2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,747 - $23,220.

10/7.4

8.0

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Electronics do not work well. Third time in shop

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "electronics do NOT work"

"Electronics have not worked well. Car has been in the shop 3 times. Navigation was showing roads we had never heard of. The go home button would tell us we were 592 miles to home but we were less than 20. My clock goes backward by a minute then forward, then backward, then forward. Time jumps forward and then stops working. Error message on screen continually says "Vehicle Phone needs service. Contact Dealer". Dealer has been trying to resolve for months. They have no idea what is wrong. Driving a rental car at the moment while they once again attempt to fix my phone, clock, navigation and radio."

feeling sick

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "good on gas, smooth ride, nice interior"

Cons: "transmittion"

"I am 1/2 way down on my first tank of gas and transmission has to be replaced.... need to say more?"

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

This is the BEST in Class of small SUVs.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive it and love the features."

Cons: "NONE"

"The Jeep reliability and toughness made this a no brainer as I have traveled the back roads of Colorado since 1987. I have used everything from my bought new 1978 International Scout, 2003 Durango, and now the 2014 Cherokee. It performed as well on four wheel drive trails as the other two with a superb level of comfort and conveniences. The gas mileage is better than EPA estimates with 24 city and 28 hwy. It has the Active Drive II with the 3.2 liter engine and is a fully loaded Limited. The pleasing part is the ride and handling. I rented the Escape, CRV, and RAV4 before ordering my Cherokee Oct 2013. It arrived Nov 8th. Everything works as advertised and is very convenient to use. The city driving and parking dynamics are great. It is my daily driver while the Challenger SRT8 is a fair weather auto. It fits the garage easily with the rear hatch door clearing the open garage door overhead. Good planning. I love the styling both on the exterior and interior. The interior materials and layout is superior to the three other SUVs I drove. Jeep got this right from the start."

First Jeep - Great Experience So Far!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Interior, quietness, power, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Relatively small rear cargo area"

"After driving small SUVs from Ford, Chevy, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Audi, BMW and Mercedes, I decided on the 2014 Cherokee Limited V6 4WD. I feel it was by far the best combination of value, comfort, interior & exterior quality, driving experience, power, towing ability, mpg, and styling. Despite it being a relatively heavy vehicle for its class, it handles extremely well, is exceptionally quiet, and feels very stable and comfortable to drive. Nothing felt out of place from the time I test drove this vehicle. The feel of the (heated) steering wheel, accelerator location, braking response and feel....all perfect for me. The V6 is exceptionally responsive, and my average mileage is 24.9 mpg, much better than I had expected. I often get over 30 mpg on highway trips; considering the EPA estimates, I am very pleased with this, and did not expect more. I am usually not one to order factory navigation systems, as I like my portable Garmin; however I did order my Cherokee with the Nav. Package and I am very happy with it so far: very intuitive, offers more than my ol' Garmin, the SiriusXM is nice to have, being able to check the weather, gas prices, find the closest Culver's, etc., are all great features, and the best part is, it is easy to use, especially with the voice recognition feature. The only single slight objection is the relatively small cargo area behind the second seats; unable to store my golf clubs without dropping down a portion of the 60/40 rear seat....but I can live with that. Overall, this has been a joy of the vehicle to drive."

I have had many of vehicles, This one of the best

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Power, Mileage, quie and fun to drive"

Cons: "None."

"I have had my Cherokee Limited, 6 cyl with 2WD for 8 months now, no problems and great mileage and power. I researched all the SUV's and thought the Cherokee was best for me. Very satisfied."

Beep Beep - Love My New Jeep Cherokee Limited!

