2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,273 - $22,942.

10/7.4

7.2

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Trail hawk like the look and feel of it different

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "different look fun to drive price seems high"

Cons: "could have more turnk space"

"So far so good I have the trail hawk 2015 by jeep Cherokee 6 cylinder I had 40 miles on it and like the ride so far no clunk in the trans yet runs great pretty fast for a 6 price ok could of been better . I like the look nick named it homer for homer Simpson Lol the right side for a family of two we also have a Cadillac Escalade ,but the jeep so far is fun I am 60 and can say I like it so far leather navigation camera back up I got the mid grade not the top shelf I had two days so real just like the style and size and I put 89 gas in it runs great so far I will tell you more later wish me luck got the 100mile warranty"

I Like It

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "All Around Great Vehicle"

Cons: "Infotainment Updates By Jeep Cause Nav Delays"

"Currently leasing a 2015 Limited version with the 8.4AN. I've owned numerous cars over the last 10 or so years, and this is surprisingly my favorite to date...yes even above an Audi, BMW, Nissan etc. Quality is very good although i'm noticing some creasing in the leather seats. Only con is when Jeep Service performs updates on the infotainment system which then causes a 2 week period of delays and issues with Nav. My wife has the Nissan Rogue with the same features and the quality isn't even close to my Cherokee. No issues with the transmissions to date...most likely due to purchasing the 2015 model in lieu of the 2014. Get it. It's good."

Transmission nightmare

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Interior trim is primo"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, ETC., ET"

"There ought to be a class action suit against Chrysler for putting a transmission on the market not fully de-bugged. Jeep service people say the tranny has to "learn" how you drive to settle down; it's had 6500 miles to do that and it's still as "clunky", "jerky" and uncomfortable and scary to drive as ever. Scary because of the lack of any smoothness between gears and the fear that the drive train will break as soon as the warranty expires. This is one of the worst car investments I've made and just don't have the time or inclination to file the lemon law process. Fortunately, this is a company lease which is unfortunate as I've exposed my company to costs down the road that reflect on me. Lousy car experience and Chrysler employees have been less than helpful. At one point they offered to buy back the car then had a change of heart when they claimed the transmission, bad as it was, was not categorized as a manufacturer's defect. If it isn't defective what is it??"

Stuck on side of road after only 6 months

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Frustrating Experience on every level"

"Buyer beware, this car has transmission issues. (look up 2015 jeep Cherokee transmission issues) I couldn't understand why my brand new automatic car was hesitating, shifting between gears slowly and running sluggish until it died on the side of the road, miles from home! Come to find out there is a software update issue. I waited 3 hours for Chrysler Road Side Assistance to come ( an hour a half later than they said) and was just told I may need a new transmission. Really?? Who cares if the car is under warranty. A brand new car with only 5000 miles should not break down.I am leasing this car and do not plan on ever leasing a jeep again. Unfortunately I have 2 and half years to go."

A great upscale SUV value proposition

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value, 4wd, unique design"

Cons: "None of note really - perhaps a smallish trunk"

"Owned the Cherokee Limited with the V6 engine since May last year and am very pleased with its performance, reliability and "fun to drive" factor. Previously drove a Land Rover and find the Cherokee better while costing '000s less. My advice is get either the Limited or Trailhawk version, as the lesser Cherokees lack some key equipment. Also get the V6 engine (this is a 4,000+ lb beast) and definitely get a 4x4 version (there are 3 to choose from). Also very nice are the Technology group with a lot of driver aides, Luxury group and the pano sun roof. Took a number of long distance trips and the car has been as solid as a rock. Performance in snow has been A++. Love the car and even more love the $$ saved in purchasing it."