive a Cherokee. You will love it!"

Most Disappointing Purschase/Disappointing Support

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks good for the price"

Cons: "-Quality. -Customer Serivce. -Transmission"

"I purchased this car brand new. Within the first two days the transmission started jerking really hard between gears 1-3. On day 6 the exterior door handle just fell off. On day 10 the transmission got worse and jerked incessantly. It has been in service for 8 days out of the first two weeks I have had the vehicle. When discussing with Chrysler corporation I was told "It was completely normal and I didn't know how to drive it." They also informed me they would not be fixing anything because nothing is wrong, however my car is still in the shop to "not fix anything." Will NEVER buy anything Chrysler again nor would I recommend any Chrysler product after their "customer Service" and "normal transmission.""

Transmission nightmare!

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Good gas mileage for a V6"

Cons: "Transmission, UConnect is underwhelming"

"Day after buying my Jeep Cherokee Latitude, I was driving to work and I get low oil pressure warning and car loses all pickup. Bring it to dealership the next day to find out that the connection that hold the oil filter on was cracked and spewing oil. After they fix that I notice the transmission slips on stop and go and when going from reverse into drive. Bring it back to dealership (2nd visit in less than a week of owning the Jeep). They assure me that the oil issue and the transmission are not connected. After keeping the car all day they tell me the computer isn’t giving them any errors to which I respond by telling them to drive it and tell me that there’s nothing wrong with it…. I get a call back the next day saying that they would do a transmission adjustment which takes a while and may not make a difference. When I pick it up I’m told, “The transmission has to learn your driving habits so that it can adjust to you and it will get better over time”. After diving a short distance I notice a slight difference but the issues were still there. Now I’ve got about 5500 miles on it and I notice a rattle under the car when it starts and a high pitched noise when sitting idle. The transmission is worse than ever. Backing out of my driveway is a daily adventure wondering if it’s going to engage smooth or slip and bang into gear jerking the car forward. When going up minor hills it will drop from fourth or fifth gear to first or second gear and send the RMP’s between 4k – 5k and making it sound like I’m trying to Evil Knievel the hill. If you do some research you’ll see that this is a common problem (transmission). I’ve going to be bringing it back to the dealership asking for some serious answers. I’d recommend that anyone interested in this vehicle wait another year or two until they figure the transmission out. Right now we’re the guinea pigs paying hard earned money to do their testing for them…."

Great...except when it comes to the transmission

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Heated Seats & Steering Wheel"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!"

"I bought my Cherokee Limited (4X4 V6) in Jan 2014. I have to admit that I was distracted by all the "shiny" extras. Had I done some research I may have thought twice about buying it. If it weren't for the transmission this would be the best vehicle I've ever owned. BUT...the transmission has been a problem since not long after I bought it. It's been in the shop several times. The first two times they did updates to the transmission and it seemed to help some for a little while but the sluggishness and hesitation always came back. I took it back in June and let them have it overnight so one of the mechanics could drive it home (about 100 mile round trip). After that I was told it was "running the way it was designed to run". So, I sucked it up and learned to deal with it. Through the summer it seemed to be running a little better but as soon as the weather turned it started hesitating badly and the shifting was rougher than it had been. Then I started hearing a strange noise when I got to around 30-40 mph. I called the shop the next morning and was told to bring it in. Turns out something broke and all of my transmission fluid was draining and they are going to have to replace the entire transmission. I'm hoping this will solve all of the problems I've had from the start but I'm afraid it's just going to be like starting from square one. I've only read one review that talks about performance after the new transmission and it was a good review. Hopefully I have the same experience. I have several friends who own Jeeps, although none who own the Cherokee, and love them. I wish I knew how that felt."

