2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,252 - $22,929.

10/7.4

7.3

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

No for more bad news

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Pros: "Agressive design and sharp interior"

Cons: "Transmission and gutless motor"

"Gosh I had high hopes for this lease vehicle. It has several nice interior design touches and the exterior has eye pleasing lines with an aggressive front end. BUT...as an earlier reviewer stated...TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION. I already need a transmission!?! KBB gave the vehicle high marks based on the German designed 9 speed tranny...too bad it don't work! Can't recommend the model at this point."

Annoying unresolveable wind noise

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Great interior features, good handling"

Cons: "Please refer to review above"

"There is an extremely annoying noise created from the gap between the hatch and the size of the seal. Per Jeep and two dealer evaluations, this is "a characteristic of the model". Beyond maddening, 30K+ for a wind bucket"

Great Bang for the Buck

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Hi-tech options, reasonable price, fun, dependable"

Cons: "Limited storage, bugs that come with new tech"

"I've owned the KL Trailhawk for about a year now and used it for everything from a week-long trip through 6 states and back to daily commuter. I haven't really had it off-road yet but I have driven it in snow several times. Jeep has done an outstanding job with this vehicle. I got the tech package that includes options such as adaptive cruise control, forward collision avoidance, active lane sense (actually pulls the car back into proper lane if wandering), automatic wipers and headlights (and high-beams) and even park assist. These are options not normally available at this pricepoint. The V6 has excellent power and the stock tires are grippy yet give a smooth ride on the highway. It's not the best vehicle available for any single purpose but it does everything I've thrown at well. The interior design is very nice, especially with the leather package and I actually like the exterior design (the main point of contention from it's most vocal critics). I think Fiat/Jeep could have saved a lot of grief by just giving it a different name and the "purists" would have been happy(er anyway). The only gripes I have are the limited storage (I knew this when I bought it though) and the new 9 speed tranny takes a little getting used to. Generally, you don't notice the transmission but there are times when it shows it's new tech and still has a few bugs - like when I slow almost to a stop and hit the accelerator again it wants to stay in 3rd and I can either force a downshift or just wait it out as rpms slowly increase. Sport mode seems to alleviate the issue but it's not that big of a deal to me. They've already released updates for the transmission and I'm hopeful more are coming. This is a minor gripe and many people probably wouldn't even notice it if they experienced it. Overall, I think the KL is a great value. It's fun to drive, fairly economical and a great conversation starter."

Good All Around Vehicle for City/Burbs and Cruisin

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Quality Interior, Sound Ride, Sleek Styling"

Cons: "Occassonally Sluggish Transmission"

"I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for the more civilized Jeep Cherokee to ride around town. Here's my take: I opted for the gas friendly V4 and have not been disappointed. Around town I average 23-24mpg but once you hit the highway it's a dream. Although some say it's sluggish I think its fine for a vehicle this size. Four cylinder engines have come a long way. The nine speed transmission is usually smooth but will jump once in a while from 2nd to 3rd gears. The inside of the Cherokee Limited is well appointed and reminded me of an Acura. I love the Nappa Leather seats and cockpit which include a 3.5" color screen in its cluster. Favorite features include the keyless ignition, adaptive cruise control, automatic headlights and the 8.4 inch touchscreen. The style of the Jeep Cherokee is very appealing. I choose the EcoGreen color and have already gotten several complements. Although different, I applaud the bent grill design and sleek body lines. The alloy wheels and LED lights add a touch of sophistication. Overall the Jeep Cherokee is much better than the Wrangler I had and that was a great car!"

excellent car

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "great price"

"we purchased the trailhook couple weeks ago which is 2014 v6 3.2 and I absolutely love it . Great suv and in the same time not a huge suv I love it the way it looks it rides great very very comfortable although it has off-road suspension and I think it's a luxury suv from the inside and great looks from the outside however my wife doesn't really like the way it looks from outside she said it's kinda manly looking I guess that's why I love I think it's different it has great power but so far so good only 1500 miles . As far as mpg I get 29 mpg on highway only on cruise control which is most of my driving which I think it awesome for a v6 4 by 4 . Not so sure about the uconnect app it takes a really long time to send the signal to your car to lock or unlock or remote start but I don't really care so much about since I use my keys to do that anyway and it's free for 1 year . Very nice size screen , lots of options 100k miles powetrain warranty can't ask for more . Good luck to you shopping for a new car."