2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,252 - $22,929.

10/7.4

7.3

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

This is the BEST in Class of small SUVs.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive it and love the features."

Cons: "NONE"

"The Jeep reliability and toughness made this a no brainer as I have traveled the back roads of Colorado since 1987. I have used everything from my bought new 1978 International Scout, 2003 Durango, and now the 2014 Cherokee. It performed as well on four wheel drive trails as the other two with a superb level of comfort and conveniences. The gas mileage is better than EPA estimates with 24 city and 28 hwy. It has the Active Drive II with the 3.2 liter engine and is a fully loaded Limited. The pleasing part is the ride and handling. I rented the Escape, CRV, and RAV4 before ordering my Cherokee Oct 2013. It arrived Nov 8th. Everything works as advertised and is very convenient to use. The city driving and parking dynamics are great. It is my daily driver while the Challenger SRT8 is a fair weather auto. It fits the garage easily with the rear hatch door clearing the open garage door overhead. Good planning. I love the styling both on the exterior and interior. The interior materials and layout is superior to the three other SUVs I drove. Jeep got this right from the start."

Love it. Awesome car for the money.

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, comfortable seats, smooth ride"

Cons: "haven't found any yet!"

"I had been looking at buying a new car for about six months. I was looking at the Grand Cherokees and really wanted the limited but did not want to spend as much on it. I am glad they brought the Cherokee back. For the limited I saved over 10000 and it is every bit the car that the Grand is just a smaller version. The 8.4" screen with navigation, and rear camera are very nice to have . If you are thinking of getting this car and are not sure since it is new, I recommend going for a test drive. You will fall in love with it like I did. The Uconnect feature on this car is great. I love to use it to remote start my car with my cell phone. Very quiet running and a smooth ride"

Worst transmission ever

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "looks good great gas mileage (v-6)"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the whole Cherokee looks nice, great mileage, handles well, and then there is the transmission I have had it for 10 months and have taken it back 4 times, it stayed over 3 times. I have been told the jerking is normal as the transmission is looking to give me the best mileage, also that the transmission is designed this way and nothing is wrong. The last visit 2 weeks ago they unloaded all of the software then reloaded it and made some enhancements to the transmission, it was great for 1and 1/2 days then back to what it has been doing all along."

Really worth a look. Beat's all the competition.

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Build quality, value for your money."

Cons: "Replacement part availability is still lacking."

Pic of my 2014 Cherokee Latitude

"Bought my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude FWD 11/16/13. So far I totally love this vehicle. Chrysler has done a great job in fit and finish. Much better than vehicles of just a few years ago. Those in the market for a midsize SUV need to look and drive one of these. Makes the competition this competes with look very bad in comparison. V6 is great. 9 speed transmission works very well. Take a look at one and you will see how nice they are."

Pic of my 2014 Cherokee Latitude