Should have done my research first! Buyer beware!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Great options for the price, nice styling"

Cons: "Unreliable,"

"I'm so disappointed with my purchase. Now that I'm reading similar reviews, I see many others have had similar problems. I purchased a 2014 4x4 Cherokee Limited exactly 2 weeks ago. I drove it for two days, less than 200 miles, when the all wheel drive system began trying to engage and locking the wheels up every time I would take off from a stop. It has now been in the dealership's garage for 10 days and they tell me they're not sure what the issue is. The have ordered parts (taking another stab in the dark at how to fix it) which I was told will take an additional 2 weeks to even be delivered to the dealership! Meanwhile, I will have a car payment due at that time for a vehicle I haven't even ran 1/2 tank of gas through yet! My hope is the garage has it for more than 30 days and I can utilize the Lemon Law in my state. Do your research people! I should have known better and chose something different instead of buying this on an impulse. :("

Once a Jeep, always a Jeep

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Car comfort with off roading capability"

Cons: "Transmission had to be completely exchanged."

"Except for the transmission that just had to be completely removed and replaced, I really enjoy this car. No more problems with the new transmission. I have the 4x4 limited and was able to pull a Toyota Tacoma pre-runner stuck in the mud !!"

Electronics do not work well. Third time in shop

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "electronics do NOT work"

"Electronics have not worked well. Car has been in the shop 3 times. Navigation was showing roads we had never heard of. The go home button would tell us we were 592 miles to home but we were less than 20. My clock goes backward by a minute then forward, then backward, then forward. Time jumps forward and then stops working. Error message on screen continually says "Vehicle Phone needs service. Contact Dealer". Dealer has been trying to resolve for months. They have no idea what is wrong. Driving a rental car at the moment while they once again attempt to fix my phone, clock, navigation and radio."

feeling sick

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "good on gas, smooth ride, nice interior"

Cons: "transmittion"

"I am 1/2 way down on my first tank of gas and transmission has to be replaced.... need to say more?"

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

This is the BEST in Class of small SUVs.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive it and love the features."

Cons: "NONE"

"The Jeep reliability and toughness made this a no brainer as I have traveled the back roads of Colorado since 1987. I have used everything from my bought new 1978 International Scout, 2003 Durango, and now the 2014 Cherokee. It performed as well on four wheel drive trails as the other two with a superb level of comfort and conveniences. The gas mileage is better than EPA estimates with 24 city and 28 hwy. It has the Active Drive II with the 3.2 liter engine and is a fully loaded Limited. The pleasing part is the ride and handling. I rented the Escape, CRV, and RAV4 before ordering my Cherokee Oct 2013. It arrived Nov 8th. Everything works as advertised and is very convenient to use. The city driving and parking dynamics are great. It is my daily driver while the Challenger SRT8 is a fair weather auto. It fits the garage easily with the rear hatch door clearing the open garage door overhead. Good planning. I love the styling both on the exterior and interior. The interior materials and layout is superior to the three other SUVs I drove. Jeep got this right from the start."

First Jeep - Great Experience So Far!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Interior, quietness, power, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Relatively small rear cargo area"

"After driving small SUVs from Ford, Chevy, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Audi, BMW and Mercedes, I decided on the 2014 Cherokee Limited V6 4WD. I feel it was by far the best combination of value, comfort, interior & exterior quality, driving experience, power, towing ability, mpg, and styling. Despite it being a relatively heavy vehicle for its class, it handles extremely well, is exceptionally quiet, and feels very stable and comfortable to drive. Nothing felt out of place from the time I test drove this vehicle. The feel of the (heated) steering wheel, accelerator location, braking response and feel....all perfect for me. The V6 is exceptionally responsive, and my average mileage is 24.9 mpg, much better than I had expected. I often get over 30 mpg on highway trips; considering the EPA estimates, I am very pleased with this, and did not expect more. I am usually not one to order factory navigation systems, as I like my portable Garmin; however I did order my Cherokee with the Nav. Package and I am very happy with it so far: very intuitive, offers more than my ol' Garmin, the SiriusXM is nice to have, being able to check the weather, gas prices, find the closest Culver's, etc., are all great features, and the best part is, it is easy to use, especially with the voice recognition feature. The only single slight objection is the relatively small cargo area behind the second seats; unable to store my golf clubs without dropping down a portion of the 60/40 rear seat....but I can live with that. Overall, this has been a joy of the vehicle to drive."