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, interior quality, navigation"

Cons: "Spare tire option"

"This is my third Jeep having previously owned a 1987 base 4X4 Cherokee and a 1992 4X4 Grand Cherokee. This time around I opted for a 4X2, 4 cylinder Limited edition with navigation & panoramic roof options and couldn't be happier. The 4 cylinder is more than adequate under most conditions given the HP and vehicle weight, and provides the improved MPG I sought. The fit and finish of the interior has Fiat's style fingerprints all over it and outshines the competition in this class. To all the exterior haters, the looks will grow on you and likely represents the future trend in automotive design. Besides, exterior looks go unnoticed in the passenger compartment where all the amenities come into play to enhance the day to day driving experience. I did my research and the Cherokee was by far the best value of any compact SUV with comparable features by several $1K's. After test driving the vehicle and deciding to purchase, I sourced the lowest e-commerce price in the area that met my specification and negotiated with the local dealership to match the price and transfer the in stock vehicle."

Good All Around Vehicle for City/Burbs and Cruisin

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Quality Interior, Sound Ride, Sleek Styling"

Cons: "Occassonally Sluggish Transmission"

"I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for the more civilized Jeep Cherokee to ride around town. Here's my take: I opted for the gas friendly V4 and have not been disappointed. Around town I average 23-24mpg but once you hit the highway it's a dream. Although some say it's sluggish I think its fine for a vehicle this size. Four cylinder engines have come a long way. The nine speed transmission is usually smooth but will jump once in a while from 2nd to 3rd gears. The inside of the Cherokee Limited is well appointed and reminded me of an Acura. I love the Nappa Leather seats and cockpit which include a 3.5" color screen in its cluster. Favorite features include the keyless ignition, adaptive cruise control, automatic headlights and the 8.4 inch touchscreen. The style of the Jeep Cherokee is very appealing. I choose the EcoGreen color and have already gotten several complements. Although different, I applaud the bent grill design and sleek body lines. The alloy wheels and LED lights add a touch of sophistication. Overall the Jeep Cherokee is much better than the Wrangler I had and that was a great car!"

Great transport for the cost

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, nice amenities,"

Cons: "no spare"

"I have a base Sport - no extra anythings. The Cherokee is a nice ride, a bit stiff but Jeeps are made that way. I'm not hotroding or offroading, just driving to work and short weekend trips. For that use I could not ask for a better vehicle in this crossover class. At this point there has been no issues with the engine or anything else. My one complaint? no spare tire. I would have added that option but the dealer didn't have any in stock and at $300, I figured I could just put together a full-size spare and jack. Unfortunately Jeep used a rim size (17x7 - 5x110mm) that is very difficult to find."

Great ride, but not reliable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great interface"

Cons: "Leather, bad visibility, failed transmission"

"I purchased this vehicle in January of 2014 and loved it. I drove it as a commuter and around town. After 4 months I noticed the leather seats are not very durable. Average use caused the leather to crease badly, nearly cracking. I've owned several cars with leather and this was the least durable. I have to apply extra leather treatment products to prevent the leather from wearing further. After only 8,000 I also went to get the transmission reflashed. Jeep released an update in May for the transmission. I was hoping it would cure the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The day after I brought it in and was told there was no update for my vehicle (the service department did not have the most recent updates) my transmission failed. I own the Trailhawk and like the ride. It's very smooth, cruises at a low RPM with little road noise. The interface is great. However, visibility is very bad, the front pillars block a lot of the view while turning. Also, the transmission shifted hard between certain gears then went out after only 8,000 miles. I also hardly got the 25 mpg highway rating for the V6 engine. In addition each Jeep dealership I've dealt with have not been helpful. I would not recommend buying a Cherokee or a Jeep in general."

WORST CAR EVER

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"No reviews mention the Sport, it is horrible! The engine has no power, you almost have to push the accelerator all the way down for passing. The transmission is NOT smooth when it shifts gears; I truly get sea sick in my car. I am currently looking to trade it in."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Fully loaded TH with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Came from a Jeep GC and so glad I went with the TH; more luxurious, better off-road, and that shark face front end is an awesome look."

Buyer Beware!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "It was fun to drive and I like the interior."

Cons: "Unrealiable. Have had 2 major mechanical issues."

