2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,747 - $23,220.

10/7.4

8.0

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Electronics do not work well. Third time in shop

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "electronics do NOT work"

"Electronics have not worked well. Car has been in the shop 3 times. Navigation was showing roads we had never heard of. The go home button would tell us we were 592 miles to home but we were less than 20. My clock goes backward by a minute then forward, then backward, then forward. Time jumps forward and then stops working. Error message on screen continually says "Vehicle Phone needs service. Contact Dealer". Dealer has been trying to resolve for months. They have no idea what is wrong. Driving a rental car at the moment while they once again attempt to fix my phone, clock, navigation and radio."

feeling sick

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "good on gas, smooth ride, nice interior"

Cons: "transmittion"

"I am 1/2 way down on my first tank of gas and transmission has to be replaced.... need to say more?"

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

This is the BEST in Class of small SUVs.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive it and love the features."

Cons: "NONE"

"The Jeep reliability and toughness made this a no brainer as I have traveled the back roads of Colorado since 1987. I have used everything from my bought new 1978 International Scout, 2003 Durango, and now the 2014 Cherokee. It performed as well on four wheel drive trails as the other two with a superb level of comfort and conveniences. The gas mileage is better than EPA estimates with 24 city and 28 hwy. It has the Active Drive II with the 3.2 liter engine and is a fully loaded Limited. The pleasing part is the ride and handling. I rented the Escape, CRV, and RAV4 before ordering my Cherokee Oct 2013. It arrived Nov 8th. Everything works as advertised and is very convenient to use. The city driving and parking dynamics are great. It is my daily driver while the Challenger SRT8 is a fair weather auto. It fits the garage easily with the rear hatch door clearing the open garage door overhead. Good planning. I love the styling both on the exterior and interior. The interior materials and layout is superior to the three other SUVs I drove. Jeep got this right from the start."

First Jeep - Great Experience So Far!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Interior, quietness, power, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Relatively small rear cargo area"

"After driving small SUVs from Ford, Chevy, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Audi, BMW and Mercedes, I decided on the 2014 Cherokee Limited V6 4WD. I feel it was by far the best combination of value, comfort, interior & exterior quality, driving experience, power, towing ability, mpg, and styling. Despite it being a relatively heavy vehicle for its class, it handles extremely well, is exceptionally quiet, and feels very stable and comfortable to drive. Nothing felt out of place from the time I test drove this vehicle. The feel of the (heated) steering wheel, accelerator location, braking response and feel....all perfect for me. The V6 is exceptionally responsive, and my average mileage is 24.9 mpg, much better than I had expected. I often get over 30 mpg on highway trips; considering the EPA estimates, I am very pleased with this, and did not expect more. I am usually not one to order factory navigation systems, as I like my portable Garmin; however I did order my Cherokee with the Nav. Package and I am very happy with it so far: very intuitive, offers more than my ol' Garmin, the SiriusXM is nice to have, being able to check the weather, gas prices, find the closest Culver's, etc., are all great features, and the best part is, it is easy to use, especially with the voice recognition feature. The only single slight objection is the relatively small cargo area behind the second seats; unable to store my golf clubs without dropping down a portion of the 60/40 rear seat....but I can live with that. Overall, this has been a joy of the vehicle to drive."