I have had many of vehicles, This one of the best

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Power, Mileage, quie and fun to drive"

Cons: "None."

"I have had my Cherokee Limited, 6 cyl with 2WD for 8 months now, no problems and great mileage and power. I researched all the SUV's and thought the Cherokee was best for me. Very satisfied."

Beep Beep - Love My New Jeep Cherokee Limited!

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, interior quality, navigation"

Cons: "Spare tire option"

"This is my third Jeep having previously owned a 1987 base 4X4 Cherokee and a 1992 4X4 Grand Cherokee. This time around I opted for a 4X2, 4 cylinder Limited edition with navigation & panoramic roof options and couldn't be happier. The 4 cylinder is more than adequate under most conditions given the HP and vehicle weight, and provides the improved MPG I sought. The fit and finish of the interior has Fiat's style fingerprints all over it and outshines the competition in this class. To all the exterior haters, the looks will grow on you and likely represents the future trend in automotive design. Besides, exterior looks go unnoticed in the passenger compartment where all the amenities come into play to enhance the day to day driving experience. I did my research and the Cherokee was by far the best value of any compact SUV with comparable features by several $1K's. After test driving the vehicle and deciding to purchase, I sourced the lowest e-commerce price in the area that met my specification and negotiated with the local dealership to match the price and transfer the in stock vehicle."

Good All Around Vehicle for City/Burbs and Cruisin

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Quality Interior, Sound Ride, Sleek Styling"

Cons: "Occassonally Sluggish Transmission"

"I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for the more civilized Jeep Cherokee to ride around town. Here's my take: I opted for the gas friendly V4 and have not been disappointed. Around town I average 23-24mpg but once you hit the highway it's a dream. Although some say it's sluggish I think its fine for a vehicle this size. Four cylinder engines have come a long way. The nine speed transmission is usually smooth but will jump once in a while from 2nd to 3rd gears. The inside of the Cherokee Limited is well appointed and reminded me of an Acura. I love the Nappa Leather seats and cockpit which include a 3.5" color screen in its cluster. Favorite features include the keyless ignition, adaptive cruise control, automatic headlights and the 8.4 inch touchscreen. The style of the Jeep Cherokee is very appealing. I choose the EcoGreen color and have already gotten several complements. Although different, I applaud the bent grill design and sleek body lines. The alloy wheels and LED lights add a touch of sophistication. Overall the Jeep Cherokee is much better than the Wrangler I had and that was a great car!"

Great transport for the cost

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, nice amenities,"

Cons: "no spare"

"I have a base Sport - no extra anythings. The Cherokee is a nice ride, a bit stiff but Jeeps are made that way. I'm not hotroding or offroading, just driving to work and short weekend trips. For that use I could not ask for a better vehicle in this crossover class. At this point there has been no issues with the engine or anything else. My one complaint? no spare tire. I would have added that option but the dealer didn't have any in stock and at $300, I figured I could just put together a full-size spare and jack. Unfortunately Jeep used a rim size (17x7 - 5x110mm) that is very difficult to find."

Great ride, but not reliable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great interface"

Cons: "Leather, bad visibility, failed transmission"

"I purchased this vehicle in January of 2014 and loved it. I drove it as a commuter and around town. After 4 months I noticed the leather seats are not very durable. Average use caused the leather to crease badly, nearly cracking. I've owned several cars with leather and this was the least durable. I have to apply extra leather treatment products to prevent the leather from wearing further. After only 8,000 I also went to get the transmission reflashed. Jeep released an update in May for the transmission. I was hoping it would cure the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The day after I brought it in and was told there was no update for my vehicle (the service department did not have the most recent updates) my transmission failed. I own the Trailhawk and like the ride. It's very smooth, cruises at a low RPM with little road noise. The interface is great. However, visibility is very bad, the front pillars block a lot of the view while turning. Also, the transmission shifted hard between certain gears then went out after only 8,000 miles. I also hardly got the 25 mpg highway rating for the V6 engine. In addition each Jeep dealership I've dealt with have not been helpful. I would not recommend buying a Cherokee or a Jeep in general."

