2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,272 - $22,933.

10/7.4

7.3

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great Bang for the Buck

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Hi-tech options, reasonable price, fun, dependable"

Cons: "Limited storage, bugs that come with new tech"

"I've owned the KL Trailhawk for about a year now and used it for everything from a week-long trip through 6 states and back to daily commuter. I haven't really had it off-road yet but I have driven it in snow several times. Jeep has done an outstanding job with this vehicle. I got the tech package that includes options such as adaptive cruise control, forward collision avoidance, active lane sense (actually pulls the car back into proper lane if wandering), automatic wipers and headlights (and high-beams) and even park assist. These are options not normally available at this pricepoint. The V6 has excellent power and the stock tires are grippy yet give a smooth ride on the highway. It's not the best vehicle available for any single purpose but it does everything I've thrown at well. The interior design is very nice, especially with the leather package and I actually like the exterior design (the main point of contention from it's most vocal critics). I think Fiat/Jeep could have saved a lot of grief by just giving it a different name and the "purists" would have been happy(er anyway). The only gripes I have are the limited storage (I knew this when I bought it though) and the new 9 speed tranny takes a little getting used to. Generally, you don't notice the transmission but there are times when it shows it's new tech and still has a few bugs - like when I slow almost to a stop and hit the accelerator again it wants to stay in 3rd and I can either force a downshift or just wait it out as rpms slowly increase. Sport mode seems to alleviate the issue but it's not that big of a deal to me. They've already released updates for the transmission and I'm hopeful more are coming. This is a minor gripe and many people probably wouldn't even notice it if they experienced it. Overall, I think the KL is a great value. It's fun to drive, fairly economical and a great conversation starter."

Trail hawk like the look and feel of it different

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "different look fun to drive price seems high"

Cons: "could have more turnk space"

"So far so good I have the trail hawk 2015 by jeep Cherokee 6 cylinder I had 40 miles on it and like the ride so far no clunk in the trans yet runs great pretty fast for a 6 price ok could of been better . I like the look nick named it homer for homer Simpson Lol the right side for a family of two we also have a Cadillac Escalade ,but the jeep so far is fun I am 60 and can say I like it so far leather navigation camera back up I got the mid grade not the top shelf I had two days so real just like the style and size and I put 89 gas in it runs great so far I will tell you more later wish me luck got the 100mile warranty"

I Like It

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "All Around Great Vehicle"

Cons: "Infotainment Updates By Jeep Cause Nav Delays"

"Currently leasing a 2015 Limited version with the 8.4AN. I've owned numerous cars over the last 10 or so years, and this is surprisingly my favorite to date...yes even above an Audi, BMW, Nissan etc. Quality is very good although i'm noticing some creasing in the leather seats. Only con is when Jeep Service performs updates on the infotainment system which then causes a 2 week period of delays and issues with Nav. My wife has the Nissan Rogue with the same features and the quality isn't even close to my Cherokee. No issues with the transmissions to date...most likely due to purchasing the 2015 model in lieu of the 2014. Get it. It's good."

Transmission nightmare

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Interior trim is primo"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, ETC., ET"

"There ought to be a class action suit against Chrysler for putting a transmission on the market not fully de-bugged. Jeep service people say the tranny has to "learn" how you drive to settle down; it's had 6500 miles to do that and it's still as "clunky", "jerky" and uncomfortable and scary to drive as ever. Scary because of the lack of any smoothness between gears and the fear that the drive train will break as soon as the warranty expires. This is one of the worst car investments I've made and just don't have the time or inclination to file the lemon law process. Fortunately, this is a company lease which is unfortunate as I've exposed my company to costs down the road that reflect on me. Lousy car experience and Chrysler employees have been less than helpful. At one point they offered to buy back the car then had a change of heart when they claimed the transmission, bad as it was, was not categorized as a manufacturer's defect. If it isn't defective what is it??"

Stuck on side of road after only 6 months

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Frustrating Experience on every level"

"Buyer beware, this car has transmission issues. (look up 2015 jeep Cherokee transmission issues) I couldn't understand why my brand new automatic car was hesitating, shifting between gears slowly and running sluggish until it died on the side of the road, miles from home! Come to find out there is a software update issue. I waited 3 hours for Chrysler Road Side Assistance to come ( an hour a half later than they said) and was just told I may need a new transmission. Really?? Who cares if the car is under warranty. A brand new car with only 5000 miles should not break down.I am leasing this car and do not plan on ever leasing a jeep again. Unfortunately I have 2 and half years to go."

A great upscale SUV value proposition

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value, 4wd, unique design"

Cons: "None of note really - perhaps a smallish trunk"

"Owned the Cherokee Limited with the V6 engine since May last year and am very pleased with its performance, reliability and "fun to drive" factor. Previously drove a Land Rover and find the Cherokee better while costing '000s less. My advice is get either the Limited or Trailhawk version, as the lesser Cherokees lack some key equipment. Also get the V6 engine (this is a 4,000+ lb beast) and definitely get a 4x4 version (there are 3 to choose from). Also very nice are the Technology group with a lot of driver aides, Luxury group and the pano sun roof. Took a number of long distance trips and the car has been as solid as a rock. Performance in snow has been A++. Love the car and even more love the $$ saved in purchasing it."

Soooo Dissapointed

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, good tow to mileage ratio"

Cons: "the transmission has failed 4 times"

"I loved this car for the combination of compact size, mileage, 4 WD and towing capacity. I researched it before buying and all seemed great. I like the way it drives and handles...when it works. I have had repeat transmission issues on the care since I bought it 7 months ago. It has been in 4 times and while the service department is easy to work with, the transmission continues to have the same problem where it drops out of gear and sometimes even stops while driving. I was patient with the recommended resolution but after 4 visits and still the same issue it is not safe to drive. They have said that it may need the transmission replaced but will only allow incremental repairs to rule out less expensive fixes before doing so. I cannot take the risk of having it stop and getting into an accident. Cutting my losses at this point."

Best vehicle we have owned - Price is right!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Price competitive, power, handling & very modern!"

Cons: "Rear cup holder is stationary"

"My wife & I are big Toyota fans and needed to add another vehicle to our household after my son received his driver's license. We own a 2010 4Runner and my wife wanted something smaller for her so I did homework & test drove the Rav & Venza. We liked both, but were not completely sold on either. The salesperson asked us if we ever considered the Jeep Cherokee as she owned one herself. We elected to test drive it (2015 Cherokee Latitude) and were both absolutely sold on it about a mile from the dealership! Great power (V6), responsive handling, UConnect system is fantastic & the convenience of having USB & other charging ports throughout the vehicle was impressive. Only small item I wish was modified is cup holder in rear...it is on the floor board & doesn't fold up as it is stationary. My wife does not like driving in snow so after experiencing it in this vehicle she called me at work & bragged how well it did. I told her of course it handled great...it is a Jeep!"

the complete CUV under $35,000

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Quite interior confortable seating great handleing"

Cons: "small back"

"First get the V6. The Cherokee is a heavy vehicle it needs the bigger engine. You will sacrifice a couple MPG's but it is worth it. The interior is well appointed and quite. Great handling on the road and with the 9 speed highway driving is a breeze and off road well it's jeep. If you really go off roading then go with active drive 2 otherwise active drive 1 will do the trick for snow or driving on the beach. The only real competitors I found were thousands of dollars more. This a really value play in my opinion for what you get. For around additional $2000 you can a lifetime warranty which I recommend because the Cherokee is computer on wheels"

Needed way to many repairs in the first year.

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "Sporty handling"

Cons: "Nothing but problems"

"There always seems to be a problem or recall"