"I began my lease on a 2014 Trailhawk in January of 2014. The car had 250 miles on it. I thought the car was great. I enjoyed driving it. But at around 800 miles the car started making a funny noise. I took it to the dealership for service. They discovered that my rear differential was broken! I never even drove off road with the car! Fast forward to this past week. I now have about 4000 miles on the car. Again I had a noise but this time it was coming from the front. The problem now? Something is broken with the transmission and they need to replace the whole thing. The first time I was without my car for a week. This time I'm without it for almost 2 weeks."

and the winner is ... Cherokee Trailhawk

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "True Jeep off-roader and much more"

Cons: "Cloth seats could be better"

"Finally, after a year of looking we traded in our late model Jeep wrangler and picked up a brand new Cherokee Trailhawk. We are die-hard Jeep fans and must have 'trail-rated' ability or don't bother. Other brands just don't cut it, and we have looked at all of them. Comfort and versatility are also important. The Cherokee Trailhawk nails both these requirements to the wall. The off-road ability is quite frankly, surprisingly good, although it takes some time getting used to the electronic controls of the 4X4 mechanisms to invoke 4 Lo, hill descent, diff locking and so on. Still, this vehicle climbs just a like a real Jeep should. The many other features, such as climate control, sat-nav, stereo/media system, driver assist systems and safety items are well designed and very functional. Some may hate the look, we love it. The highway ride is fine, reasonably quiet and we have found no transmission shift issues (as has been reported in the past) Having only driven it for a short time we can't comment on reliability but overall build quality seems quite high with nice fit/finish and nothing quirky showing up. However, we purchased the extended basic warranty (to five years) from Chrysler/Jeep as protection against failure of any of the very complex systems on board. Other than we wish the cloth seats were more padded and comfy, this vehicle ticks all the boxes"

Best JEEP i've owned

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage,Handling,LOOK,"

Cons: "Cargo space,"

2014 Cherokee

"Having owned 3 other Jeeps in the last 15 years i can honestly say THIS BY FAR IS THE BEST ONE YET!! The 4x4 latitude 6 cyl 3.2L got me through every snow storm this winter with my 120 mile round trip commute.The Cherokee handles well. I opted for the comfort/convenience package. with the 8.4" touch. Highway gas mileage is GREAT i'm averaging 29.7 MPG with my cruise control set at 64 MPH.( 6cylinder Jeep who would of ever thought!! )Interior is of quality material and roomy. Dash display is well lite and modern.The 9 speed tranny at times seem jittery in 1st-2nd gear but not out of the norm. with 271 hp it's got the pep for what your need.And finally having owned Jeeps before i love the direction JEEP is heading with the NEW LOOK!!!!"

2014 Cherokee

Jack of all trades and prices

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Off road ability, ride and options"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Let me be honest, I'm writing this to stick my finger in Chrysler's eye. I figure this is the only way to get them to fix this vehicle's sole glaring problem. I'll get to that in a moment but, first I'll be polite and tell you what I like. I've only test driven this vehicle (five Trailhawks, 3.2 liter). Presently owning a 2004 Jeep Liberty which sounds like a bomb went off when you hit a pothole, this is quite an improvement. I've test driven a Mercedes GLK 350 and an Acura RDX and found the ride just as good (and quieter than the Mercedes). I could complain about the $41k price tag for a loaded Trailhawk but, you could buy a $23k Sport if your inclined. One quick poke at Chrysler. They blow a lot of smoke about off road ability but, see if you can find all the serious mechanical options on the local lots (ex: tow package). I think Chrysler got a deal on dead Italian cows because they're trying very hard to stick leather seats in our faces. On to the big complaint, the transmission. The vehicle has splendid acceleration from a stop light. However, once you let off the gas the vehicle upshifts to the point that acceleration becomes impossible once cruising. To get adequate acceleration, you can hammer the throttle to get it to downshift but, is this what you want to do in the city? There are no wheel mounted paddle shifters on this vehicle but, you can use the Electronic Range Select (high gear limit in drive mode) on the floor shifter but, this also is an aggravation when driving in traffic. And as to the sport mode, its appropriate for accelerating onto the freeway but, its high reving recklessness in the city. So why am I so irked? Because I want to buy the vehicle. I mean, what's the average Joe going to buy that's quality and not north of $50k? The rocket scientists at Ford couldn't even but roof rails on the Edge and the Escape will toss your head to the point of discomfort. Enough said."

