2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,638 - $23,133.

10/7.4

8.0

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Electronics do not work well. Third time in shop

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "electronics do NOT work"

"Electronics have not worked well. Car has been in the shop 3 times. Navigation was showing roads we had never heard of. The go home button would tell us we were 592 miles to home but we were less than 20. My clock goes backward by a minute then forward, then backward, then forward. Time jumps forward and then stops working. Error message on screen continually says "Vehicle Phone needs service. Contact Dealer". Dealer has been trying to resolve for months. They have no idea what is wrong. Driving a rental car at the moment while they once again attempt to fix my phone, clock, navigation and radio."

feeling sick

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "good on gas, smooth ride, nice interior"

Cons: "transmittion"

"I am 1/2 way down on my first tank of gas and transmission has to be replaced.... need to say more?"

Transmission Headache

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 in May. Transmission began shifting poorly on drive home from dealership. Worsened over next several days and returned to service department with 180 miles. Service reprogrammed transmission with slight improvement. Transmission still shutters in lower gears, headlights fog up after carwash, transmission sometimes makes noise after turning off engine and exiting vehicle. Having intermittent failure of radio and camera."

This is the BEST in Class of small SUVs.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive it and love the features."

Cons: "NONE"

"The Jeep reliability and toughness made this a no brainer as I have traveled the back roads of Colorado since 1987. I have used everything from my bought new 1978 International Scout, 2003 Durango, and now the 2014 Cherokee. It performed as well on four wheel drive trails as the other two with a superb level of comfort and conveniences. The gas mileage is better than EPA estimates with 24 city and 28 hwy. It has the Active Drive II with the 3.2 liter engine and is a fully loaded Limited. The pleasing part is the ride and handling. I rented the Escape, CRV, and RAV4 before ordering my Cherokee Oct 2013. It arrived Nov 8th. Everything works as advertised and is very convenient to use. The city driving and parking dynamics are great. It is my daily driver while the Challenger SRT8 is a fair weather auto. It fits the garage easily with the rear hatch door clearing the open garage door overhead. Good planning. I love the styling both on the exterior and interior. The interior materials and layout is superior to the three other SUVs I drove. Jeep got this right from the start."

First Jeep - Great Experience So Far!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Interior, quietness, power, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Relatively small rear cargo area"

"After driving small SUVs from Ford, Chevy, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Audi, BMW and Mercedes, I decided on the 2014 Cherokee Limited V6 4WD. I feel it was by far the best combination of value, comfort, interior & exterior quality, driving experience, power, towing ability, mpg, and styling. Despite it being a relatively heavy vehicle for its class, it handles extremely well, is exceptionally quiet, and feels very stable and comfortable to drive. Nothing felt out of place from the time I test drove this vehicle. The feel of the (heated) steering wheel, accelerator location, braking response and feel....all perfect for me. The V6 is exceptionally responsive, and my average mileage is 24.9 mpg, much better than I had expected. I often get over 30 mpg on highway trips; considering the EPA estimates, I am very pleased with this, and did not expect more. I am usually not one to order factory navigation systems, as I like my portable Garmin; however I did order my Cherokee with the Nav. Package and I am very happy with it so far: very intuitive, offers more than my ol' Garmin, the SiriusXM is nice to have, being able to check the weather, gas prices, find the closest Culver's, etc., are all great features, and the best part is, it is easy to use, especially with the voice recognition feature. The only single slight objection is the relatively small cargo area behind the second seats; unable to store my golf clubs without dropping down a portion of the 60/40 rear seat....but I can live with that. Overall, this has been a joy of the vehicle to drive."

I have had many of vehicles, This one of the best

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Power, Mileage, quie and fun to drive"

Cons: "None."

"I have had my Cherokee Limited, 6 cyl with 2WD for 8 months now, no problems and great mileage and power. I researched all the SUV's and thought the Cherokee was best for me. Very satisfied."

Beep Beep - Love My New Jeep Cherokee Limited!

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, interior quality, navigation"

Cons: "Spare tire option"

"This is my third Jeep having previously owned a 1987 base 4X4 Cherokee and a 1992 4X4 Grand Cherokee. This time around I opted for a 4X2, 4 cylinder Limited edition with navigation & panoramic roof options and couldn't be happier. The 4 cylinder is more than adequate under most conditions given the HP and vehicle weight, and provides the improved MPG I sought. The fit and finish of the interior has Fiat's style fingerprints all over it and outshines the competition in this class. To all the exterior haters, the looks will grow on you and likely represents the future trend in automotive design. Besides, exterior looks go unnoticed in the passenger compartment where all the amenities come into play to enhance the day to day driving experience. I did my research and the Cherokee was by far the best value of any compact SUV with comparable features by several $1K's. After test driving the vehicle and deciding to purchase, I sourced the lowest e-commerce price in the area that met my specification and negotiated with the local dealership to match the price and transfer the in stock vehicle."

Good All Around Vehicle for City/Burbs and Cruisin

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Quality Interior, Sound Ride, Sleek Styling"

Cons: "Occassonally Sluggish Transmission"

"I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for the more civilized Jeep Cherokee to ride around town. Here's my take: I opted for the gas friendly V4 and have not been disappointed. Around town I average 23-24mpg but once you hit the highway it's a dream. Although some say it's sluggish I think its fine for a vehicle this size. Four cylinder engines have come a long way. The nine speed transmission is usually smooth but will jump once in a while from 2nd to 3rd gears. The inside of the Cherokee Limited is well appointed and reminded me of an Acura. I love the Nappa Leather seats and cockpit which include a 3.5" color screen in its cluster. Favorite features include the keyless ignition, adaptive cruise control, automatic headlights and the 8.4 inch touchscreen. The style of the Jeep Cherokee is very appealing. I choose the EcoGreen color and have already gotten several complements. Although different, I applaud the bent grill design and sleek body lines. The alloy wheels and LED lights add a touch of sophistication. Overall the Jeep Cherokee is much better than the Wrangler I had and that was a great car!"

Great transport for the cost

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, nice amenities,"

Cons: "no spare"

"I have a base Sport - no extra anythings. The Cherokee is a nice ride, a bit stiff but Jeeps are made that way. I'm not hotroding or offroading, just driving to work and short weekend trips. For that use I could not ask for a better vehicle in this crossover class. At this point there has been no issues with the engine or anything else. My one complaint? no spare tire. I would have added that option but the dealer didn't have any in stock and at $300, I figured I could just put together a full-size spare and jack. Unfortunately Jeep used a rim size (17x7 - 5x110mm) that is very difficult to find."

Great ride, but not reliable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great interface"

Cons: "Leather, bad visibility, failed transmission"

"I purchased this vehicle in January of 2014 and loved it. I drove it as a commuter and around town. After 4 months I noticed the leather seats are not very durable. Average use caused the leather to crease badly, nearly cracking. I've owned several cars with leather and this was the least durable. I have to apply extra leather treatment products to prevent the leather from wearing further. After only 8,000 I also went to get the transmission reflashed. Jeep released an update in May for the transmission. I was hoping it would cure the hard shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The day after I brought it in and was told there was no update for my vehicle (the service department did not have the most recent updates) my transmission failed. I own the Trailhawk and like the ride. It's very smooth, cruises at a low RPM with little road noise. The interface is great. However, visibility is very bad, the front pillars block a lot of the view while turning. Also, the transmission shifted hard between certain gears then went out after only 8,000 miles. I also hardly got the 25 mpg highway rating for the V6 engine. In addition each Jeep dealership I've dealt with have not been helpful. I would not recommend buying a Cherokee or a Jeep in general."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next