2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,613 - $23,042.

10/7.4

8.2

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great ride, but not reliable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great interface"

Cons: "Leather, bad visibility, failed transmission"

"I purchased this vehicle in January of 2014 and loved it. I drove it as a commuter and around town. After 4 months I noticed the leather seats are not very durable. Average use caused the leather to crease badly, nearly cracking. I've owned several cars with leather and this was the least durable. I have to apply extra leather treatment products to prevent the leather from wearing further. After only 8,000 I also went to get the transmission reflashed. Jeep released an update in May for the transmission. I was hoping it would cure the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The day after I brought it in and was told there was no update for my vehicle (the service department did not have the most recent updates) my transmission failed. I own the Trailhawk and like the ride. It's very smooth, cruises at a low RPM with little road noise. The interface is great. However, visibility is very bad, the front pillars block a lot of the view while turning. Also, the transmission shifted hard between certain gears then went out after only 8,000 miles. I also hardly got the 25 mpg highway rating for the V6 engine. In addition each Jeep dealership I've dealt with have not been helpful. I would not recommend buying a Cherokee or a Jeep in general."

WORST CAR EVER

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"No reviews mention the Sport, it is horrible! The engine has no power, you almost have to push the accelerator all the way down for passing. The transmission is NOT smooth when it shifts gears; I truly get sea sick in my car. I am currently looking to trade it in."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Fully loaded TH with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Came from a Jeep GC and so glad I went with the TH; more luxurious, better off-road, and that shark face front end is an awesome look."

Buyer Beware!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "It was fun to drive and I like the interior."

Cons: "Unrealiable. Have had 2 major mechanical issues."

"I began my lease on a 2014 Trailhawk in January of 2014. The car had 250 miles on it. I thought the car was great. I enjoyed driving it. But at around 800 miles the car started making a funny noise. I took it to the dealership for service. They discovered that my rear differential was broken! I never even drove off road with the car! Fast forward to this past week. I now have about 4000 miles on the car. Again I had a noise but this time it was coming from the front. The problem now? Something is broken with the transmission and they need to replace the whole thing. The first time I was without my car for a week. This time I'm without it for almost 2 weeks."

and the winner is ... Cherokee Trailhawk

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "True Jeep off-roader and much more"

Cons: "Cloth seats could be better"

"Finally, after a year of looking we traded in our late model Jeep wrangler and picked up a brand new Cherokee Trailhawk. We are die-hard Jeep fans and must have 'trail-rated' ability or don't bother. Other brands just don't cut it, and we have looked at all of them. Comfort and versatility are also important. The Cherokee Trailhawk nails both these requirements to the wall. The off-road ability is quite frankly, surprisingly good, although it takes some time getting used to the electronic controls of the 4X4 mechanisms to invoke 4 Lo, hill descent, diff locking and so on. Still, this vehicle climbs just a like a real Jeep should. The many other features, such as climate control, sat-nav, stereo/media system, driver assist systems and safety items are well designed and very functional. Some may hate the look, we love it. The highway ride is fine, reasonably quiet and we have found no transmission shift issues (as has been reported in the past) Having only driven it for a short time we can't comment on reliability but overall build quality seems quite high with nice fit/finish and nothing quirky showing up. However, we purchased the extended basic warranty (to five years) from Chrysler/Jeep as protection against failure of any of the very complex systems on board. Other than we wish the cloth seats were more padded and comfy, this vehicle ticks all the boxes"

Best JEEP i've owned

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage,Handling,LOOK,"

Cons: "Cargo space,"

2014 Cherokee

"Having owned 3 other Jeeps in the last 15 years i can honestly say THIS BY FAR IS THE BEST ONE YET!! The 4x4 latitude 6 cyl 3.2L got me through every snow storm this winter with my 120 mile round trip commute.The Cherokee handles well. I opted for the comfort/convenience package. with the 8.4" touch. Highway gas mileage is GREAT i'm averaging 29.7 MPG with my cruise control set at 64 MPH.( 6cylinder Jeep who would of ever thought!! )Interior is of quality material and roomy. Dash display is well lite and modern.The 9 speed tranny at times seem jittery in 1st-2nd gear but not out of the norm. with 271 hp it's got the pep for what your need.And finally having owned Jeeps before i love the direction JEEP is heading with the NEW LOOK!!!!"