Overall I love this small SUV

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Uconnect controls, comfort, luxury, gas mileage,"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"I used to own a Jeep back in 1997 it was a Cherokee too but after having all of makes and models of SUVs I wanted to be with the Jeep family again. I've purchased a Cherokee Latitude it's fully loaded in comfort have ventilated seats from cooled to heated. Navigation in UCONNECT ft. includes Bluetooth, excellent audio system and more new options include. I picked a V6 engine it makes this compact SUV drive very smooth on a Terrain dial mode as going uphill or passing through the mountains that was available on Latitude model. Interior fit and finish is worth having a good price and incentives includes amenities with value that is worth for Cherokee. Seats are comfortable no 3rd row seating wasn't available but will have comfort in luxury while rear seats reclines on a long trip our children loves it as they can fall asleep on going for a summer vacation. It's quiet on having outstanding handling gets great mpg on 30 miles to gallon. I love all of controls was built to be like a Jeep on making it more top of the line. Available with an panoramic moon roof and UCONNECT emergency 911 assistance something like GM with OnStar it's a steal on updated options. I would highly recommend buying this SUV just counting on reliability have before decided to trade off."

LUV OUR CHEROKEE

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "3rd row seating, controls, dual sunroof, features,"

Cons: "electronics devics from ipod don't work w/Uconnect"

"I bought my Cherokee Latitude after leasing a Compass fell in loved with new styling and top of the line features. It's a great small mini crossover and absolutely drives very smooth. Love the eight speed transmission gives excellent performance a more adequate ride on great gas mileage. U/connect Navigation, blue tooth, radio, cooled, heated ventilated seats, rearview camera, comfortable interior and 6 cylinder engine is a blast going at any speed. Value, incentives and financing was best after doing lease return...I'm happier on buying another Jeep SUV this is our favorite SUV includes dual sunroof and leather seats available on Latitude model. Very quiet with powerful acceleration on a smooth V6 engine its best than ever. Seats have enough support in buckets and the 3rd row was still available giving plenty extra room. We love our Cherokee Latitude on lots of new extras paid at a better price after leasing a Compass on something being more base model with few little options we saw our beautiful Cherokee right in front the dealership so figured we must buy it quickly and both of us did was worth being under $30,000.00."

One is not enough

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "Few...maybe none"

"Bought a FWD Limited last November , my wife drove it through one of the worst winters in Chicago with no problems. She loves it. I love it so much I bought a 4x4 Latiude for myself. I pick it up tomorrow, my 4th Jeep"

No Torque and New Model Glitches

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Reason: Slow and complications

Pros: "Great interior and convenience package."

Cons: "Slow and glitchy"

"Within my first two weeks of having it I was already in Service. The entertainment options had glitches, a fan belt was chirping, plus the engine wouldn't shift on time. They told me the vehicle was still adjusting to my driving patterns and that everything would resolve on it's own. Wow-Come on! . It was slow- zero torque. Reasonable to fill-up but gas burns just trying to get it up to speed. Back up camera and U-Connect remote start great features. The navigation though reroutes the lengthiest ways even when adjusted."

An amazing suv

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "solid vehicle, strong and fast v-6"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased my 2014 Cherokee limited 4x4 with the v-6 and love it. All the features are great and the heated seats are perfect for my ailing back. I find myself finding reasons to drive it because it's so nice. This is absolutely the nicest vehicle I've owned and being close to retirement I'm looking forward to day trips."

