2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,136 - $22,809.

10/7.4

7.1

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

7.5/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Great little car

By on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the money"

"We have now put almost 6,000 miles of pleasurable local and highway driving on our 2015 Cherokee limited and have found it to be a great little car so far. Our last vehicle was a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited and this 2015 Cherokee has and does virtually everything the 2011 Grand Cherokee did, plus it is lots easier to get into and out of. We thought we would be giving up some feeling of luxury and some storage capability as compared to the Grand Cherokee but, while it is a little lighter feeling, this Cherokee also feels luxurious, is more nimble and it can surprisingly handle pretty much the same amount of stuff for our trips to the beach as did the old Grand Cherokee. Further, the acceleration is quite a bit quicker, it is more responsive overall and gets 5 mpg + better gas mileage. The nav and Uconnect Bluetooth are especially useful and enjoyable and are our favorite features. The only reservations we could have from giving it a perfect 10 in every area at this time is not yet knowing if it will hold its value well (as did our Grand Cherokee) and how it will hold up mechanically in the long run. We are otherwise enjoying this car."

An amazing suv

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "solid vehicle, strong and fast v-6"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased my 2014 Cherokee limited 4x4 with the v-6 and love it. All the features are great and the heated seats are perfect for my ailing back. I find myself finding reasons to drive it because it's so nice. This is absolutely the nicest vehicle I've owned and being close to retirement I'm looking forward to day trips."

Transmission & oil leaks

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Drives ok when not in shop"

Cons: "Leaks! Leaks! leaks!"

"I brought my 2014 jeep Cherokee in for an oil change. After waiting a while, I was informed the car was leaking transmission fluid and needed to stay at the dealer's. They took 2 weeks to fix transmission leak and 3 weeks later it started leaking motor oil. I took it back to the dealer for a week and they replaced the oil pump. One week after the car is back at the dealer because it's leaking oil again and I am beside myself. I've had this car for less than a year (9000 miles) and I'm on my 3rd loaner car. I asked about trading it in and I was offered $7000 less than I paid for it. This is the most trouble I ever had with a new car."

the complete CUV under $35,000

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Quite interior confortable seating great handleing"

Cons: "small back"

"First get the V6. The Cherokee is a heavy vehicle it needs the bigger engine. You will sacrifice a couple MPG's but it is worth it. The interior is well appointed and quite. Great handling on the road and with the 9 speed highway driving is a breeze and off road well it's jeep. If you really go off roading then go with active drive 2 otherwise active drive 1 will do the trick for snow or driving on the beach. The only real competitors I found were thousands of dollars more. This a really value play in my opinion for what you get. For around additional $2000 you can a lifetime warranty which I recommend because the Cherokee is computer on wheels"

Issues with Headlights and Transmission

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Interior design and layout, solid "feel""

Cons: "Water inside headlights, transmission "sticks""

"I purchased a new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude mid-December 2013. Approximately two weeks later, I noticed that significant amounts of water had collected on the inside of both headlights. I returned the car to the Jeep dealership where they replaced both headlights citing a Service Bulletin which acknowledged the potential for condensation in the lights. A week later, on a 5 degree night , I found frost built-up on the inside of one of the new headlights; I brought the car back to Jeep. This time, however, the service department used the Service Bulletin (SB 08-086-13) to justify not replacing the lights. The Bulletin maintains that the condition is acceptable in that it "will usually clear as atmospheric conditions change (I kid you not) to allow the condensation to change back into a vapor. Turning the lights on will usually accelerate the process." In other words, the deficiencies in the headlights design, manufacturing process, and/ or installation are to be addressed by the actions of the customer (or apparently Mother Nature), not Jeep. In the numerous discussions with sales, service and corporate customer service, representatives agreed the Bulletin does not address the issue (from a customer standpoint) but insisted that there was nothing they could do. My corporate Case Manager has closed my file all while noting he had received multiple complaints related to the dullness of the lights . In addition to the headlight issue, the transmission tends to "stick" or "hang-up" during transitions between gears, especially at speeds under 25 mph. This condition is intermittent and varies in degree of severity but tends to be more pronounced when descending in speed. In the more extreme cases a "clunking" noise/vibration was felt which emanated from the bottom of the car. Jeep updated the transmission software program but this resulted in no noticeable improvement. Note - With Active Drive I, there is no mechanism to manually engage full-time 4 wheel drive. The Selec- Terrain dial which puts the car into Snow, Mud, etc. mode does not put the car into 4-wheel drive - it adjusts other systems. With Active Drive II there is a Rear Axle Lock which is available (i.e., the car is simply an AWD without it). I only mention this because the sales department was apparently trained otherwise; I needed to go to Jeep corporate to get clarification. One final thought - the customer will do most of the "homework" in trying to resolve these issues. Sales sent me to service, service commented that maybe corporate had a new light design in the works (i.e., the customer should call corporate), corporate asked me if I would ask the service department if they had a different light that could be installed, etc. All good questions that should have been tracked down and answered by someone who took ownership of the issue - FROM JEEP! Meanwhile I have a car the family is hesitant to drive because of headlights that could become significantly impaired and the transmission."