WORST CAR EVER

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"No reviews mention the Sport, it is horrible! The engine has no power, you almost have to push the accelerator all the way down for passing. The transmission is NOT smooth when it shifts gears; I truly get sea sick in my car. I am currently looking to trade it in."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Fully loaded TH with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Came from a Jeep GC and so glad I went with the TH; more luxurious, better off-road, and that shark face front end is an awesome look."

Buyer Beware!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "It was fun to drive and I like the interior."

Cons: "Unrealiable. Have had 2 major mechanical issues."

"I began my lease on a 2014 Trailhawk in January of 2014. The car had 250 miles on it. I thought the car was great. I enjoyed driving it. But at around 800 miles the car started making a funny noise. I took it to the dealership for service. They discovered that my rear differential was broken! I never even drove off road with the car! Fast forward to this past week. I now have about 4000 miles on the car. Again I had a noise but this time it was coming from the front. The problem now? Something is broken with the transmission and they need to replace the whole thing. The first time I was without my car for a week. This time I'm without it for almost 2 weeks."

and the winner is ... Cherokee Trailhawk

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "True Jeep off-roader and much more"

Cons: "Cloth seats could be better"

"Finally, after a year of looking we traded in our late model Jeep wrangler and picked up a brand new Cherokee Trailhawk. We are die-hard Jeep fans and must have 'trail-rated' ability or don't bother. Other brands just don't cut it, and we have looked at all of them. Comfort and versatility are also important. The Cherokee Trailhawk nails both these requirements to the wall. The off-road ability is quite frankly, surprisingly good, although it takes some time getting used to the electronic controls of the 4X4 mechanisms to invoke 4 Lo, hill descent, diff locking and so on. Still, this vehicle climbs just a like a real Jeep should. The many other features, such as climate control, sat-nav, stereo/media system, driver assist systems and safety items are well designed and very functional. Some may hate the look, we love it. The highway ride is fine, reasonably quiet and we have found no transmission shift issues (as has been reported in the past) Having only driven it for a short time we can't comment on reliability but overall build quality seems quite high with nice fit/finish and nothing quirky showing up. However, we purchased the extended basic warranty (to five years) from Chrysler/Jeep as protection against failure of any of the very complex systems on board. Other than we wish the cloth seats were more padded and comfy, this vehicle ticks all the boxes"

Best JEEP i've owned

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage,Handling,LOOK,"

Cons: "Cargo space,"

2014 Cherokee

"Having owned 3 other Jeeps in the last 15 years i can honestly say THIS BY FAR IS THE BEST ONE YET!! The 4x4 latitude 6 cyl 3.2L got me through every snow storm this winter with my 120 mile round trip commute.The Cherokee handles well. I opted for the comfort/convenience package. with the 8.4" touch. Highway gas mileage is GREAT i'm averaging 29.7 MPG with my cruise control set at 64 MPH.( 6cylinder Jeep who would of ever thought!! )Interior is of quality material and roomy. Dash display is well lite and modern.The 9 speed tranny at times seem jittery in 1st-2nd gear but not out of the norm. with 271 hp it's got the pep for what your need.And finally having owned Jeeps before i love the direction JEEP is heading with the NEW LOOK!!!!"