Great for the roads and traveling

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Style, fit and finish, UCONNECT controls"

Cons: "nothing"

"bought an Cherokee after driving a 2012 Jeep Liberty traded it in because I love the looks of Cherokee it's a great SUV with best handling, smooth transmission, controls are awesome has the UCONNECT includes an navigation, travel link, panoramic roof, steering controls, adaptive cruise control and more. Cherokee handles the freeways tight with giving us quiet ride, heated/ventilated seats, rear heated seats, push button start, lots of options included. It's a great small crossover, looking more of sports crossover traveling through mountains with styling. Bluetooth is best even goes with UCONNECT too just like everything else on Cherokee. The V6 engine is very great, has plenty of power giving the Cherokee. 3rd row seats are excellent as folds down also has the rear entertainment center for passengers. I luv my new Cherokee I have been driving the wheels off it because love how it handles like a Chrysler 300 super quiet, neat fit and finish materials and looks very luxury."

Issues with Headlights and Transmission

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Interior design and layout, solid "feel""

Cons: "Water inside headlights, transmission "sticks""

"I purchased a new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude mid-December 2013. Approximately two weeks later, I noticed that significant amounts of water had collected on the inside of both headlights. I returned the car to the Jeep dealership where they replaced both headlights citing a Service Bulletin which acknowledged the potential for condensation in the lights. A week later, on a 5 degree night , I found frost built-up on the inside of one of the new headlights; I brought the car back to Jeep. This time, however, the service department used the Service Bulletin (SB 08-086-13) to justify not replacing the lights. The Bulletin maintains that the condition is acceptable in that it "will usually clear as atmospheric conditions change (I kid you not) to allow the condensation to change back into a vapor. Turning the lights on will usually accelerate the process." In other words, the deficiencies in the headlights design, manufacturing process, and/ or installation are to be addressed by the actions of the customer (or apparently Mother Nature), not Jeep. In the numerous discussions with sales, service and corporate customer service, representatives agreed the Bulletin does not address the issue (from a customer standpoint) but insisted that there was nothing they could do. My corporate Case Manager has closed my file all while noting he had received multiple complaints related to the dullness of the lights . In addition to the headlight issue, the transmission tends to "stick" or "hang-up" during transitions between gears, especially at speeds under 25 mph. This condition is intermittent and varies in degree of severity but tends to be more pronounced when descending in speed. In the more extreme cases a "clunking" noise/vibration was felt which emanated from the bottom of the car. Jeep updated the transmission software program but this resulted in no noticeable improvement. Note - With Active Drive I, there is no mechanism to manually engage full-time 4 wheel drive. The Selec- Terrain dial which puts the car into Snow, Mud, etc. mode does not put the car into 4-wheel drive - it adjusts other systems. With Active Drive II there is a Rear Axle Lock which is available (i.e., the car is simply an AWD without it). I only mention this because the sales department was apparently trained otherwise; I needed to go to Jeep corporate to get clarification. One final thought - the customer will do most of the "homework" in trying to resolve these issues. Sales sent me to service, service commented that maybe corporate had a new light design in the works (i.e., the customer should call corporate), corporate asked me if I would ask the service department if they had a different light that could be installed, etc. All good questions that should have been tracked down and answered by someone who took ownership of the issue - FROM JEEP! Meanwhile I have a car the family is hesitant to drive because of headlights that could become significantly impaired and the transmission."

excellent car

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "great price"

"we purchased the trailhook couple weeks ago which is 2014 v6 3.2 and I absolutely love it . Great suv and in the same time not a huge suv I love it the way it looks it rides great very very comfortable although it has off-road suspension and I think it's a luxury suv from the inside and great looks from the outside however my wife doesn't really like the way it looks from outside she said it's kinda manly looking I guess that's why I love I think it's different it has great power but so far so good only 1500 miles . As far as mpg I get 29 mpg on highway only on cruise control which is most of my driving which I think it awesome for a v6 4 by 4 . Not so sure about the uconnect app it takes a really long time to send the signal to your car to lock or unlock or remote start but I don't really care so much about since I use my keys to do that anyway and it's free for 1 year . Very nice size screen , lots of options 100k miles powetrain warranty can't ask for more . Good luck to you shopping for a new car."

Nice car!

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"I just bought the 4 x 4 Latitude and, on day one, I couldn't be more pleased. I love the looks and the way it drives. I also got a really, really good price on this car!!"