2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,257 - $22,852.

10/7.4

7.4

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

poor performance

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "looks good"

"The transmission is poorly engineered. When you go from first gear you are push back in your seat. It gives you a very bumpy ride, cheap springs and shocks The heater takes about 10 miles of driving to start putting out heat poor engineering."

Love, Love My New Jeep!

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Great Value! Great Design! Interior feels spacious"

Cons: "Kids have trouble buckling back seatbelt"

"We test drove almost every midsize SUV, decided on a 2015 4 cylinder 4x4 Jeep Sport. It seemed like the Jeep had more of our desired options in the base package. We also could add on alloy wheels without having to add a lot of extra features and it seemed to be a little better quality than comparable SUV's. I have about 2,000 miles on it. It handles very well; heat works great, and no problems going up a steep driveway in a small sleet/snow storm. It also is a very comfortable ride with plenty of leg room. The 4 cylinder seems to be enough power for me. My husband is jealous and wants one as well! I'll be driving this one for a long time!"

I wish I would have read some reviews!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "great if you leave it on your driveway"

"Expected more from a Jeep. Nice looking, but completely unreliable. Been stuck twice on the highway with the "service transmission" indicator coming on. I was lucky to be able to get to the highway shoulder, on the second instance (with tractor trailers flying by). No gear changes. FW upgrade did not fix the problem. First time at 1000mi. Barely 2 months old right now. With similar postings on the web, this is clearly not just one lemon!"

Transmission failed while test driving

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Cute, Cheap to buy"

Cons: "not reliable at all"

"We were looking to add another vehicle our choices were narrowed to Acura ILX, Jeep Cherokee and RAV 4. we asked if we could test drive the Cherokee. little nice looking crossover with good MPG. nice and smooth ride on city. I asked if I could go on a freeway and the young salesman said yes. he was very cooporative btw, starting from the first gear getting entering freeway the check engine light "transmission service" light warning popped up. we decided to exit from freeway and take the street back. 1st gear was busted and the little cute corssover would start from the 2nd gear. we were upset but our salesman was mad and upset from JEEP. Do they inspect the car before putting into lot to sale?"

2014 Jeep Cherokee V-6 Pentastar 10000 miles later

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Build Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Lack of power passenger seat"

"Bottom line – we still like this car quite a bit after 1 year and 10,000 miles. We bought the Jeep Cherokee Limited Pentastar V-6 (loaded) about a year and 4 months ago. We have not had any problems with it other than the windshield spontaneously cracked in our garage one night. This was after being outside with it on a very hot day. Jeep replaced the windshield as defective, since we clearly did not take a stone or another object to create the crack. We also had a rattle in the back seat, but Jeep also repaired that – other than that, no other problems or rattles. As far as mpg, we are getting 19-21 mpg in city driving (northern VA where traffic can be bad) and 27-28 mpg on the highway. Not bad at all. It has been reliable, comfortable, big enough and fun to drive. We have had a few software upgrades on the transmission, which does make a difference. Would we buy it again? Yes, most likely. There is nothing that is disappointing about the car (other than the lack of a power passenger seat) – but we knew that going into it. The air cooled seats are worth every penny and the U-CONNECT is very nice. We cart around sea kayaks on the roof, and we find it relatively easy to load (low enough) and the racks themselves have a high enough capacity to support the kayaks (other manufacturers except Volvo have such a low capacity on the roof rails that they not an option for us). About the spare (from another review) – you have to buy the tow package to get a spare. We did an earlier review on why we bought it in the first place on Dec 8, 2013 – “2014 Cherokee - Great Ride”. It’s still a great ride."