2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,570 - $23,091.

10/7.4

7.6

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Most Disappointing Purschase/Disappointing Support

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks good for the price"

Cons: "-Quality. -Customer Serivce. -Transmission"

"I purchased this car brand new. Within the first two days the transmission started jerking really hard between gears 1-3. On day 6 the exterior door handle just fell off. On day 10 the transmission got worse and jerked incessantly. It has been in service for 8 days out of the first two weeks I have had the vehicle. When discussing with Chrysler corporation I was told "It was completely normal and I didn't know how to drive it." They also informed me they would not be fixing anything because nothing is wrong, however my car is still in the shop to "not fix anything." Will NEVER buy anything Chrysler again nor would I recommend any Chrysler product after their "customer Service" and "normal transmission.""

Transmission nightmare!

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Good gas mileage for a V6"

Cons: "Transmission, UConnect is underwhelming"

"Day after buying my Jeep Cherokee Latitude, I was driving to work and I get low oil pressure warning and car loses all pickup. Bring it to dealership the next day to find out that the connection that hold the oil filter on was cracked and spewing oil. After they fix that I notice the transmission slips on stop and go and when going from reverse into drive. Bring it back to dealership (2nd visit in less than a week of owning the Jeep). They assure me that the oil issue and the transmission are not connected. After keeping the car all day they tell me the computer isn’t giving them any errors to which I respond by telling them to drive it and tell me that there’s nothing wrong with it…. I get a call back the next day saying that they would do a transmission adjustment which takes a while and may not make a difference. When I pick it up I’m told, “The transmission has to learn your driving habits so that it can adjust to you and it will get better over time”. After diving a short distance I notice a slight difference but the issues were still there. Now I’ve got about 5500 miles on it and I notice a rattle under the car when it starts and a high pitched noise when sitting idle. The transmission is worse than ever. Backing out of my driveway is a daily adventure wondering if it’s going to engage smooth or slip and bang into gear jerking the car forward. When going up minor hills it will drop from fourth or fifth gear to first or second gear and send the RMP’s between 4k – 5k and making it sound like I’m trying to Evil Knievel the hill. If you do some research you’ll see that this is a common problem (transmission). I’ve going to be bringing it back to the dealership asking for some serious answers. I’d recommend that anyone interested in this vehicle wait another year or two until they figure the transmission out. Right now we’re the guinea pigs paying hard earned money to do their testing for them…."

Great...except when it comes to the transmission

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Heated Seats & Steering Wheel"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!"

"I bought my Cherokee Limited (4X4 V6) in Jan 2014. I have to admit that I was distracted by all the "shiny" extras. Had I done some research I may have thought twice about buying it. If it weren't for the transmission this would be the best vehicle I've ever owned. BUT...the transmission has been a problem since not long after I bought it. It's been in the shop several times. The first two times they did updates to the transmission and it seemed to help some for a little while but the sluggishness and hesitation always came back. I took it back in June and let them have it overnight so one of the mechanics could drive it home (about 100 mile round trip). After that I was told it was "running the way it was designed to run". So, I sucked it up and learned to deal with it. Through the summer it seemed to be running a little better but as soon as the weather turned it started hesitating badly and the shifting was rougher than it had been. Then I started hearing a strange noise when I got to around 30-40 mph. I called the shop the next morning and was told to bring it in. Turns out something broke and all of my transmission fluid was draining and they are going to have to replace the entire transmission. I'm hoping this will solve all of the problems I've had from the start but I'm afraid it's just going to be like starting from square one. I've only read one review that talks about performance after the new transmission and it was a good review. Hopefully I have the same experience. I have several friends who own Jeeps, although none who own the Cherokee, and love them. I wish I knew how that felt."

Should have done my research first! Buyer beware!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Great options for the price, nice styling"

Cons: "Unreliable,"

"I'm so disappointed with my purchase. Now that I'm reading similar reviews, I see many others have had similar problems. I purchased a 2014 4x4 Cherokee Limited exactly 2 weeks ago. I drove it for two days, less than 200 miles, when the all wheel drive system began trying to engage and locking the wheels up every time I would take off from a stop. It has now been in the dealership's garage for 10 days and they tell me they're not sure what the issue is. The have ordered parts (taking another stab in the dark at how to fix it) which I was told will take an additional 2 weeks to even be delivered to the dealership! Meanwhile, I will have a car payment due at that time for a vehicle I haven't even ran 1/2 tank of gas through yet! My hope is the garage has it for more than 30 days and I can utilize the Lemon Law in my state. Do your research people! I should have known better and chose something different instead of buying this on an impulse. :("

Once a Jeep, always a Jeep

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Car comfort with off roading capability"

Cons: "Transmission had to be completely exchanged."

"Except for the transmission that just had to be completely removed and replaced, I really enjoy this car. No more problems with the new transmission. I have the 4x4 limited and was able to pull a Toyota Tacoma pre-runner stuck in the mud !!"