Love it. Awesome car for the money.

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, comfortable seats, smooth ride"

Cons: "haven't found any yet!"

"I had been looking at buying a new car for about six months. I was looking at the Grand Cherokees and really wanted the limited but did not want to spend as much on it. I am glad they brought the Cherokee back. For the limited I saved over 10000 and it is every bit the car that the Grand is just a smaller version. The 8.4" screen with navigation, and rear camera are very nice to have . If you are thinking of getting this car and are not sure since it is new, I recommend going for a test drive. You will fall in love with it like I did. The Uconnect feature on this car is great. I love to use it to remote start my car with my cell phone. Very quiet running and a smooth ride"

This is the BEST in Class of small SUVs.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive it and love the features."

Cons: "NONE"

"The Jeep reliability and toughness made this a no brainer as I have traveled the back roads of Colorado since 1987. I have used everything from my bought new 1978 International Scout, 2003 Durango, and now the 2014 Cherokee. It performed as well on four wheel drive trails as the other two with a superb level of comfort and conveniences. The gas mileage is better than EPA estimates with 24 city and 28 hwy. It has the Active Drive II with the 3.2 liter engine and is a fully loaded Limited. The pleasing part is the ride and handling. I rented the Escape, CRV, and RAV4 before ordering my Cherokee Oct 2013. It arrived Nov 8th. Everything works as advertised and is very convenient to use. The city driving and parking dynamics are great. It is my daily driver while the Challenger SRT8 is a fair weather auto. It fits the garage easily with the rear hatch door clearing the open garage door overhead. Good planning. I love the styling both on the exterior and interior. The interior materials and layout is superior to the three other SUVs I drove. Jeep got this right from the start."

2014 Cherokee - Great Ride

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Value, Aesthetics, Build Quality and Ride"

Cons: "Electic passenger seat not available"

"We have owned this car for about 1 month with 1400 miles on it. The new Cherokee is a great car at an extremely reasonable price. We were looking for a car for about 2 years, wanting to replace our 2005 Volvo XC70. We test drove almost everything including RAV4, MB GLK, MB ML 350, Volvo XC60 and XC70, BMWs, Honda CRVs, Kias, Audis…you name it, we drove it. Once the Cherokee was announced we decided to wait for it, since we had finally narrowed the search to the XC60, the Grand Cherokee or the Cherokee. Once we finally drove the Cherokee it was love at first site and drive. We purchased a Limited 4X4 with the Pentastar V6 completely loaded – the car is a bargain. It handles really well, the interior is every bit as nice as any of the cars we drove (nicer than most), the engine is smooth and efficient-we got 27.5 mpg on our first road trip, with about 21 mpg in mixed driving. We love the size of the vehicle - not too big, not too small. The technology package is very nice with blind spot detection, lane change alert and auto high beams. If you are even thinking about this car…go drive it!!"

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

Worst transmission ever

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "looks good great gas mileage (v-6)"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the whole Cherokee looks nice, great mileage, handles well, and then there is the transmission I have had it for 10 months and have taken it back 4 times, it stayed over 3 times. I have been told the jerking is normal as the transmission is looking to give me the best mileage, also that the transmission is designed this way and nothing is wrong. The last visit 2 weeks ago they unloaded all of the software then reloaded it and made some enhancements to the transmission, it was great for 1and 1/2 days then back to what it has been doing all along."