2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,713 - $23,144.

10/7.4

8.4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

Jack of all trades and prices

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Off road ability, ride and options"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Let me be honest, I'm writing this to stick my finger in Chrysler's eye. I figure this is the only way to get them to fix this vehicle's sole glaring problem. I'll get to that in a moment but, first I'll be polite and tell you what I like. I've only test driven this vehicle (five Trailhawks, 3.2 liter). Presently owning a 2004 Jeep Liberty which sounds like a bomb went off when you hit a pothole, this is quite an improvement. I've test driven a Mercedes GLK 350 and an Acura RDX and found the ride just as good (and quieter than the Mercedes). I could complain about the $41k price tag for a loaded Trailhawk but, you could buy a $23k Sport if your inclined. One quick poke at Chrysler. They blow a lot of smoke about off road ability but, see if you can find all the serious mechanical options on the local lots (ex: tow package). I think Chrysler got a deal on dead Italian cows because they're trying very hard to stick leather seats in our faces. On to the big complaint, the transmission. The vehicle has splendid acceleration from a stop light. However, once you let off the gas the vehicle upshifts to the point that acceleration becomes impossible once cruising. To get adequate acceleration, you can hammer the throttle to get it to downshift but, is this what you want to do in the city? There are no wheel mounted paddle shifters on this vehicle but, you can use the Electronic Range Select (high gear limit in drive mode) on the floor shifter but, this also is an aggravation when driving in traffic. And as to the sport mode, its appropriate for accelerating onto the freeway but, its high reving recklessness in the city. So why am I so irked? Because I want to buy the vehicle. I mean, what's the average Joe going to buy that's quality and not north of $50k? The rocket scientists at Ford couldn't even but roof rails on the Edge and the Escape will toss your head to the point of discomfort. Enough said."

Overall I love this small SUV

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Uconnect controls, comfort, luxury, gas mileage,"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"I used to own a Jeep back in 1997 it was a Cherokee too but after having all of makes and models of SUVs I wanted to be with the Jeep family again. I've purchased a Cherokee Latitude it's fully loaded in comfort have ventilated seats from cooled to heated. Navigation in UCONNECT ft. includes Bluetooth, excellent audio system and more new options include. I picked a V6 engine it makes this compact SUV drive very smooth on a Terrain dial mode as going uphill or passing through the mountains that was available on Latitude model. Interior fit and finish is worth having a good price and incentives includes amenities with value that is worth for Cherokee. Seats are comfortable no 3rd row seating wasn't available but will have comfort in luxury while rear seats reclines on a long trip our children loves it as they can fall asleep on going for a summer vacation. It's quiet on having outstanding handling gets great mpg on 30 miles to gallon. I love all of controls was built to be like a Jeep on making it more top of the line. Available with an panoramic moon roof and UCONNECT emergency 911 assistance something like GM with OnStar it's a steal on updated options. I would highly recommend buying this SUV just counting on reliability have before decided to trade off."

LUV OUR CHEROKEE

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "3rd row seating, controls, dual sunroof, features,"

Cons: "electronics devics from ipod don't work w/Uconnect"

"I bought my Cherokee Latitude after leasing a Compass fell in loved with new styling and top of the line features. It's a great small mini crossover and absolutely drives very smooth. Love the eight speed transmission gives excellent performance a more adequate ride on great gas mileage. U/connect Navigation, blue tooth, radio, cooled, heated ventilated seats, rearview camera, comfortable interior and 6 cylinder engine is a blast going at any speed. Value, incentives and financing was best after doing lease return...I'm happier on buying another Jeep SUV this is our favorite SUV includes dual sunroof and leather seats available on Latitude model. Very quiet with powerful acceleration on a smooth V6 engine its best than ever. Seats have enough support in buckets and the 3rd row was still available giving plenty extra room. We love our Cherokee Latitude on lots of new extras paid at a better price after leasing a Compass on something being more base model with few little options we saw our beautiful Cherokee right in front the dealership so figured we must buy it quickly and both of us did was worth being under $30,000.00."

One is not enough

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "Few...maybe none"

"Bought a FWD Limited last November , my wife drove it through one of the worst winters in Chicago with no problems. She loves it. I love it so much I bought a 4x4 Latiude for myself. I pick it up tomorrow, my 4th Jeep"

No Torque and New Model Glitches

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Reason: Slow and complications

Pros: "Great interior and convenience package."

Cons: "Slow and glitchy"

"Within my first two weeks of having it I was already in Service. The entertainment options had glitches, a fan belt was chirping, plus the engine wouldn't shift on time. They told me the vehicle was still adjusting to my driving patterns and that everything would resolve on it's own. Wow-Come on! . It was slow- zero torque. Reasonable to fill-up but gas burns just trying to get it up to speed. Back up camera and U-Connect remote start great features. The navigation though reroutes the lengthiest ways even when adjusted."