2014 Cherokee

Jack of all trades and prices

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Off road ability, ride and options"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Let me be honest, I'm writing this to stick my finger in Chrysler's eye. I figure this is the only way to get them to fix this vehicle's sole glaring problem. I'll get to that in a moment but, first I'll be polite and tell you what I like. I've only test driven this vehicle (five Trailhawks, 3.2 liter). Presently owning a 2004 Jeep Liberty which sounds like a bomb went off when you hit a pothole, this is quite an improvement. I've test driven a Mercedes GLK 350 and an Acura RDX and found the ride just as good (and quieter than the Mercedes). I could complain about the $41k price tag for a loaded Trailhawk but, you could buy a $23k Sport if your inclined. One quick poke at Chrysler. They blow a lot of smoke about off road ability but, see if you can find all the serious mechanical options on the local lots (ex: tow package). I think Chrysler got a deal on dead Italian cows because they're trying very hard to stick leather seats in our faces. On to the big complaint, the transmission. The vehicle has splendid acceleration from a stop light. However, once you let off the gas the vehicle upshifts to the point that acceleration becomes impossible once cruising. To get adequate acceleration, you can hammer the throttle to get it to downshift but, is this what you want to do in the city? There are no wheel mounted paddle shifters on this vehicle but, you can use the Electronic Range Select (high gear limit in drive mode) on the floor shifter but, this also is an aggravation when driving in traffic. And as to the sport mode, its appropriate for accelerating onto the freeway but, its high reving recklessness in the city. So why am I so irked? Because I want to buy the vehicle. I mean, what's the average Joe going to buy that's quality and not north of $50k? The rocket scientists at Ford couldn't even but roof rails on the Edge and the Escape will toss your head to the point of discomfort. Enough said."

Overall I love this small SUV

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Uconnect controls, comfort, luxury, gas mileage,"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"I used to own a Jeep back in 1997 it was a Cherokee too but after having all of makes and models of SUVs I wanted to be with the Jeep family again. I've purchased a Cherokee Latitude it's fully loaded in comfort have ventilated seats from cooled to heated. Navigation in UCONNECT ft. includes Bluetooth, excellent audio system and more new options include. I picked a V6 engine it makes this compact SUV drive very smooth on a Terrain dial mode as going uphill or passing through the mountains that was available on Latitude model. Interior fit and finish is worth having a good price and incentives includes amenities with value that is worth for Cherokee. Seats are comfortable no 3rd row seating wasn't available but will have comfort in luxury while rear seats reclines on a long trip our children loves it as they can fall asleep on going for a summer vacation. It's quiet on having outstanding handling gets great mpg on 30 miles to gallon. I love all of controls was built to be like a Jeep on making it more top of the line. Available with an panoramic moon roof and UCONNECT emergency 911 assistance something like GM with OnStar it's a steal on updated options. I would highly recommend buying this SUV just counting on reliability have before decided to trade off."

LUV OUR CHEROKEE

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "3rd row seating, controls, dual sunroof, features,"

Cons: "electronics devics from ipod don't work w/Uconnect"

"I bought my Cherokee Latitude after leasing a Compass fell in loved with new styling and top of the line features. It's a great small mini crossover and absolutely drives very smooth. Love the eight speed transmission gives excellent performance a more adequate ride on great gas mileage. U/connect Navigation, blue tooth, radio, cooled, heated ventilated seats, rearview camera, comfortable interior and 6 cylinder engine is a blast going at any speed. Value, incentives and financing was best after doing lease return...I'm happier on buying another Jeep SUV this is our favorite SUV includes dual sunroof and leather seats available on Latitude model. Very quiet with powerful acceleration on a smooth V6 engine its best than ever. Seats have enough support in buckets and the 3rd row was still available giving plenty extra room. We love our Cherokee Latitude on lots of new extras paid at a better price after leasing a Compass on something being more base model with few little options we saw our beautiful Cherokee right in front the dealership so figured we must buy it quickly and both of us did was worth being under $30,000.00."

One is not enough

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "Few...maybe none"

"Bought a FWD Limited last November , my wife drove it through one of the worst winters in Chicago with no problems. She loves it. I love it so much I bought a 4x4 Latiude for myself. I pick it up tomorrow, my 4th Jeep"