2014 Cherokee

Jack of all trades and prices

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Off road ability, ride and options"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Let me be honest, I'm writing this to stick my finger in Chrysler's eye. I figure this is the only way to get them to fix this vehicle's sole glaring problem. I'll get to that in a moment but, first I'll be polite and tell you what I like. I've only test driven this vehicle (five Trailhawks, 3.2 liter). Presently owning a 2004 Jeep Liberty which sounds like a bomb went off when you hit a pothole, this is quite an improvement. I've test driven a Mercedes GLK 350 and an Acura RDX and found the ride just as good (and quieter than the Mercedes). I could complain about the $41k price tag for a loaded Trailhawk but, you could buy a $23k Sport if your inclined. One quick poke at Chrysler. They blow a lot of smoke about off road ability but, see if you can find all the serious mechanical options on the local lots (ex: tow package). I think Chrysler got a deal on dead Italian cows because they're trying very hard to stick leather seats in our faces. On to the big complaint, the transmission. The vehicle has splendid acceleration from a stop light. However, once you let off the gas the vehicle upshifts to the point that acceleration becomes impossible once cruising. To get adequate acceleration, you can hammer the throttle to get it to downshift but, is this what you want to do in the city? There are no wheel mounted paddle shifters on this vehicle but, you can use the Electronic Range Select (high gear limit in drive mode) on the floor shifter but, this also is an aggravation when driving in traffic. And as to the sport mode, its appropriate for accelerating onto the freeway but, its high reving recklessness in the city. So why am I so irked? Because I want to buy the vehicle. I mean, what's the average Joe going to buy that's quality and not north of $50k? The rocket scientists at Ford couldn't even but roof rails on the Edge and the Escape will toss your head to the point of discomfort. Enough said."

Overall I love this small SUV

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Uconnect controls, comfort, luxury, gas mileage,"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"I used to own a Jeep back in 1997 it was a Cherokee too but after having all of makes and models of SUVs I wanted to be with the Jeep family again. I've purchased a Cherokee Latitude it's fully loaded in comfort have ventilated seats from cooled to heated. Navigation in UCONNECT ft. includes Bluetooth, excellent audio system and more new options include. I picked a V6 engine it makes this compact SUV drive very smooth on a Terrain dial mode as going uphill or passing through the mountains that was available on Latitude model. Interior fit and finish is worth having a good price and incentives includes amenities with value that is worth for Cherokee. Seats are comfortable no 3rd row seating wasn't available but will have comfort in luxury while rear seats reclines on a long trip our children loves it as they can fall asleep on going for a summer vacation. It's quiet on having outstanding handling gets great mpg on 30 miles to gallon. I love all of controls was built to be like a Jeep on making it more top of the line. Available with an panoramic moon roof and UCONNECT emergency 911 assistance something like GM with OnStar it's a steal on updated options. I would highly recommend buying this SUV just counting on reliability have before decided to trade off."

LUV OUR CHEROKEE

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "3rd row seating, controls, dual sunroof, features,"

Cons: "electronics devics from ipod don't work w/Uconnect"

"I bought my Cherokee Latitude after leasing a Compass fell in loved with new styling and top of the line features. It's a great small mini crossover and absolutely drives very smooth. Love the eight speed transmission gives excellent performance a more adequate ride on great gas mileage. U/connect Navigation, blue tooth, radio, cooled, heated ventilated seats, rearview camera, comfortable interior and 6 cylinder engine is a blast going at any speed. Value, incentives and financing was best after doing lease return...I'm happier on buying another Jeep SUV this is our favorite SUV includes dual sunroof and leather seats available on Latitude model. Very quiet with powerful acceleration on a smooth V6 engine its best than ever. Seats have enough support in buckets and the 3rd row was still available giving plenty extra room. We love our Cherokee Latitude on lots of new extras paid at a better price after leasing a Compass on something being more base model with few little options we saw our beautiful Cherokee right in front the dealership so figured we must buy it quickly and both of us did was worth being under $30,000.00."

One is not enough

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "Few...maybe none"

"Bought a FWD Limited last November , my wife drove it through one of the worst winters in Chicago with no problems. She loves it. I love it so much I bought a 4x4 Latiude for myself. I pick it up tomorrow, my 4th Jeep"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next