2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,044 - $22,745.

10/7.4

7.2

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

the complete CUV under $35,000

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Quite interior confortable seating great handleing"

Cons: "small back"

"First get the V6. The Cherokee is a heavy vehicle it needs the bigger engine. You will sacrifice a couple MPG's but it is worth it. The interior is well appointed and quite. Great handling on the road and with the 9 speed highway driving is a breeze and off road well it's jeep. If you really go off roading then go with active drive 2 otherwise active drive 1 will do the trick for snow or driving on the beach. The only real competitors I found were thousands of dollars more. This a really value play in my opinion for what you get. For around additional $2000 you can a lifetime warranty which I recommend because the Cherokee is computer on wheels"

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

Issues with Headlights and Transmission

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Interior design and layout, solid "feel""

Cons: "Water inside headlights, transmission "sticks""

"I purchased a new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude mid-December 2013. Approximately two weeks later, I noticed that significant amounts of water had collected on the inside of both headlights. I returned the car to the Jeep dealership where they replaced both headlights citing a Service Bulletin which acknowledged the potential for condensation in the lights. A week later, on a 5 degree night , I found frost built-up on the inside of one of the new headlights; I brought the car back to Jeep. This time, however, the service department used the Service Bulletin (SB 08-086-13) to justify not replacing the lights. The Bulletin maintains that the condition is acceptable in that it "will usually clear as atmospheric conditions change (I kid you not) to allow the condensation to change back into a vapor. Turning the lights on will usually accelerate the process." In other words, the deficiencies in the headlights design, manufacturing process, and/ or installation are to be addressed by the actions of the customer (or apparently Mother Nature), not Jeep. In the numerous discussions with sales, service and corporate customer service, representatives agreed the Bulletin does not address the issue (from a customer standpoint) but insisted that there was nothing they could do. My corporate Case Manager has closed my file all while noting he had received multiple complaints related to the dullness of the lights . In addition to the headlight issue, the transmission tends to "stick" or "hang-up" during transitions between gears, especially at speeds under 25 mph. This condition is intermittent and varies in degree of severity but tends to be more pronounced when descending in speed. In the more extreme cases a "clunking" noise/vibration was felt which emanated from the bottom of the car. Jeep updated the transmission software program but this resulted in no noticeable improvement. Note - With Active Drive I, there is no mechanism to manually engage full-time 4 wheel drive. The Selec- Terrain dial which puts the car into Snow, Mud, etc. mode does not put the car into 4-wheel drive - it adjusts other systems. With Active Drive II there is a Rear Axle Lock which is available (i.e., the car is simply an AWD without it). I only mention this because the sales department was apparently trained otherwise; I needed to go to Jeep corporate to get clarification. One final thought - the customer will do most of the "homework" in trying to resolve these issues. Sales sent me to service, service commented that maybe corporate had a new light design in the works (i.e., the customer should call corporate), corporate asked me if I would ask the service department if they had a different light that could be installed, etc. All good questions that should have been tracked down and answered by someone who took ownership of the issue - FROM JEEP! Meanwhile I have a car the family is hesitant to drive because of headlights that could become significantly impaired and the transmission."

Trailhawk exceeds my expectations

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Nice size. Fun to drive. Great in snow."

Cons: "Trailhawk model's gas mileage seems to be less."

"I purchased the Trailhawk model a month ago. I am very happy with it. Sometimes the ride seems a bit bouncy but I expect that with an off road capable SUV. It feels sturdy and able to handle any road conditions. The interior is comfortable and tech savvy. The Trailhawk's gas mileage seems to be less than the other models. Overall I think it's a great vehicle that fits my needs perfectly."

Great Ride! Excellent technology

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, very quiet. Lights are great."

"Great ride, even going over pot holes and driving on rough roads this vehicle has a very nice ride. We got the FWD not needing a 4x4 since we don't do off road driving. The 2.4 engine has plenty of power. MPG seem like they will be an improvement over the Compass we had. First tank got 26.6 MPG according to dash computer. Being new and still breaking in I think that is great."